What's new

DO NOT HASSLE...you'll get problemos...look at mine...

I dunno what was goin on in my mind when I mixed the fertz solution and filled my rez with it... First I worked long to make everything perfect.. then when I should start without hassle.... I hassled...

shiiiiiiiiit.... nutrient lockout....my well rooted clones were not able to eat Advanced Hydroponics 3-2-1 even with ½bottle strength... as they suggest for younger plantos...

last grow I gave them only 1/4 mixture... and even before that, only ph balaced tap water... after roots had developed lilbit I started to feed them with 1/4... As I grow aeroponic style, it sure seems that plants will get all - AND I MEAN ALL - the nutes they want... even it was very very light solution at the beginnin...

I'm not an experienced growa like many of ya fellas in here...so I'd like to hear the second opinions about this.... especially Krusty and HGC

Here's some pics of them... before and after...
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=352&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=2
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=361&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=2
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=360&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=2

this wasn't any of those shown at the first pic... this poor babe is MT
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=362&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=2

GOOD GAWD WHAT HAVE I DONE! :(

btw... I had spidermites during those clones were developin roots... I killed the mites with spray & high humidity... everything looked ok before I gave them nutes...

Last edited:

HyGradeChronic

hey bro

hey bro

..... hgc is FAR FROM AN EXPERIENCED GROWER LL.:rolleyes:
..... i jes been paying attention to krusty's madness for a while. aNY success i've had as of late is because i began to use krusty's system/methods EXCLUSIVELY!!!!! :p
..... yea, i had MODERATE success prior to running into the klown, but he drilled his ways into my head so that they became 2nd nature. hang on, i go lookee/see what cha got going on in those links ya posted.
..... dewd, looks like you got em in a frying pan w/yer bacon n eggs. lol!!!!! yea, you frying them, imo.
... 1) i not well versed on your stle of growing.
... @@2) but from those pics, i would imagine that as you say, you've locked out some key elements of the equation. and other elements have laid siege to your poor lil mj plants. it's a shame because you obviously have spent some time money and effort building your system, and, your bud pics look completely different.
..... first thing krusty gonna tell ya is: GH flora series nutes RULE THE FREE WORLD!!!!! true story. end of discussion. lol!!!!!;)
..... as i say, i no expert BY ANY FEEBLE STRETCH OF YOUR IMAGINATION bro, BUT THAS A real good place to start.
..... LL, seriously, i not know where to begin: but changing over to GH nutes would be my first suggestion.
..... i think i remEmber that krusty used aeroponics for pre vegging his TREEZ sometimes, and used horizontal lighting in that application.
..... as to anything else, i defer to his judgement on your situation because he has lot mo experience w/most systems out there than dum ol hgc. see any my threads at OG, i was OL DIRT FARMER, which along with using bulk r/w and a few ebb n flow ops was/is the extent of my indoor growing. shiiiit mon, i still got mud from the back forty under me fingernails...
..... g' luck, i hope you sort this all out as i can see it's important to ya, AND,....., you've spent a lot of tyme, money, and effort to try and get thjings right. :cool:
..... peace
..... HGC

geee....GH... that's what krusty was adwertising for me few days ago... I'll give GH a try when I get my hands on em...

Still I CANT believe it's up for nute label... as I have growed one succesfull crop with em...and afterall... isn't it so... that they all contain pretty much same shit... some do clogg nozzles.... but those I don't play wit...

Now here's what I did... I throw away all nutes in rez... I'll make those chickas drink plain ph-balanced water for a while...

Worst case would be that my medium would be poisonous... that is some dacron... or wtf it was called in here... anyways... plastic...but I highly doubt it is dhat...

About experienced growers... no problemas...

Last edited:

krusty

LL - heryas dewd:)

heyas HGC:p i see HGC has learned a wee bit form my posts in past....lmao but ya HGC is right...stress free....and keep to GH nutes.....GH keeps shit simple for us:)

uhm....it could be nutrient lock out or whatever you wish to call it.....with General Hydroponics (and no i dont own shares with them) you NEVER have to worry about 1/4 strneght or 1/2 strength...right form clones oyu can give them FULL strength....yet almost every other ferts i have ussed need to start off slow.....so there is something up with that....and i highly doubt LL that all ferts are the same.....i have seen sooo many variables in them...even the ferts that try and duplicate GH products....

sorry but i cant stress this enough...use GH products especially in a aeroponics type system

LL i asekd you before but wasnt sure if you saw post cause posts got deleted ....but did you have a inline filter???

this isnt a prob but i just didnt see one:/

also i noticed you dont have a res chiller.....even tho i think you should use gh products i would probably think (from the pictures) yer plants are beeing stressed from too high a temps at the root zone...what is yer res temps??? i am thinking with the high pressure system you have it would generate alot of heat.....i bet yer res temps are in the 80 F ....and they should be between 68 F and 72 F.....especially with aeroponics...becuase you have absolutely no room for error in that style of growwing (or at least from my experience)

i highly doubt yer medium is what hurt the system....even tho when i ussed aeroponics we ussed little pucks to hold the stem that were designed for the system/plants.....so if it is at all possible i would use something designed and not something you aint sure of..(if yer thinking it might be the plastics then yas aint sure)

and actually....if it was me i would simply do away witht he plastic...use a little bit of lava rock because it will actually hold the plant better (give the plant somethign to anchor to) and truely the way yo uhave yer system set up it isnt true suspended aeroponics....it is aeroponics but since yer not suspending with a simple wire then no sense trying to do it with some plastic you aint sure of:)

peace

krusty

ps- incase that all didnt make sense....check yer res temps...that is where the problem is...get it down to 70 F:)

I hear you... and you may be so right with allmost everything ya said...

I planned to go GH on next crop... even I feel like doin it right now... I'll take a few hours thinking with this...

about the root zone temps... I've never even hear that there's such a thing as too high root zone temp... but sure it's higher than that 70... around 70-80 I think...

but high pressure generating temp.... ? this is sumthin I didn't understand... mist should be a cooler kinda thing... my temp generating at the root zones would be those HID's ...

I've even heard of people raising the rez temp to boost flowering... shiit... again... very VERY annoying... to feel dumb I mean...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The worst nightmare grow I've seen was a hydro setup with warm solution NASTY! Smells like sea water and the roots were slimy and brown. Warm water doesn't hold dissolved oxygen very well, so the roots just drown essentially.

huh....debressive wave attacked me hard today.... everything seemed to be collapsing... huh...

I'll take a vacation from smoking.... for a while...

Too much is too much.....

peace dudes... keep it green....

krusty

LL - you say you "think" the temps are arround 70-80...that is not good...and with the small amount of room you have there and all the equipment and the pump n shit....i would gather yer res/roots are sitting over 80....just form looking at yer set up unless this is growwing outside in a cold garage (which it isnt) then i bet yer temps are closer to 85-90....and well 70 F in aeroponic is a must...

99% of the folks who grow DWC have too high of root temps....hence why they do shitty....

as crazy mentions the higher temps water dont hold the oxygen but it is more then that.....lotsa bad things can live in the water/nutrients that will attack/kill yer plant...at 72 F you are going to limit these micororganisms so they are not able to spread and kill off the plant to fast....at 68F i am told they cannot live period....so say if yer going to grow a mother plant...then 68 F is the root temps you want....but if your doing a crop then 72 F is okies cause by the time anything is able to do any small amount of harm the crop is over with

use common sense and trust me you will do fine:p

peace

krusty

Greenja

Agreed...I think root temps got the better of me stil in the last grow using perlite/coir w/ 15min feeds/4x per 12hr for instance. The problem w/ choosing this medium, and not having continuous feeds results in the 2" level of nuts in the bottom buckets and drains getting too high even though the main rez is set at 68...I bet I was looking at 82ish temps. This run, I"ve insulated all the buckets and drains. Next run Im going to try once again the lava rocks and cont. 24/7 feed ((after loosing 2 crops in the ht. of last summers heat to root rot from clones in 1.5" rw. )) but using clones not in rw either.

anyway...those are my thoughts

greenja

HyGradeChronic

!!!!!

!!!!!

..... there ya go a'gin greenja, TRYING TO THINK A'GIN...;)
..... you'll get it sortedout bro, hgc has faith in ya.
..... peace
..... HGC

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think root die off from heat is one of the most common problems had by indoor growers. So many problems that look like deficiencies can probably be linked not to an actual lack of an element, but to an unhealthy root system.

We've only grown hydro a couple times, and none of them were stellar, and I now know it was the root zone temps that got us. Even in soil, heat is a big issue. One hot day can kill off millions of root tips and cause decay in the root zone. The decay and the anaerobic (no oxygen) conditions are difficult to remedy, especially in soil.
cc

chillers...

chillers...

Rez ferz temp........................77.4
Root chamber temp...............79
Ambient temp........................79.3
Under HPS...radiant temp......88,9

I planning to isolate the reservoir & root chamber area completely from light.... and that should lower temp least at a bit...

If anyone knows where to buy some handy coolers/chillers to lower my rez/root chamber temp...please let me know... all ideas are welcome...

btw... if I'd lower the rez temp... then the temperature will be reduced drasticly in root chambers too... hmmm... maybe this isn't so bad thing after all...after everything is fixed...

to look at the bright side... I've learnt again something important for maximizing yeilds ;)

1 thing... I can't remember where did I learn that too cold nutr.solution will stress plant too... however... what'd be too low... as I assume the temp krusty suggested is ideal temps...

....those who didn't know... I had pretty hard trip yesterday... so, apologies for jumping around.... and thank you for taking care of me ;)

Good to have good fellas around...when things gets weird :cool:

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Krusty's the hydro expert, but I'd say all those temps should be dropped about 5 degrees each. The warmer the water, the less oxygen, less oxygen, more rot and as K says, more bad bacterial and viral life can exist. Bad micro organisms thrive in anaerobic conditions, or conditions with very little or no oxygen.

