What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My outside garden is better than my inside garden

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I saw this spot for gardens other than marijuana and, thought I would share my work outdoors.

The first pic is the ground I began with, second is how I shaped the garden, third is after planting and lastly is an update from yesterday.

I have three type of lettuce, carrots, snow peas, peaches & cream corn and White pumpkins for Halloween.

Attachments

• 20.7 KB · Views: 31
  • freshly dug.jpg
    freshly dug.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 14
  • good start.jpg
    good start.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 07-28-09 update.jpg
    07-28-09 update.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
K

kill-9

Very nice, Im growing pumpkins for my nieces and nephews for halloween too.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Very nice, I'm growing pumpkins for my nieces and nephews for Halloween too.

That's cool, I love Halloween !
These pumpkins are pure white and have a thin skin.
You do not need to cut out holes, just slice and peal away sections of the skin. When you put the candle inside, the whole pumpkin glows like a ghost and the sketch shows up real nice.

shading technique for pumpkins

pumpkin.jpg

growshower

i have a great vegetable garden as well, grow lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, squash, zuchinni, bell peppers, bananna peppers, jalepenos..........i love it, my food bill goes down so much in the summer months, plus owl mirrow, a good garden outside is the best cover for a great indoor one. words of the wise right there my friend

K

kill-9

Halloween is the best day of the year. I always plan 2 months ahead :D

Owl Mirror

Veteran
i have a great vegetable garden as well, grow lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, squash, zuchinni, bell peppers, bananna peppers, jalepenos..........i love it, my food bill goes down so much in the summer months, plus owl mirror, a good garden outside is the best cover for a great indoor one. words of the wise right there my friend

LOL actually that is the main reason I started this veg garden.
I live in a super-conservative small town of 3000.
Cut a fart and everyone knows what you had for dinner !

G

gdawg

great garden and true words growshower. thanks for the pumpkin carving tips owl. ive got some gourds drying and more growing im going to try carving.

sero!

really nice!

im an orchard fan, really love growin my food, and as you have said, it´s a great cover for our indoor activities.

cheers!

Owl Mirror

Veteran
UPDATE

I took a few pics today.
First is of one of my pumpkins and the other of two carrots I caught breeding ;>}

Attachments

• Breeding Carrots.jpg
    Breeding Carrots.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02759
    DSC02759
    131.6 KB · Views: 32

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had a few carrots that looked like that this year, it was where i was too lazy to thin them out, and it still tasted just as good.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
i had a few carrots that looked like that this year, it was where i was too lazy to thin them out, and it still tasted just as good.

Hi Jay, yes this is the first time I ever grew carrots.
I most likely crowded them too much. I'm just glad something actually grew, forget they don't look like the ones in the grocery store ;>}

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
imo it doesnt matter what they look like, how many non perfect carrots did not make it to the store compared to how many that did. the funky carrots taste just as good.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Hey Owl nice looking plot:)

What are the plants that you've sown along the border all around the plot?

Hello, those are Clover. I planted them to help control erosion and attract bees to the garden so I would get good pollination rates. I'll just turn them under and they will supplement the soil as compost.

The garden is now dead, everything has been picked.
My pumpkins didn't turn out so good, most are still green.

Latest posts

Latest posts