What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Easiest way to make hash?*

dj digigrow

Hopefully(knock on wood) I will be coming into alot of trim soon and Im looking for the easiest way to go about it..... This would be my first time, besides just smoking bowls full of trics..... Thanks...

G

Sorry about that, I was thinking oil, the easiest would be just pressing your kief.
But if you are looking for higher quality, go with bubblebags.

G

I use a Mr Coffee gold mesh filter. Excellent dry sieve kief is what you get.

I use a Mr Coffee gold mesh filter. Excellent dry sieve kief is what you get.

Get you a replacement coffee filter. They come in Stainless Steel or Nylon. Look in the coffee section of your local large grocery store or the Kitchen Appliances Aisle (you know where the coffee machines and toasters are) of a wal-mart like joint. Break up your weed in the Bowl or Cone shaped filter,over a medium sized mirror, shake it up a bit and scrape up the goods and press into a ball of hash. I roll mine with a lighter or a small rolling pin a few times and scrape it up with a razor blade. Then all you do is roll that hash pancake into a ball and work it a bit like Play Doh. There is also a thread about an Ingenious Panty Hose Shaker. I'll see if I can dig it up. Yup here it be. http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=2706

Last edited:

CarbonARC

In my opinion The easyiest way to process large amounts of material is definately iso. Iso is a solvent extraction using isopropyl alcohol. It is quiet simple and there are many techniques if your interested. But you will be left with hash oil not hash. If you really want hash instead of oil then you should probably purchase a hash tumbler or some good screening and strech on a frame yourself.

my 2 cents

Wrecked

Why iso? I dont think iso makes as clean a oil as say hexane or denatured alcohol. i dont like iso as my solvent after comparing it to others. I still have to try grain alcohol but its hard to find around here... PeAcE

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Deffinantly don't want to use denatured alcohol as it contains methanol which is a poison. Easiest method for hash would be dry scuffing over a screen or a tumbler. Sour bubble yields well from the trim

CarbonARC

Why iso? I say use iso because its easy to get a hold of and very cheap. It can be done quite safely without to much trouble at all and is all in all a simple procedure compared to some extraction methods. ISO will make as clean an oil as hexane if not cleaner, the key is in your soak time any oiler will tell you that the longer the soak the more chlorophl plant sugars and waxs get into ie less pure of a product. Keep your soak time under 2 minutes for best results.

Grain alcohol is not generally recommended to make oil for the purpose of smoking, if you were orally injesting the oil in say pills or brownies it should be all good thoigh. Grain alcohol contains many things other than alcohol in it which will be in your oil once you evap all the alcohol off. Not good to smoke.

"i dont like iso as my solvent after comparing it to others"

What have you found in comparing it to others?

dj digigrow

ReToCs said:
i use this

to make this

to press into this
Thats What Im talking about.. how much do they run???
could I make that Myself... I already have a 12"x10" screenPrint screen in a frame...! But whats up with the tumbler??

ReToCs

i just bought it
it couls hold 150 or 200 grams of dried trimmings and i just let it spin for a while and collect my dry sieve

i dont know how to make it but its very simple put togheter
i will make some pics while i unscrew it so you can see the different parts they used to make it..

ReToCs

you need a little motor to turn the whole thing around
like the green thing below

the other side of the little motor, the whole thing turns around on the little blue piece

you need to make this one too

togheter

on overgrow there allways was a article on how to make your own tumbler
i dont know how you could make your own but i know it will save you a lot of money if you succeed

good luck!

:wave:

G

7507HASJproduction.gif

:respect:
_ ° O _

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
^How did you make an animated post??

Also very nice salad spinner idea. i'm sure cleaning it is tedious but well rewarding.
:chin:
as for the easiest way to make hash would be bouncing over a screen.
certainly not iso. or any solvent.
:yoinks:

Last edited:
G

@trichomefarmer,
I'm one of the best, if it's concerns hitting that mouse on the right button & choose 'save target'... you also did give me a lot of work in the pass with your excellent gallery on OG :wave: :respect:
The animated gif.files pictures can be created very easy and quick ( :chin: I read ... so :confused: ). You can find here in the Toker's Den some wizards who know which program you need to create your own animation
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=13264&page=48&pp=15

:wave:
Smoke ZE :bandit:
7507bong.gif

_ ° 0 _

G

I seem to remember a design for a kief tumbler-

You could make it by creating an enclosed cylinder - Wooden discs connected with a dowl (two screws for each disc's attatchment; prevents slippage), covered in a screen. The screen is easy to stick on there using a staple gun. You will want to either cut the screen so as to make a 'door' you can put your veggies in, or you can devise a way to remove the end of the screen (from where you wrapped it around) from the discs easily.
Now that youve got this cylinder, it needs to tumble. To do this easily (and most importantly, without too much effort on your part), youll need a slow, but relatively powerful motor; i.e. a rotisserie motor for a bbq.
You'll need to hook the rotisserie up to the cylinder somehow, go to home depot and find inspiration.
So youve got a tumbly cylinder now; it needs to be able to turn freely, so build a couple of supports (one for each side; the cylinder will need some sort of axle to hook it up to the motor, so just do the same thing on the opposite side) to rest the spinning cylinder on (simple one: a board, screwed to a base, with a rounded groove cut in it, that will hold the cylinder's axle in place.
Now, youll need to catch your kief on something: one simple idea is to get some large-diameter PVC; at least wide enough to allow your cylinder a little room to breathe. Cut off the top half of the pvc (for easy access), and cut it to a length slightly wider than your cylinder.

Place the pvc under your cylinder, which should be resting in it's supports. Load it up, turn on the rotisserie, and let it roll for a little while, youll be rewarded with a good dose o kief in your pvc collection pan :)

Note-
This got way lengthy b/c I dont have any pics, and the design is something that I first saw on the OG forums... Take inspiration from the tumbler posted above, and take inspiration from home depot/lowes/what have you. Enjoy!

EDIT:
I forgot the hash part! Press it into a nice bar, like ReToCs did

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts