What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED-Hydro Veggie/Herb Garden

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
ah ha, the lettuce has finally produced seeds !!!!

i think it was pollination. after really moving the plant around and touching flowers as if i were a bee, i think i figured out my lettuce crop completely finishing with seeds :D

pics later, gonna run right now...

I LOVE THIS LED LIGHT, IT'S GROWN EVERYTHING SO FAR...

GP73LPC

Veteran
ok, here's a pic, it's terrible, but i tried to show a couple of dandelion style puffs...

starts as a flower, turns to the puff that can be blown away with the wind. seed is attached to the bottom of each individual parachute strand....

picture.php

Swiss Chard is a good replacement for lettuce. Even takes the heat. The plant will get big but not long such as your lettuce did.

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks for tip Joe, i will keep that in mind for the future :good:

GP73LPC

Veteran
good news, bad news....

this light only puts out 109 watts...

that means stra8outtaweeds grow just went from .88 gpw to 1.21 gpw :D

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
pepper plants see sunshine for the first time in their life :eek: didn't stay long, just enough for a quick photo shoot ;) don't need no sunburn...

tons of flowers, quite a few tiny peppers just starting out and some that are ready to pick. the smaller plant is in the lower right hand corner (shes really covered up, just 2 or 3 branches sticking out, what you see is really the big plant on top of the smaller one). it's getting ready to get a new life, probably in soil in the greenhouse...

one more thing, when i was growing weed i wanted things as simple as possible. at first i followed all the rules on rez changes, etc... by the time i stop growing i wasn't changing my rez at all during an entire flowering period, 60 days or so... did not see any damage to plants by doing this. well these two pepper plants have never had a rez change, since late February. i just add water and nutes as needed ;) there is no doubt she is healthy...

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks LSY, but it's not really me, is it? :dunno:

just lucas formula and a welthink wex-c150 led bar.

can't wait to grow some different seeds with this thing ;)

LetsSeeYa

thanks LSY, but it's not really me, is it? :dunno:

just lucas formula and a welthink wex-c150 led bar.

can't wait to grow some different seeds with this thing ;)

Hey i cant wait till ya get some new seeds in there too. Soon i hope brother:dance013: maybe something more interesting to ya man, lol.

Just messin with your head bro,

Keep em green man:wave:

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
when the day comes i am thinking it will be a pack of Serious Seeds AK47 and a dozen or so Blue Moonshine beans (made by a friend, genetics are from Dutch Passion).

GP73LPC

Veteran
a better pic of the seeded lettuce before it's chopped...

picture.php

Here's my small hydro basil plant starting to flower. looks like a male mj plant, lol...

picture.php

alkalien

One Question: How do you know which LEDs are the 660nm deep red andwhich are 660nm orange?

Great show! I only grow vegetables under white LEDs...

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks alien,

the orange are 600nm, not 660. and when they are on, while difficult to look directly at, you can see the different color in each individual led...

my avatar is a portion of the led bar. small, but you can still see differences...

Latest posts

Latest posts