What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED-Hydro Veggie/Herb Garden

LetsSeeYa

when the day comes i am thinking it will be a pack of Serious Seeds AK47 and a dozen or so Blue Moonshine beans (made by a friend, genetics are from Dutch Passion).

Blue Moonshine, wow bro now that sounds like a nice grow. Im not sure iv seen it, or is it something your friend crossed/made?

You just lets me know, cuz i wanna watch that grow log fer sure my friend.

LSY:jump:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Blue Moonshine was originally by DJ Shorts if I'm not mistaken, Dutch Passion has their own version, which is the cross my buddy gave me...

GP73LPC

Veteran
a little update...

my peppers are kicking serious ass, producing no less than about 30-40 peppers at a time

i have a couple broccoli clones/seedlings??? i bought and a celebrity tomato clone i took from an outdoor plant to put into DWC...

and of course the basil, producing lots of flowers at the moment. smells great, goes great with italian food ;)

picture.php

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks man...

supplied a butt load of peppers so far, basil anytime you want it and lettuce for sandwiches/salads.

now i hope to have winter tomato's... ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
peppers are living entirely off of rainwater and lucas formula :good:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good

didn't have the whole time to read, but looks like your saving the basil seed? that's always fun, loads and loads of seed to re-due again and again..

looking good, that pepper plant is amazing, such compact growth on it.

good luck on the tomato, tomatoes clone very easy, so it should thrive with no problems..

have fun

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks habeeb...

i save a lot of my seeds... peppers, basil, lettuce, cantaloupe, etc...

i think the bushiness and short nodes on the pepper plant are LED related ;)

thanks again :wave:

GP73LPC

Veteran
my 9 month old jalapeno plant, with no res changes and running strictly on rain water now has been quite productive.... :D

picture.php

Nader

Veteran
Great work, GP! I will be watching closely to see how your tomatoes do, since I will soon be starting up a veggie grow as well. I'm in the opposite situation of you right now, as I can currently grow cannabis, but I won't be able to for my next run at home, so I'll be planning a tomato-growing frenzy. I'm a hardcore seed junkie myself, so don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like some seeds of absolutely wonderful OP tomato varieties (I've even got the best of the new open-pollinated dwarf varieties from the Dwarf Tomato Project!) and other veggies and herbs as well. One of my callings in life is simply to spread the love by sharing seeds :)

Are you going to restrict all growth of the tomato plant to one or two vines?

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks Nader...

this is really my first attempt at growing tomato's hydroponically... the first years ago only lasted briefly before they went into dirt so i could grow weed :D

what do you recommend...

pics in a little bit, two of my tomato plants are stretching terribly... :eek:

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Veteran
here is a pic from a week ago...

picture.php

look at the tomato stretch... no other plant has stretched like these two...

picture.php

the whole group... peppers still being produced ;)

picture.php

Nader

Veteran
Yup, that's the stretch that pisses off most people who want tomatoes. If you can manage to get them as close to the light as possible from the very start, then do it. Also, new tomato clones and seedlings are much happier when you provide bottom heat, so long as the light source is close. The one in the cup in my opinion is too fargone for optimum indoor flowering and fruiting. It would be easy to trench that stretchy stem outdoors and have it all root, but it's all wintery and shit outside, at least on the mountainside where I live.

The one in the net pot looks a bit more hopeful, and should definitely be kept to one vine of growth for now. I've had great success with supercropping skinny 'maters, if I'm patient. Just give them some support right after, both physical and emotional. Also, my tomatoes are thicker and stockier when I inocculate them as early as possible with a micronized mycorrhizal product, and throughout the day I run my hand very firmly yet lovingly through seedlings as they pop up (same can be done with clones) which definitely makes them more sturdy than just a fan would. Tomatoes like to be touched, and most nightshades are okay with being manhandled, so don't be tentative about it.

But yeah, time to supercrop!! You may have more luck with the aforementioned open-pollinated dwarves (the ones I have are Rosella Purple) since they are half the size of regular tomato plants right from the get-go.

GP73LPC

Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nader again.

hey thanks for the info Nader...

i will take your advice and try to limit growth to one vine as well as do some supercropping...

Nader

Veteran
I'll be sending out some de-stretching vibrations in your direction :)

If you can source some liquid ormus (orbitally re-arranged monotomic elements), it works great with supercropping. After lights out, simply rub a small drop of it onto the bent/crushed area, and it will heal faster, better, and with less effort. Use as little of it as possible. It's beyond potent shit if you have the real stuff, and should be stored in a dark place covered in at least three layers of aluminum foil and away from EMFs if possible.

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks again Nader...

i just did a little super cropping on the one in soil to see how she does... ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts