What's new

AK47; Serious Seeds

This is my 1st time to post anything, so I thought I'd share some eye candy of AK47 being cured. These girls averaged 14 inches tall and will have not less than one ounce per plant. Some will be more. The entire grow journal is over at Serious Seeds forum if you care to check it out.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• HPIM2898.jpg
    HPIM2898.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM2899.jpg
    HPIM2899.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 18

DevilWeed

Great looking harvest! I have two phenos of SS AK47 in my room. Great smoke but I'm having a bitch of a time with these AK's autoflowering. So far 3 males and 1 female autoflowered. Clones did the same so it wasn't a fluke. Still got 1 good female though. ;)

I had the same issue until I replaced the MH light with a T5.
Even when I was getting the preflowers, I just kept on taking cuttings through 4-5 grows and man they weren't affected in any way. They rooted as normal with preflowers and took off like a rocket when they got their roots.
Anyway they quit autoflowering after the addition of the T5 and went back into full veg.

STUNKY

seems like sometimes if mothers don't get the right light stength they need they will pre flower on lower branchs.. doens't seem to bother them ..

Shady Smoka

Is that a common issue with ak47? Sounds odd
Awesome harvest though. That all looks great. Welcome to IC

Last edited:
No its definitley not a common issue. I had 4 different strains from different companies. They all preflowered too much under the MH. Not an issue any more.
Ak47 will always be in my garden.

AK47 starts small even while in Veg, but don't let it fool you. They double tripple in size after you flip the lights to 12/12.

I've been growing several phenos from seeds and look forward to creating my own IBL's

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Were these from the Fem or Reg seeds?

Did you pop all seeds and if so what were the germ rates?

DevilWeed

Mine:
Lot 4546, purchased around 1/10
11 regular seeds
9 germed, 2 DOA

6 males
  • 1 trifoliate (gorgeous)
  • 3 nice lookers, autoflowered at about 4 weeks under an 8 light T5. Full pollen drop.
  • 2 more nice males, normal

3 females
  • 1 runt with delicious buds. Fruity cherry smell. Developed pervasive PM. RIP.
  • 1 fast grower with dense buds and huge main colas. Also fruity. Very good potency.
  • 1 slower grower that branches like crazy. Think Trainwreck. Very fruity and cherryish. Favorite, but it has autoflowered on me twice now. I grow trees so this is a bit of an issue. For now, I'm just throwing them into flower once they are truly budding. FYI - When I say autoflower it's full on bloom, not just heavy preflowering. I have 1 I'm leaving in veg for now that's about 4 weeks in. Buds are packing on bulk. May just see if it will finish with 24h light... :D:D

oldbootz

Veteran
i havent tried growing AK47 yet, but i've done white russian and it was one of the easiest plants to grow other than being mg hungry. didnt have probs with autoflowering out of that pack

Claude

Veteran
Mine:
Lot 4546, purchased around 1/10
11 regular seeds
9 germed, 2 DOA

6 males
  • 1 trifoliate (gorgeous)
  • 3 nice lookers, autoflowered at about 4 weeks under an 8 light T5. Full pollen drop.
  • 2 more nice males, normal

3 females
  • 1 runt with delicious buds. Fruity cherry smell. Developed pervasive PM. RIP.
  • 1 fast grower with dense buds and huge main colas. Also fruity. Very good potency.
  • 1 slower grower that branches like crazy. Think Trainwreck. Very fruity and cherryish. Favorite, but it has autoflowered on me twice now. I grow trees so this is a bit of an issue. For now, I'm just throwing them into flower once they are truly budding. FYI - When I say autoflower it's full on bloom, not just heavy preflowering. I have 1 I'm leaving in veg for now that's about 4 weeks in. Buds are packing on bulk. May just see if it will finish with 24h light... :D:D

About the Cherry feno in Ak-47 I'm not sure what to answer. This is a 'myth' which started on the net between people who grew Serious' AK-47. As you might know it is very difficult to discuss tastes or to name, describe, a smell or taste. Consequently i don't know exactly what they mean when people talk about this. Friends who have tasted what other people called 'cherry' taste also said that you have to use imagination a bit. So, I don't really know if what 'they' named cherry would be recognized as a cherry-taste by others, or not.

I have seen on numerous occasions that when people were smoking something, that several people named the taste different from the others; spicey, sweet, fruity, sandalwood, vanilla-ish etc. all were used independent from each other. And who was right?

We get reports from people who claim to find cherry-feno's in every seedpack, while others say 1 out of a 100 plants is a cherry. This alone shows that nobody knows what the other is talking about. We have tasted many AK-plants, and don't know which taste to call cherry. Nobody has showed us a clone so far of a cherry, so the basic line is that there is no standard on what the charecteristics of the cherry feno really is. But for us it is interesting to see that many people do find something which they are very happy with, and call 'cherry'.

So we think it is best to let the people carry on with this, as they might be right. This is a myth of which it is not known by us if true or not. Several experienced knowledgeable customers thinks it is true, and others agree to this, so who are we to say they are wrong???

May be the only way to find out is to actually grow the AK-47 out yourself to see what YOU think.

Sincerely,
Simon

Of 2-3 packs of Ak seeds regular; all germed within 24 hrs.60/40 female/ male. A great pleasure to watch grow. Very compact for sativa lineage. I kept 2 phenos that produced the buds in the picture which are all cuttings vegged for a week under T5's. At finish average height was 14 inches with average weight of 1.5- 2.0 ounce per plant. Grown in Botannicare Coco Coir; one gal. pots; drip feed every other day. Advance nutes and additives. E.C. 1.5- 1.75; pH 5.8; room temp 75; humidity 40-50. This is my 5th run with AK47 and it will never be my last. The quality is off the charts. Not one thing about Ak I would want improved.
White Russian; same thing. As good as it comes.

litebuzz

they always auto flower for me too. Usually ready before everyone else in the grow room. Never very tall, but always a nice cola...superb smoke!

Well, I don't think I have experienced a cherry pheno AK47. But, I will say that SS AK47 is my all time favorite.

I lost the Mother 3 months ago. before that, AK47 was a staple in my garden.

Thank you, Mr. Simon, for you excellent work

Cheers,
S_F

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I've been very impressed with my AK47 from Serious Seeds. I got the pack back in 2004 or 2005. Still got one mom alive from those seeds.

G

Graham Purwatt

i've read this before about simon saying the cherry pheno is a myth.i've heard all sorts of stuff about it, 1 hitter monster,super yeilder,easy to grow,etc.i was gifted the "cherry" pheno, a few years ago and have run it numerous times.i recently passed it on and it no longer resides in my space. it is NOT a myth,it does exist. what i found to be fact after a few years of running it is that it does yield nicely,i consistently pulled close to 3 oz per plant,didn't take much dialing in,grows easy, and does in fact have an unmistakable cherry candy/cherry gum scent in flower which will not transfer into the flavor of the finished product no matter what you do,it also loses the cherry smell after harvest.stinks pretty skunky from veg to finish and is pretty loud after drying & curing.it is not a 1 hitter though it does have a nice indica type high.done at 56 days or longer.the taste is earthy/hashy.there is no mistaking the cherry smell in flower,just doesn't last past harvest

I've had different results with regular AK47 - no cherry .I grew a hydro crop, the girls got knocked up so since I had the seeds I followed that with an outdoor crop. The quality is spectacular, 1 hitter stuff for me, but it isn't easy for me to grow. Both ways yielded less than average weight , but the potency almost made up for it.. The AK got me through some real hard times. I'll definitely be tossing a few of those in pretty soon. Hopefully I'll get better yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts