What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOG help...couple of q's

adam_haycox

I am looking to set up a SOG perpetual harvest and need a few q's answering...
All tips appreciated as I am still a Grow virgin
1)What is the smallest size I can flower my rooted cuttings at
2) How many plants per foot would you recommend
3) I assume smaller pots are used...what size is sufficient
4) What are the differences in yield with this technique
5) Are flouro's sufficient to grow on cuttings before flower...Could be looking at 36 cuttings at a time here...How would YOU light 'em
thanx adam

Hitboss

Re: SOG help...couple of q's

adam_haycox said:
I am looking to set up a SOG perpetual harvest and need a few q's answering...
All tips appreciated as I am still a Grow virgin
1)What is the smallest size I can flower my rooted cuttings at
2) How many plants per foot would you recommend
3) I assume smaller pots are used...what size is sufficient
4) What are the differences in yield with this technique
5) Are flouro's sufficient to grow on cuttings before flower...Could be looking at 36 cuttings at a time here...How would YOU light 'em
thanx adam
1)As soon as they are rooted. As long as they have enough roots to take up a good amount of nutes/water you can flower them.
2)4
3)6" (4 per sq/ft) or you could have some kind of soil bed in a rubbermaid.
4)There is no need to veg (besides rooting) so you can get a couple more harvests in a year.
5)Yes. Leave the question of how many watts to someone else ;).

Last edited:

Pactivist

try grow bags

try grow bags

1. cuttings can be flowered as soon as they are rooted. letting them veg a little first, like a week or two, will increase the yeild though.
2.well this is difficult to judge-depends on what light you will be using for flowering, since you said that you were going to use the fluoro's before flowering. i used to do about 2-2.5 per sq ft. with 800w of HID to flower.
3.ahh-- really, try grow bags, i got 36 1gal grow bags to fit quite nicely in a space that was 4'x4' they are kinda tall and they are almost square when filled. you can pack them right together!
4.this tech. will give you more, smaller plants in less time. other methods tend to devote a lot of time to a few Large plants, the harvest, if either method is done well, should be comparable.
5.I always use fluoro's to light my clones, then when rooted I transplant them into 4" pots of pro-mix & perlite, give a week to root this out under a 175w MH, then I transplant to 2gal. grow bags of the same mix move them under a 400w MH for two weeks of vegging. then it's 9 weeks under 800w of 12/12 to finish em off.
hope this helps. peAce.

G

"we flower in 2L bottles cut at the top of the label...and this holds about a gal of soil"

Sorry, lol, you cut off the top of a 2 l bottle and it holds a gallon of soil? I dont really think it holds that much :D

Hippo

Caprichoso said:
"we flower in 2L bottles cut at the top of the label...and this holds about a gal of soil"

Sorry, lol, you cut off the top of a 2 l bottle and it holds a gallon of soil? I dont really think it holds that much :D
rofl:D