What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5Gal-3bag kit OR 1Gal-7 bag

Morganic

Im ready to order a set of bubblebags and was wondering what one would suit best. whats the difference in the two and how much bubble could i expect to get from 3 oz of high quality trim. Im just wondering if the 1gal is up to the job. idealy id be looking to get a 1/4 of hash and when i think of 1gal i think not a lot of hash. Any info apreciated

Peace

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
imho it's almost not worth the trouble with only 3 bags.

imho it's almost not worth the trouble with only 3 bags.

I would get the smaller 7 set bags the 190u and the 160u remove a lot of crap from your 73u.
you'll just have to do more runs with the smaller bags.

ps. don't expect, just enjoy the quality of what you get.

Last edited:

Morganic

Cheers for the feedback. Im in an apt. so my grow is a small one, 3-4 plants at a time so i dont mind about doing more runs, its the quality im after. I spoke to a guy on the phone today and he thought the 1gal would suit best. Whatever bag i get, il be bubbling soon. Peace.

I guees im a cheapo eh!:(

G-D

mr teflon is correct!!
I bought the 1gal. and thought"I will be all I need" WRONG !
So I had to purchase 5gal 7 bagger and I think" it will be all I need ".
Save yourself money in the long run and go 5gal 7bagger
!

funker

I've been pondering the same thing, same situation (small personal grow). guess i'm going with the 5 gal 7 bag!

-funker

Morganic

Funker- I was gonna go for either the full 1gal or 5gal but S.D only had the 5gal 3 bag and then i heard someone saying they put 1lb of trim per run with there 5gal. If i saved for a year i wouldnt have that, i have however got a full WW that was nute burned and cut slightly early so im ordering the 1gal tomorrow for def. I reckon theres about 2-3 oz on it plus trim. Peace and happy bubbling when you do order.

Ps. Does anyone have any tips on using buds in BB's. Thanks

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey morgan all i can say is that one pound is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much for a five gallon run. I would never run more than 200grams, and in fact running a bit less is even more efficient. One gallon is good for 60 grams at a time, and the five gallon is 200grams.
Also if more people send seeds direct emails in regards to bubble bags, im certain they will eventualy put another order in. As they are in much better position to feed the Uk people's needs for bbags.
-peace
bubble man

Morganic

Cheers Bubblemon. It was your pics that did it for me and im itching to get a copy of this Jamacian adventure in IC. Does anyone know when its out? Got the new grow america yesterday,pretty good read, theres an aricle in it about the LSD days and it got me thinking about the antics we got up to. im rambaling. Peace

Ponyboy7000

Well Im one of those who got the 1 gallon 7 bagger, and now I find I need the 5 gallon. I dont regret it though, as Ive learned my process through small runs of trial and error.

I like to use partly dried (2 or 3 days) then frozen sugar leaves and small air buds. (about 80 to 100 grams) per run. It seems to be more about volume than weight though as that varies as to how much your trim is dried.

I do one run with all 7 bags and one 10 minute mix on low only, and 30 min wait. I get great melty, sometimes partly clear dome from the last 3 bags, the 25, 45 and 73. It doesnt even seem worth it to me to keep the 120. Call me picky, but I get enough of the good stuff to mess with that other shit.

Then I do a second run with more ice and vigorous mixing, (on like 3 of 5 speeds) for 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, and another 15 minutes on, then the 30 minute wait. I also rinse the work bag out a little bit into the buckets with the hose from the sink. Then the waste is thrown out.

For this second run I only use the 220(work bag) the 120(to catch all contaniments, these are not saved) the 45 ( I let the 73 and 45 to collect together here as they are so close in color and quality I usually end up mixing them anyway and its easier and lose less to scrape once rather than twice) and finally the 25.

This yeilds me 3 kick ass grades of bubble from the 1st run, and about the same amount of 2 grades of lesser, but still melty and pliable hash from the second run.

Last time I did a run, (yesterday) I got about 1.5 grams off each run.

