What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis DOES effect male sperm.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Me and my girl have been trying to concieve, after a sperm test these were my results:
volume- 4.0 mL
ph- 8.3
motility- 25%
sperm count- 218 million/mL
morphology- 17% normal

after the doctor seen this she told me to stop smoking weeds for 3 months, was a long hard road but I did it. Here are the results after 3 months:
volume- 3.5 mL
ph- 8.5
motility- 78%
sperm count- 240 million/mL
morphology- 15% normal

edit: for reference, here are normal ranges-
volume- > = 2.0 mL
ph- 7.2-8.0
motility- > = 50%
sperm count- > = 20 million/mL
morphology- > = 30% normal

so my volume in an ejaculation went down, the ph slightly increased, my motility(percent swimming) greatly increased, my sperm count slightly increased, and my percent that are normal went down.
The parts of this that are most important I believe are the count, morphology, and motility. Whatever is causing me to have such a high percentage of abnormal sperm seems to be helped with with cannabis, but cannabis seemed to have a negative effect on my count, and a more detremental effect on my sperms motility.

Id say there needs to be more studies done, cuz I cant find shit on the effects of cannabis on sperm when I research, thats why Im posting my personal findings...

My conclusion would be that cannabis has an effect on sperm, but that it is not enough for the average person to be concerned, HOWEVER, for those who are on the boarderline may bennefit from taking a break from weeds while trying to concieve.

NOTE: These are results from ONE persons experience, many peoples body chemistries are different, what may be for one may not be so for another. I encourage anyone else who may be having difficulties to do the same as I did, because a study of one man is not really a study at all. there are many factors that could have played a roll in these findings. This(cannabis) is the only variable in this personal test to my knowledge, but without more research it is impossible to make an accurate conclusion.

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Of course it effects sperm!!
Sativas make it taste a bit fruity...Indicas more dank--
So my wife says!! lol--
Oh wait...you are trying for pregnancy...my bad!!
(Lol..just playing homie-- Good luck on the baby!!):tiphat:

nobull56

ICMag Donor
Get Mo, my wife & i tryed for over ten years. Low counts & two tube-pregs; saw fert doc for over four years!
Sister & her hub died- we got their two kids & wham we got PG!!!

This was before we got cronic. My point is so many things now days efect it!

Keep trying

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So does this mean I don't have to wear these stupid fucking condoms anymore with my girl? :bigeye:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was it literally just that you stopped smoking weed or did you eat healthier and do more excersise/get fit too ?

how heavy a smoker were you ??

Big Eggy

Veteran
lol.. so when you were smoking you gizzed more.

On a more serious note though.. i guess it affects people in different ways like you said, i was a heavy smoker and both my kids were concived on the first try (i was kinda looking forward to all that sex).

However my friend has been trying for 5+ years now and nothing.. although he and his Mrs do like a bit of the white stuff.. which thankfully i'm allergic to.

Eggy

My wife got pregnant IMMEDIATELY after we stopped using contraception. Now we have a beautiful baby boy. :gaga: Looks like you need to use a splash of PH down. :biglaugh:

H

Hazyfontazy

Get Mo, my wife & i tryed for over ten years. Low counts & two tube-pregs; saw fert doc for over four years!
Sister & her hub died- we got their two kids & wham we got PG!!!

This was before we got cronic. My point is so many things now days efect it!

Keep trying

great story mate ,a similiar thing happened to a mate of mine ,,he and his mrs tried for 10 years and tried so hard they ended up splitting up over it ,,both found new partners and both concieved within 6 months ,,theres hope for everybody :comfort:

Neuronaut

Cannabis is an all healing herb... This is it's way of trying to heal the planet of our reckless overpopulation :)

ijim

Cannabis does have its problems but their is not a substance on earth that wont effect humans adversely. That is why people should pay attention to their own body and needs when using Cannabis. Just like oxygen and water we need it to survive but to much or to little and it effects us adversely. But only with legalization can we ever know the true effects of Cannabis on humans in general. And not rely on government or pharmaceutical evaluations of Cannabis. My best wishes to you and your Lady.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
probably why it took me 8 1/2 years to knock miss b. up, she never used birth control....and she's a complete cock-whore. :dunno:

This is just another reason for me to medically smoke.. its my birth control.... -=]

Last edited:

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My doc said just what you have stated..... there is anecdotal evidence to show a relationship between low sperm count, immobile sperm, and marijuana smoking, but that more studies were needed.
He also advised me to take 2 days off in between boning to let the sperm count build. It worked.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think it's the THC or Cannabinoids as much as it is the toxic components of smoke in general. I would guess that people vaping the herb would likely be less affected in general overall due to the lack of combustion and thus the removal of the toxins in the end result you inhale. :canabis:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Natural birth control? :bigeye:

Damn what does Cannabis not do!