Get them temps under control and you just might be on your way to a happy harvest time :D
cc

HyGradeChronic

g morning

g morning

..... hi cc, yer absolutely ryte. ez temps are paramount to a happy and successful grow.
..... lol, the very first piece ofspecial equip hgc got for growing kn krusty buckets was a rez chiller. hehehe, the best item i have yet that enhancesmy grows. mine first chiller was donated to the cause by my permanent on-call HVAC dewd/gAwD. :D
..... yea, this chiller came outta an x-ray machin. it was designed to usae to cool the cathid ray tubes er whatever. neat "rube goldberg type " app. we installed a thermostat into the powercord w/ball probe thatsits in solution in the rez. it worked fine b4 we installed the thermostat. now it runs like a precision race car w/complete control of rez temps...
..... peace
..... HGC

I'm doing some research to fix this...

Mayde something can be stolen from a old fridge... ;) ...we'll see soon...

My girlfriend is the biggest problem as she want's to keep this house warm as volcano... But i'll change this soon :D

Or maybe I buy just a regular air condition to cool whole grow room...shiit... dunno yet... we'll see...

krusty

79 F aint that bad....it is but i was expecting 85 F form what i saw in your pictures...

the only thing i can say is maybe you took the temps say at the begininf og the light beeing turned on??

try take the temps when the lights have been on for 10 hours....

peace

krusty

hey Krusty...
light's has been on now more than 12h... and Root chamber temp atm 78.4... So whatca say mate? Is this still the first thing to do on the list? Even it wasn't... if you say it's worth fixing... I'll do it. And same with nutes... if ya tell me it's worth changing into GH, I'll do it.

hit forgot to give yas info on yer res temp....okies for many years my opinion was to keep the res at a certain temp....this temp was 72 degrees......if i ussed a res chiller i may keep it at 70 to be on safe side...but as a rule of thumb i was 68-72 F ....now lately /last 2 years i have liked the idea of keeping the res at 70 F when lights are on and when lights are off allow the temp to rise to 74 F ....i think this method is better but its hard to say for sure THIS variable out of a million was the one that helped things:/ now also i have run the res at higher temps/well more was forced to run higher temps...and i found things to be okies BUT the plants matured alot faster and didnt rippen up with large dense colas....again it depended on how high the temp was and how the rest of the enviroment was.....and my point of saying this is cause folks will probably argue that they have had there temps at 78 F and had no prob....but i will guarantee that towards the end they did.....se if you have ALL your ducks lined up except the res temp yes you will have a half decent crop and it will look as tho it went good ....but doing this many times i KNOW that you just dont get the full ripe AAA bud from res temps above 72 F....bottom line...every crop i got more then 2.5 lbs per 1000 watts the roots were still a angle white color....very transcendent (sp?) but when the res wasnt at the desired temp the roots were brownish and the crop was less....ussually alot less....even tho the bud was still A-AA grade:/
I added this quote... so no need to answer twice...

But whatcha think... should I still let those chickas drink that light solution for a moment to see if this will help...?

thanks mate... :)

Oh yeah... I had to come back editing and ask one more thing...

Could my pressuretank (or other steel parts of my setup)... cause all this shit? One friend of mine told me that ALL METALS release kinda iron to the solution... i.e. in aquariums... never any metal touching water.... well I used stainless steel 316... which is 'acid resistant' ....shouldn't oxygenate & shit... it' s used widely at industry....

In my last grow there wasn't this problem... and there wasn't steel either... well... sounds kinda weird and hard to believe it could be that... we'll see later....

cya

Last edited:
~~~~><>' -No sweat buddy! -I need someone to share info with and your machine's gotta work for that to happen! -We could do test studies! --KRUSTYS' RITE ! -YA GOTTA GET YOUR TEMP. DOWN !!!! --Thats it! -That will clear you rite up!!!! -This shit dont work at temps up in the 70's. -Ya gotta get it down in the 60's. -When my temps go over 70, -wich isnt hardley ever, -It fuks my head up cause I feel like Im loosin a days worth of growth. Know what I mean? -Your "loosing those days" before they ever had a GOOD day! -Dont worry! -Coil up 20 feet of 5/8 copper coil into a rubermade and run your nutes. threw it. Then get a slow but steady stream of cold water running into it from a hose or something. -Just fast enoughf to keep the water cold! -Drain it threw a hole in the rubbermade to your lowest drain (or condencer pump) and you got a solution! -This worked for me when I had heat build up problems and I've never had these problems again!!! -Try it, -I bet it dose the trick! --All the best!

KeyTronic

joo kyllä Krusty on oikeessa

joo kyllä Krusty on oikeessa

Moi Larus!

Tässä george. Jeppistä joo on käyty niin monta artikkelia läpi et kyllä vaaka kallistuu Krustyn suuntaan. Lisävarmistusta tulee koulusta kun pääsen tutustumaan ens viikolla miten homma on siellä hoidettu...

Roger that, over&out!

Latest posts

Latest posts