What I think I would like actually is a 4 bag 5 gallon set. Can I do that Bubbleman? I would use the 220(duh), then drop right to the 120 since I dont keep that anyway, then just a 45 and a 25. So I think Im only adding the 120 to the set. Can I get a bag single to make it a 4 bag set?

Morganic

Ponyboy- cheers for the info, your the first person thats actually taken the time out and really gone into it in detail. I cut up a full WW plant today and was impressed, i think i should have enough for 3 runs. My order's sent so i should be bubbling this weekend:D

ps. i think a 3gal would be perfect. Peace

funker

Ponyboy7000 said:

What I think I would like actually is a 4 bag 5 gallon set. Can I do that Bubbleman? I would use the 220(duh), then drop right to the 120 since I dont keep that anyway, then just a 45 and a 25. So I think Im only adding the 120 to the set. Can I get a bag single to make it a 4 bag set?

I'd buy that.

-funker

bubbleman

Veteran
Everyone assume which bags they would need. But im telling ya, with all the bags you will learn much knowledge. To throw away your 120u first off is insane. You have not made enough batches to understand this. The 160u should always be seperated from the 120u., Im smoking on some nice 120u right now that the marbleslinger dropped off today> Nice treats indeed.
To not seperate out your 73u from your 45u, is a point of view that could only come from someone who has never produced full melt bubble. I have seven bags specificaly for a reason> however i can tell you if you want, buy a five gallon three bag kit, and upgrade with a 120u bag.
peace
bubble man

G

as many bags as possible - size to suit your needs

as many bags as possible - size to suit your needs

That is correct - you only need one set of bags in your lifetime.

Choose the kit with the most bags to get the best hash you can from the trim/bud you have.

The size depends on your individual needs.

My bubblemaking stepped up a few knotches when I went from the 3 bag to the 7 bag kit - now I use almost all of the bags all the time - still have found no use for the 250 (?) bag that is real close to the blue work bag (220?). Maybe this years outdoor will require the use of it ;)
I do toss the 190 after close inspection - even the 160 gets examined :D

The bubblemaking went up a few more knotches by reading bubblemans updated instructions... with experience comes knowledge.

Bubble on folks!
-joe

Ponyboy7000

Sorry Bman, I admit Im still learning, dont mean to be giving out bad info, just my experiences so far. Im not sure what Im doing wrong then, I never get anything good with freshish trim from the 120, in my 1st run its such an insignificant amount, that I can barley scrape up a small bit. In my second run with more mixing, I get a decent amount at first, but it is very, umm.. partically? if ya know what I mean. Then it dries to a thin little potato chip light green thing. It dont taste so good.

Actually, I just made my first FMCD. I wish my camera had a macro. It was the 45 from the 1st run. So there proves your point of mixing the 73 and the 45 to not be the smartest choice. ( It still does the job better than anything Ive ever smoked even if you do mix em though)

Anyways Im willing and wanting to learn more, Ive got no problem with what results Ive gotten so far though, I am a very happy customer.

Heres a pic of 1/2 the yeild from the other day ( my buddys to the other half already).

Bman, I know your a busy guy, but if you could check out what Im doing and give me any tips, It would be much appreciated. I detailed my basic procedure here and I got a thread over at OG that I pm'ed you about.

Hope Im not being a pain in the ass, just trying to learn.

Peace, Pony

Edit: I cant seem to get a pic uploaded and Im going to watch 24 now, Ill try to figure it tomorrow.

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey ponyboy no worries mon, its all about doing the procedure over and over. thats where the true learning is found. Your own mistakes are your most valuable assets> don't be affraid to make them, as they lead you to the ultimate way to do it.
I will do my best to hit your threads up with some tips.
peace
bubble man

Ponyboy7000

Thanks man, I really appreciate how you stand behind your product and help out the community. I am on my 10th or so run, and its true, it seems to be alot of just getting little details tweaked and so on. My runs , both in yeild and mostly (and most importantly) the quality.

The last run produced my first clear dome, and that shit is unreal.

Well Im actually in the settling period of another run right now, and I got to go to the liquor store quick.

Thanks for the help,

Pony