What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

airplane

Unfortunately if they are already "cured" and by that you mean dried then jared its not going to do much.
Once you miss the window of opportunity which occurs just prior to drying its past the point of no return.
The best time I have found is when its dried just enough to roll a joint that will go out after every toke because its still too moist.
I am sure we have all done that before in our haste to get high from a new plant.
There is a bit of wiggle room either side of that mark but already cured or curing is def too late.
4 or 5 grams of part dried bud can be cured easily by just putting it in a bag and vacuuming it.
No other preparation being needed.
Thanks great info !!!!!! if any question will ask you for some guidance

Dr.Mantis

Alright! So, I vacuum sealed my banana leaf haze cob after it dried for a day or so. Next, I vacuum sealed it and sous vide-ed it for 36 hrs. There was no visible gas evolution, but the cob became slightly buoyant. Today I cut it open. It has a nice mild fermenting smell, and is quite damp. I’m going to air dry it for a day or two, then jar it up to cure for a bit.

C527A037-71CD-4847-A141-89193A4200A0.jpeg
6833A60C-4A03-484B-AA09-824D90D90DEC.jpeg

Taima-da

It has a nice mild fermenting smell, and is quite damp. I’m going to air dry it for a day or two, then jar it up to cure for a bit.

View attachment 18856761
View attachment 18856762

May as well cure it in a vac bag, a low oxygen environment is safer until it's cured and dried. If you make the bag slightly oversize you can open and reseal anytime to inspect and dry it out a bit.

Taima-da

Less oxygen is preferable, so a vac bag is better than a jar, as some air will still remain in the jar even if vac sealed.
Once the cob is dry you're good for a jar or zip bag or whatever. Even then, I still just take out what I'm gonna use up soon, and reseal what's left for next time.
Keeps it more terpy

Taima-da

Looking at the cob, it is well on the way.
I'd dry it out quite thoroughly to slow the process, as it has had a quick start. Then seal and age.
You don't want it going too far into the ferment process or you lose some of the good smells.
The process continues as it ages, so a bit light on with the initial sweat and ferment is ok, especially with smaller cobs

Tangwena

Veteran
Talking about good smells I was inspecting some aged cobs I made a year or two ago.
They are quite dry now and also stable but being vacuum sealed the aged terps just burst out when you open the bag WOW!
I took out a dried cob of Panama x Honduras there was an enticing vague funky pine wafting out of the bag.
I sniffed the cob as you would a cigar and the pine was deep and dark.
Then I broke open the cob length ways revealing the twisted internal buds.
I dived into the center inhaling the newly released aroma. It felt like I was diving into deep water.
Pine. pine down further then WOW! menthol more menthol and then like ultraviolet menthol.
Thats when I tripped out.

img_2905 (2)-web.jpg
img_2904-web.jpg
img_2897-web.jpg
img_2901-web.jpg
img_2905-web.jpg

img_2897-web.jpg
img_2901-web.jpg

img_2905 (2)-web.jpg
img_2908-web.jpg

I've been trying some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian its over a year old now and so very perfect in every way ha ha.
I haven't got a good camera and my eyes cant focus to see if the phone camera is focused but this green grey bud of Mulanje x Malanje Gold opened up to reveal the most beautiful purple interior amazing pinosol disinfectant aroma cant wait to try it some day ha ha.

img_2910-web.jpg

Attachments

• img_2905-web.jpg
    img_2905-web.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25

Tangwena

Veteran
Bloom City!!
Freaking fantastic looking cobs😍
Wish I could smell 'em!
One day brother, one day, the stars will align when they do everything will be possible.
I haven't tripped this hard since I first tried Golden Tiger ha ha.
I found a heap of cobs from the two grows I did in 2021 and 2019 there's some acid in these ha ha.
Every day in every way we will get better and better.

Tangwena

Veteran
Wish I could taste them!
I had a lot more but they over fermented and were thrown out.
Those ones in the pictures were dried just in time the camphor like penetrating menthol aroma just clears my nasal passages and bodes well for a euphoric high.
I want to try them both on a clean pallet to experience the high nice and clean.

The out of focus bud was from my latest grow and is unreal in its pine aroma again with menthol from the purple buds could also be very good, but I'll give them until August to age a little more in the vac bags.
My August fishing trip is going to have some killer cobs to sample ha ha.
My curing is slowly improving as I start to understand my chosen plants reactions to the different levels of humidity and reduced sweating times I have been trying.
Its certainly bringing the pine type terps to the fore.

Tangwena

Veteran
What happens if they are over fermented??? And what would be considered "over fermenting"???
Soooo much to learn.....and brain soooo old!!!
You loose the terpy aromas and they are replaced by decomposition like composting aromas.
You will still get high though sometimes mind bendingly so but just not pleasant in the taste or smell department.
The ultimate cures have aroma, taste and effects that you cant get enough of.
Better to go easy on the sweating and use drier buds in the beginning and then experiment from there.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hy People
did Cob Curning make ones Landrace Weed so strong that he hallucinated?

So did anyone see things , solid not transparent.. And see them with your bare eyes?
With wich Strain / Vendor ?

( @Piff_cat )
I've never hallucinated after eating cob, but then if only ever eaten 1.2g or so.

I've had very large amounts of other preparations over the years and experienced visual distortions but not true hallucinations.

Very large doses of mushrooms, lsd or DMT are the way to go for hallucinations. I've heard Salvia also gives hallucinations but have only smoked a very small amount (once).

Last edited:

romanoweed

some definitions on net actually dont call seeing things with bare Eyes hallucinations if one is aware that its not real.
i see this a bit different, yes i was aware what i see isnt what i see normally.. so by definiton of some guys on net it isnt hallucination. However: in my question i dont discount knowing that its a hallucination as no-halucination. imho it should be the same.. i mean. for real, one sees a pink elephant (i dont reveal what i saw then ) and its, ohh, not really a hallucination.. tzz.. weird definitions..

So, did you guys see things solid , not transparent with your bare eyes ? yes or no.

Latest posts

Latest posts