What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funks Tent 2010

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Here is the gear:

Secret Jardin DR100 (3.3 x 3.3 ft)
400/600w Galaxy Ballasts
Supersun I reflector
CAN 2600 filter
4" Vortex fan w/ speed control

Medium:

Sta-Green Tree & Shrub Planting Mix
Perilite

Nurtients:

PBP Veg/Bloom (soil version)
Cal Mag
Liquid Karma
Hydroplex (soil version)

Genetics:

I started some Mandala White Satin, 8 Miles High, and a Hashberry F2 and seemed to get all runts. That is a rare thing for Mandala genes, but these things do happen. Then again it could be environmental. Temperatures are not as high as I'd like them and humidity is low. Either way I have plenty of seeds to play with. I have some White Russian x Master Kush that have just broken ground and have some more Hashberry F2 and Ice x Hashberry germinating now.

More information and pictures to come so stay tuned.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Looks at all that new gear! Someone's been busy in the offseason.
New scrubber...check. 600w ballast...check.

Looks like you finally got the Hydroplex, too. I can't wait to see how that'll affect your yields, since you usually do well anyways.

I am so jealous.

picture.php

Bummer about your seeds.
I noticed an extraordinarily high mortality rate with my Mandalas as well. I started five Satori seeds in my last grow and only one made it past germination. The seeds were a little less than a year old and were stored in a dark airtight container. Best I can figure is that they don't stay viable for very long. Like you said, cold temps my also be a factor. Hopefully, they'll pull through.

See you around.

Oh and the tingle lets you know it's working...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Panop - Good to see you around mang. I was really bummed about the Mandala seeds, but I've got other nice crosses to try out. I think you're right about their viability. Either way they are still the best deal out there for quality genetics at a fair price.

Ozeek - The filter-reflector-fan combo is not loud at all when dialed down. I have the fan speed controller at the lowest setting. It's a light hum at most.

The runts are still chugging along and not doing much. They've started smelling which is good, but they are still growing slow. Once they show sex I'll decide if I keep them or not. If this slow growth and small leaf business keeps going, they will be tossed.

I've put a bunch of seeds down and am waiting for them to break ground. The White Russian x Master Kush are the middle row, and the top and bottom rows are a combo of Hashberry F2's and Ice x Hashberry.

picture.php

-Funk

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Have you ran that medium mix before with good results? I was diggin everything in the setup until I saw the soil/perlite shot. Maybe I haven't used that mix before SO is it any good or is this a first time with it?

ozeek

i cant figure out wether to use a 4inch vortek speed controled with insulated ducting or a s&p 125 speed controled insulated ducting can 2600 for a filter

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Ozeek - I run my Can 2600 on my 4" Vortex and it works well. The speed controller I have is called "The Speedster" or something along those lines. Most online horticulture retailers carry it.

MedMaker - I've been running this soil mix for years now. It's dirt cheap (hehe) and it's quite effective. I rarely use veg fertilizers because the soil has fertilizer balls and compost, and the Perlite has some Miracle Grow on it. The real beauty is that the soil has Dolomite Lime in it so pH is never an issue. Look in my gallery to see monster buds grown in this mix.

I just placed all the seedlings into the flower tent. I've got a bunch of Hashberry F2's and a few Ice x Hashberry that are joining the White Russian x Master Kush. The older runts that have been in the tent should be showing sex soon. Hopefully I'll get a bunch of ladies.

Seedlings/Sprouts
picture.php

Mandala Mix - White Satin, Hashberry F2, 8 Miles High
picture.php

More updates soon

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The first group of plants are still sexing at this point. I had an 8 Miles High male that has been disposed of. The remaining 5 should show themselves in the next few days.

Here are some pictures of both groups:

picture.php

picture.php

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Sexing for the first group is over. I had a few White Satin males and a lone 8 Miles High male that have been taken care of.

Here are the females left to right: Hashberry, White Satin, and 8 Miles High.

picture.php

I'm hoping these girls will take off now that they've been transplanted. It will still be another week or so for the White Russian x Master Kush and Ice x Hashberry to show sex.

More pictures to come.

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Flower Day 20

The newly transplanted ladies are getting used to their new space in the 3 gallon containers. I'm going to start up with the PBP Bloom and Hydroplex next watering which should be a nice boost to the plants. This is my first time using Hydroplex so I'm pretty excited.

picture.php

Take it easy

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Flower day 28 (larger plants)

Everything is coming along nicely and showing strong growth. The smell these plants have is super skunky too which is nice. The smaller plants will hopefully show sex soon so they can get transplanted.

Left to Right: 8 Miles High, Hashberry, White Satin

picture.php

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Well some good news and some bad news from the Reefer tent. My White Satin female decided to have a half sex change and turn into a super hermaphrodite. The top of the plant was all female ovules and pistils, while the bottom shot out balls galore.

I was looking forward to White Satin too. The pictures on the Mandala Seeds website will make your mouth water. Anyways, one of the White Russian x Master Kush showed female signs and has since been transplanted.

I'm still waiting on the rest to show sex which should happen soon. I've started using Hydroplex (0-12-8) with the larger plants and I'm hoping the buds get massive.

A peek inside...Left to Right it's 8 Miles High, WR x MK, Hashberry

picture.php

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The tent is now filled with ladies and is looking very nice. My total count (not including the larger Hashberry and 8 Miles High) is:

3 White Russian x Master Kush
2 Hashberry
2 Ice x Hashberry

My 600 watt Galaxy stopped working after running it for a 12 hour period. I've sent it back and am awaiting a new or fixed one. I'm using my trusty 400w Galaxy and it's doing the trick for now.

More updates soon :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

-Funk

nnep

They look very behind where they should be at day 34 in flower, how long did you veg them or are they 12/12 from seed?

I have a similar setup and it took awhile to dial in, but i found that vegging plants for a month or so (4-6 weeks) then flipping really makes the most of all the room you have. Or are you doing a SOG style?

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Nnep - All the plants are from seed and were given a few weeks veg time. Next run I'm going to give the plants a month of veg instead of just a few weeks. The seeds are a few years old so I think that's why they have been growing so slow.

I hope they won't need a lot more time, but I'll give them what they need to finish flowering out to the end.

Flower day 33 (larger plants)
Flower day 23 (smaller plants) - I think that number is right....I neglected to write down when I switched the lights.

picture.php

picture.php

-Funk