What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10th Annual LEGEND's Of HASHISH

meltybubble

Great to hear all went well,congrats DNA.
Hard to compete with your entry,im glad
your a judge next year.lol

Second and third sound so tasty,congrats Adam
and team Roor.

Alraeady looking forward to next year,sounds
amazing.

Cant wait to see pic also Blue Socks,bet that
sleestack looks awesome aswell.
Thanks for the results SamS.

Congrats to all.:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I will try to get photos but I think Bubbleman is leaving today before he has time to take the photos. Next year we really need to get samples before the dinner. I will do my best this year, but I am not such a Great photographer to say the least and I only have a lousy camera that does not take photos like Bubbleman's. I will try...
No Bubbleman, sorry folks, so I will post my pitiful pictures, and a few my wife took....
-SamS.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Photos of the samples

Photos of the samples

As you can see I do not take many photos but here they are..
All 12 samples, all 12 samples open....
Top of plate, MASTER KUSH water hash
clockwise to the right, LEMON OG water hash
3:00 HAND RUBBED from indoor mix
SLEESTAK/MEXICAN HAZE dry sift (#1)
WHITE RUSSIAN water hash
HUMBOLT water hash
AMNESIA water hash
TOOTSIE ROLL water hash
SSSDH aged dry sift
In the middle right SSSDH dry sift in the big round container
in the middle left APRICOT (#2)
in the middle right in long tube TANGE (#3)

-SamS

TANGE
APRICOT
SLEESTAK/MEXICAN HAZE

Attachments

• c-samples 1.jpg
    c-samples 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 16
  • c-samples.jpg
    c-samples.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 13
  • c-tange.jpg
    c-tange.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 15
  • c-apricot.jpg
    c-apricot.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 15
  • c-slee 1.jpg
    c-slee 1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sleestak/Mexican Haze Dry Sift

Sleestak/Mexican Haze Dry Sift

Here is the Sleestak/Mexican Haze winner this year!

Attachments

• c-slee.jpg
    c-slee.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 15
  • c-slee pile.jpg
    c-slee pile.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 16
C

Chamba

Yes, the winning hash looks very clean..I hope the winners will chime in with how it's made.
Obviously, it was a carefully made, low yielding method using more than one screen but it would be nice to read about their step by step technique.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It won't happen, the winner does not post on the net.
Wish I could see the % of purity but I can say it is clean as last years SLEESTAK entry.
Second and third were water hash, and I bet it was made very carefully with great plant varieties.
The LEMON OG was almost as good, but it is now starting to lose it's visual clarity and stickiness, it is what I call turning whitey.
It has to be kept frozen to avoid this. Several of the other water hash entries are I think made from fresh plants not dried and they also seem to be turning whitey. I just need to freeze it or use it quickly..

-SamS

Yes, the winning hash looks very clean..I hope the winners will chime in with how it's made.
Obviously, it was a carefully made, low yielding method using more than one screen but it would be nice to read about their step by step technique.

hash*_*bean

thank you so much for throwing an awesome event once again sam rob and bman

the judging was real hard this year, so many nice entries and the top onces were hard to pick, i had to retest quite a few times to be sure
i got so damn high the highest i have been this year for sure, i even lost a tooth during the event ,and didnt get to notice the pain lol was so funny

we just got done judging and anouching the winners, sid was about to ready up the hubbly bubbly pipe and i walked over there to see how far he had come.
there was like 5 min still ,i saw a nice soft coco cookie decided pretty fast that one was mine and grabed it started chewing and somehow it pulled out my corner toth well it broke it appart hehe

blood running down my lip i decided to go for the toilet and see what happend , rember at this point im super high so i get out the toth and rinse it in water to what happend
then i walk upstairs to join the party once more, just as i come up the stairs my friend dave from cannada comes running over and says they need my help to ligth up the hubbly bubbly, so i go over there

sam starts to fill the bowl and ligth the matches , i start to smoke like crazy and hotbox the room within a few mins of starting up the pipe and decide it must be on now hehe
i sit down on my knees beside it to assist the next in line as i have done before no biggie i sit there covered in smoke

