What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

CannaZen

My 2 cents

Combustion causes lung asphyxiation for me. Some people think combustion is more potent than vaping and inhaling raw resin but i think they're experiencing the asphyxiation. Its not worth inhaling a smoke that is predominantly ash it does me no good the benefit does not outweigh the con.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Currently I smoke but have a vape too. The high from smoking is a bit more potent and for me enjoyable. I smoke very little and do not have symptoms from it.

If you are hacking and short of breath then smoking is not ok, so just common sense I think. I am doing harm inhaling smoke I am sure but I hold the smoke in my mouth for a moment before inhaling so no hot air thing going on, that helps. With all the crud I inhale all day anyways I think no important damage is occurring after a couple tokes now and then.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry I don't know how to post links on mobile but a 24 year old guy in Texas I think it was died cause his vape exploded cutting his caratoid artery or something.in my opinion, constantly putting vapor or smoking in your lungs is bad.

Egzoset

Salutations Art.Spliff,

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ?? || Dr...

Deceiving looks, though i couldn't but notice it's from a doctor and i wouldn't trust those guys spontaneously, should i simply remind myself that the "War on Drugs" (launched by their self-serving politician friends) was possible only because of some bogus "expertise" in early days - for example as that of John Warnock, director of the Abbasiya mental institution in Cairo/Egypt from 1895 to 1923, which was the year Canada got its own national ban thanks to yet another "physician", Henri-Sévérin Béland.

The century after we can appreciate how François Legault came to promise raising the "legal" age to 21 yrs old, e.g. under political pressure from Québec' Psychiatric Association, the Collège des Médecins and my guess is "re-hab" therapi$ts (thinking of senator Jean Lapointe vs scientology "treatment") as well, etc...

Many of them have "elite" titles and yet they've proven absolutely socio-toxic after turning a non-issue into the predatory economy it has become, gradually, slow but steady!

So i was quick to cancel listening, after 3 ~ 4 seconds.

Truth is "medical" disciples are a natural enemy of "stoner$"/"droÿé$" (supposed to generate billion$ each year...) and now that it's "legal" we can't even rely on our own kind, which spells Cultural Genocide to me indeed.

So-called cannabis "abuse" (not marihuana, marijuana nor marahuana) ain't necessarily associated to self-poisoning toxic SMOKING which happens to be the worse possible consumption method, nonetheless politicians & friends love to perpetuate such confusion - not to mention paradoxal articles evoking a protective effect both in unborn feotus and smoker. IMO that's only confirming USA's VILIFYING 2-decades old patent, itself negating the "entourage" effect (as for THC working TOGETHER with other cannabinoïds).

In any case bigot anti-cannabic prohibitioni$ts are just too happy doing nothing to address the real problems with their respectively-adapted solution(s), while over-charging/over-taxing decent/honest consumers expected to pay with their health too, on top of serving as lab subjects to test pesticides in Justin's tumbled mari-caca, seasoned with cobalt-60 (radiation-sterilized...) insect poop and bodies, mold and whatnot! Euh...

:crazy::shark:

Time to conclude, i need my refill... :biggrin:

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They're talking about marijuana, not cleanly grown cannabis. Since I figure <1% of the cannabis in the world is grown cleanly, I'm not surprised they have poor information on the subject.

Clean cannabis: cannabis grown in a way which leaves little to no residue of anything non-cannabis in it. (my definition)

When you smoke clean cannabis, there is no harshness, no 'burnt plant' flavor which starts strong and ends strongest. There is no heat on the throat and lungs and it's difficult to tell you've actually inhaled smoke. It's a massive intake of amazing aromas and delicious flavors.

Cannabis which is free of dust, pollen, insect bits/poop, hair, synthetic fibers, unconverted elements, excess plant material and non-cannabis chemicals, is truly amazing. When all I'm using is clean cannabis, doctors see how clear my lungs are and don't believe I smoke 24/7/365. ;)

"Cannabis" is for asthma and other lung issues. :D

HUGE difference. ;)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry I don't know how to post links on mobile but a 24 year old guy in Texas I think it was died cause his vape exploded cutting his caratoid artery or something.in my opinion, constantly putting vapor or smoking in your lungs is bad.

Fuck yeah,,,
One exploded in the cubby hole of a jet just this week,,,
Popcorn and caramel flavour banned,,,,,s2

Drewsif

When you smoke clean cannabis, there is no harshness, no 'burnt plant' flavor which starts strong and ends strongest. There is no heat on the throat and lungs and it's difficult to tell you've actually inhaled smoke. It's a massive intake of amazing aromas and delicious flavors.

Sorry but you can't breed or grow tar and carbon out of a plant. Its a taint to the vapor, in any amount. No matter how rich the bud, there's gonna be black tar in the bowl. Until you grow a single giant waterballoon trichome on a vine, this will remain true. Maybe Monsanto or GW is working on that?

All those contaminants you listed have nothing to do with the fundamental plant tars, contaminants are readily detected at vaporization temperatures while lung-coating tars are not. The yield of black tar that comes out of a 2 week iso soak of already extracted material is absolutely disgusting. I dont remember the numbers but my God, you could probably refine a lb of duff into a quart of diesel. When you blow a brown patch onto a paper towel after taking a drag, thats not the kind of sticky anyone wants, but it's unavoidable with combustion of raw plant matter.

Smoking flower is like growing lesser quality herb or rolling bad hitting joints on purpose. Why? We want the cleansing "Seafoam" power, adding any amount of engine sludge to the mix is detrimental. Burning off your membrane-cleansing solvents is also detrimental. Cannabis was always meant to be processed, to seperate plant material and it's tars from Cannabis metabolites.

I've seen smokers cough up black shit the first time vaping, preceeding utter confusion as to how high they got. If your herb is good in a joint, you'll be blown away by its pure form. I keep asking myself why people combust their prized herb. If someone thinks vaporizers are lacking in any way, they are not getting high off Cannabis isoprenes, but off of the same tar and carbon you could get from a tree leaf,no joke. Or their vaporizer is busted Chinese conduction junk. Its the 21st century, and people can do what they want to themselves, but there's really no reason to light unprocessed plants on fire, a trend which was only a result of black market circumstance in the first place. No one in Afghanistan was ever lighting plants on fire, not even the homeless. Cannabis is meant to be processed. Hash was not about potency, it was a carbon/tar reduction necessity when the herb was taken out of the censer and into the handpipe.

I'm surprised Cannabis cups allow archaic combustion as an evaluation of quality. They should be using the same standardized vape! No hiding behind wood smoke and unqualified judges who can't tell what the hell they are smoking (which is minimally 2/3 of the population according to the armpit study, where 1/3 reported detecting vanilla and 1/3 could not detect the sweat sample at all). Hopefully we never see hickory-smoked bud with grill marks on the market,but the alarming association with carbon smoke and a strains flavor/potency says it's likely to happen. I hear it all the time: "Some strains vape better, some smoke better". Nonsense. If bud doesn't vape good it's garbage. If you prefer any percentage of tar smoke to the flavor of untainted resin vapor, youre not qualified to judge Cannabis.

Been vaping over a decade. Dont have to make hash. Vape pens suck. Modern concentrates muddle the effect immensely. Cant get high off a pipe. Can get high off 0.03 in a vape. Bottom line, vaping herb is where it's at. If 'rosin tek' ever evolves (which would involve atmospheric pressure differential for a fuller extraction), only then would it mimic the quality of a convection vape output. I really question growers who don't vape or hash their product. You cant pull the oldschool card while on Instagram and using humidity sensing light controllers. Get a frickin vape. Every grower owes it to himself and to the plant. If something tastes bad, the vape will tell you what it is, plain as day. Why would any grower reject that opportunity?

tcR8ODD.jpg

Any seed seller who puts a bag blower on his table will soar in sales, letting people experience the full potential of the raw unprocessed herb, independent of the unavoidable tars of combustion.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Sorry but you can't breed or grow tar and carbon out of a plant.
I know it's a very difficult concept to accept, the common and even "top shelf" offerings people call good cannabis are not clean. It is definitely possible to grow excellent quality cannabis on a minimalist plant structure. I call it trichome dense cannabis. ;)
There is definitely plant tar and wax in the flowers, but not enough to cause lung function to decrease in the slightest. The only concern I would have is the ash, which is what the water bong is for.

Without awareness, there is no way to identify lacking in your quality.

Nearly 10 years ago I grew (what I thought was) excellent quality cannabis. I had never found better before, and everyone I met agreed. Living in So. Cal and producing better quality than anything I can find anywhere, street, grower, dispensary, you name it.

I was lucky enough to experience truly clean cannabis before I moved. It was only available for a short time. This cannabis made my "excellent" quality, and everything I'd seen for 20yrs before it, look like regs and worse. This was 10 years ago, and I've done the research to find out how to produce such quality.

The difference is truly amazing, and I'm trying to teach more people how. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

And clean cannabis leaves a very clean residue which is only dark from the ash. Residue past an ash catcher looks like reclaim.

Malato

I smoke it, vape it, and eat it. Eating it has me much to groggy feeling, vaping and smoke produces same high for me but I definitely notice the effect on my lungs from smoking a half oz on weekend compared to vaping. Honeslty probably couldn't even vape a half in one day definitely seems more efficient then smoking

herbgreen

Veteran
mullein leaf is good on the lungs.....vape, smoke even... but I like a strong tea of it

Love the juicing raw cannabis idea

Medicinal effects of ingesting cannabis may well be better than smoke or vape

Rick Simpson Oil has that one down for sure.....

cant beat a good smoke but I def agree Lots of amazing other ways

I think in ancient times they just tossed a branch or two on the fire inside a tent....Like a really fun sweat lodge! Cheech and Chong style.........:biggrin:

White Beard

Fascinating, Captain....

Have smoked for decades, tobacco and cannabis, and worked in fields, behind the wheel, and in steel mills, to say nothing of a generally urban particulate count in every breath.

Smoking cannabis is the only part of this that I simply cannot take: by comparison, having a cigarette is a mild and pleasant experience.

Still trying to get settled in with vaping, and working toward a ‘change of venue’ which will allow me the freedom to grow and produce my own concentrates. Through the generosity of friends, I can attest that the flavor of well-made concentrate is exquisite, almost haunting - once you’ve smelled or tasted it your nose goes looking for it...

The main problem I’ve had with concentrates has been dabbing blind - not knowing how much was being set up for me; makes it hard to judge my inhale & hurts my lungs thereby.

S

Sertaiz

jamacian steam pipe bubbler!!!! the shizzle izzle izzle. can vape barely dried herb in it that cannot be smoked normally without coughing

CannaZen

You may think you are getting high'er on combusted material but you cant argue that exclusively raw resin is less potent per volume than the same volume of combusted material.. Do you understand what concentrate is? Do you simply think the vaped herbs still contain resin that will get you high after combustion? Because I've heard that one before. Why dont you try inhaling combusted hemp with CBD resin and tell me you are getting high off of that. Your feeling a shortness of breath, The body is compensating for itself, its asphyxiation. Do you want to also tell me that ash doesn't clog lung alveoli like for real? Get Real. You have to realize, Its like putting ash into your blood stream.. that was entirely the point the person in the video was making... Where else is that supposed to go besides the phlegm?

BTW, Combusted material contains toxins called carcinogens, Some studies have suggested its more than filtered cigarettes, And Bong water doesn't filter the smoke so very much, it cools it.

Times are changing. I'm combusting it out with my bong right now because I'm short an vaporizer.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this seems funny to me, as most people live in cities with awful air, its like they are smoking lovely smog just by breathing air right? haha. also vaporizers are electronic devices, so electronic smog and electromagnetic radiation(not sure if its right term, but you know what I think) - very healthy too :D

Latest posts

Latest posts