at this point maby i should explain alil about how the hubbly bubbly works, its a old afghan water pipe and the basics of it is simple u form a line of atleast 25 ppl and u need a guy with some powerlungs to start it up
the way it works is you smoke and when u feal you are done and have had enough u quickly step to the side,the next person in line steps up to the pipe lift the top part and blow into the pipe to get the stale air out
once that is done the top is refitted on top of the buttom and they start to suck ,
each time they blow out the smoke they blow it rigth down to the face of the operators of the bong, it takes two ppl to work the pipe well and the line of ppl heheh
one person to lift and hold the top of it refit it and hold it in place and one to keep refilling the bowl and religthing it in this case sam is filling and im doing the lifting and lowering of the top part
so every time they exhale and when they blow out the pipe the smoke go into our faces, when they are not smoking the vapor from the bowl is going to our faces,
seing as we cant move we sit covered in smoke and every breath we take are like a hit so the high is intense now u know a lil more about how that works to hehe back to the story

so i just started the pipe sat down to my knees and helped the next person in line, after like ten ppl or so i started to sweat like crazy water running down my whole body,
at this point i rember i have lost the tooth ,haha then i just start yelling help help bman where are u come help take over i cant handle it.
heheh i got way to high, i have sat there before many times over the years, but never have i sat down there and started to operate the pipe straigth after i ligth it ,

hehehe that was way to much, not even getting a coughing break and just sitting there getting higher and higher ,
heheheh thanks so much for the awesomenesss the legends dinner really is
with out a doubt the high ligth of my year ,and has been so even befor i vent to my first one back in 07 or so
i remeber reading about the party for some years and just dreaming of going
i cant describe how honored and greatfull i feal to not just get to go to the dinner but even be a judge
again thank you so much for a awesome evening with a bunch of like minded ppl

RulaTone

Veteran
Amazing report HB i'm sweatin at your words! It must have been friggin epic, and you lost a teeth during the event?! That's some scary shit i hope you are better now!

If i'm lucky enough i will spend a lot of efforts into preparing an entry for next year.
I hope also mine will make you sweat!

Sam talked about an interesting point, wich i also experienced often.
Doing water hash out of undried material you end up with a more melty transparent hash wich then turns a white powder if let oxidate.
When you cure a little more this is avoided but generally you obtain a non trasparent powder less melty. genetics here counts a lot. I remember BubbleMan talkin about a specific strain called Rene the resin of wich never really dried and you can do bubblehash out of cured material obtaining a melty trasparent hash. Any words about this? Any way to help identify strain that behave like Rene? Or any way to cure to keep the most volatile inside the resin?
sorry i am too offtopic but its too interesting for me!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow thanks so much for sharing the pics and the good times. man those are some really good looking hashes. were the oily looking samples worked hash? or did they just get like that at the room temp? i love using fresh frozen material to make ice hash, seems to help maintain the flavor.

i totally feel you on the sweat attack after such a massive intake, lol. ouch on losing the tooth, but at least you were well sedated lol. thanks for explaining the hubblebubble procedure a bit, i could definitely visualize the scene.

big congrats to the winners.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
10th LEGEND's Of HASHISH Dinner and RESIN CUP

10th LEGEND's Of HASHISH Dinner and RESIN CUP

To be honest the jobs of lighting the Hubble Bubble and of lifting the sarkana (bowl) and stem to allow smokers to blow out the stale smoke between smokers is more then tough, I saw Rob, then Hashbean, then Me and then Robby having to go outside to get some fresh air, then Bubbleman, none of us could take the job for to long....
Thanks for the company, and the resins, what a night, see you all next year...
-SamS

Last edited:

bubbleman

Veteran
yes Sam I am back in Canada now.. sorry i wasnt able to sneak away for that last day and shoot the entries.. would have been great.
I had an amazing time again this year as always.. such a treat to smoke such great genetics made by some wonderful hash masters. The first place was one again outstanding.. as were second third and even fourth and fifth.
But definitly the drying of the hash is going to be a big issue if any of you water hash entries want to have a chance on winning.
The resin needs to be properly dried or it does what sam is saying ie WHITEY. it softens up . not longer holds its firmness and just turns to smudge.
I would also like to comment on that lifting of the sarkana off the hubbly bubbly. I did it this year when Rob needed a break and i gotta say.. WOW having all the smoke blown on you from the guy hitting it and all the stale smoke that is blowing out of the pipe.. is enough to knock anyone out. My throat felt like it was bleeding after ten people stepped up. Gotta say now thats a job.( i will say that i did not go outside after though lol)

anyway to a GREAT legends party... thanks again everyone for attending.. and like Sam says.. if you want to enter next year.. come see me at my Booth during the Cup

Peace
bubble man

GreenLab

I can only say, im truly honored, to have experienced this legendary dinner, sitting at table with some of best hash makers and Connoisseur's in the world and to smoke the hubbly bubbly, realy made me feel very humble.....

Im proud to have attented the 10th dinner, and it is a night i will never forget, thx to the wonderfull people attending.....

And Bman, i will do my best, to make my first entry a 1. place xD

--=GreenLab=--

Ludo

I would like to express my gratitude for those making this possible, Sam, Rob C., B-Man and Hashbean for arranging and judging. Thank you Strandvasker and congratz with the second place. I feel lost for words to describe how truely amazing this dinner was for me. I have never been able to smoke this much to get this high, trance like state that felt like being freed from all worries and pain. The hubble bubble is a pipe out of this world and the taste was so full and rich that it made you walk right back in line for another hit.....extraordinary.
I will do my best to attend this dinner next year, I am so inspired by the quality and purity of the hash entered and shown there that I am going to work right away to make dry-sift and water-hash and taking it to the next level. For this I'd also like to thank you.

See you next year....peace and good karma to all of you

M

mosca negra

A BIG shout out and Congratulations to this year's Legends of Hash Winners!

It has come to my attention that the 2nd Place Winner was hash made from my Tsi Fly-- Apricot Pheno. Great job to Strandvasker with another Great Win. Strandvasker also Won 3rd Place in this year's IC Mag 420 Cup with his Apricot pheno Tsi Fly! A double Win in one Year!!!

Cheers,

Mosca

Ludo

So true my man Mosca.......big respect to you and to Strandvasker........dubble troubble......hehe:tiphat:

bubbleman

Veteran
I can attest that apricot was KILLEr. I smoked it the first day i arrived after getting a call from MARTIN from roor " where are you?" well it just so happens i was about a block or two from Strand and Martin so down we went to the singel canal to chill ,, and this is when i saw the apricot.
Funny enough he pulled out his dry sift first ( which was lovely indeed but still had around 20% contaminant ) after smoking a few rips out of that by breaking in the new roor/vape/pipe piece he pulled out the APRICOT... i looked,, i smelled and i hit it.. damn it was the most exciting hit i had in a long while.. I told him dude you should ENTER THIS... he did.

I would also like to mention nikka t's wonderful entry as i personaly had it voted for third over the tangie.. the way it melted away to nothing was absolutely wonderful. I am certain that if it had been properly dried this hash could have taken third place over the tangie. That being said the tangi was super smooth and lovely to smoke and was definitly dried to perfection and thus earned its place .

will try to upload some of the pics i took of the hashes that were entered along with some beauties i saw that weren't...

good times at the legends of hash dinner always!!!

Bubble man

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Maybe we should...

Maybe we should...

I was thinking it would be nice to give seeds of the winning variety to everyone that enters, but I have not yet figured out how to have seeds of so many kinds available, as we do not have any idea before the event what will be entered. Anyway if you have seeds of your entry bring some next year, we will try and work it out.

-Sams

flammen

hey just want to say thank you for a really great night and a good SmokeOut hope to be there again next year and try and beat the hubly bubly to death :) and have a good entry with me and again many thanks a shame that not are some more dinners as this;)