What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Walter Williams

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1280px-Walter_E._Williams_speaks_at_Texas_Tech_in_2013.jpg

Born Walter Edward Williams
March 31, 1936
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Died December 1, 2020 (aged 84)

A great man was lost this week...a freedom and liberty loving American, who didnt see people as colors.

He ranks along side of Thomas Sowell, Allen West and David Webb for me...great, great men.

A few of his quotes that are so full of truth and honesty:

“But let me offer you my definition of social justice: I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree? Well then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you - and why?”
- Walter E. Williams, All It Takes Is Guts

“How does something immoral, when done privately, become moral when it is done collectively? Furthermore, does legality establish morality? Slavery was legal; apartheid is legal; Stalinist, Nazi, and Maoist purges were legal. Clearly, the fact of legality does not justify these crimes. Legality, alone, cannot be the talisman of moral people.”
- Walter E. Williams, All It Takes Is Guts

“Democracy and liberty are not the same. Democracy is little more than mob rule, while liberty refers to the sovereignty of the individual.”
- Walter E. Williams

“Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to become wealthy by serving your fellow man.”
- Walter E. Williams

“No matter how worthy the cause, it is robbery, theft, and injustice to confiscate the property of one person and give it to another to whom it does not belong”
- Walter E. Williams

“The War between the States... produced the foundation for the kind of government we have today: consolidated and absolute, based on the unrestrained will of the majority, with force, threats, and intimidation being the order of the day. Today's federal government is considerably at odds with that envisioned by the framers of the Constitution. ... [The War] also laid to rest the great principle enunciated in the Declaration of Independence that 'Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed'.”
- Walter E. Williams

“Discrimination is simply the act of choice. Scarcity requires us to choose; scarcity is the cause of discrimination!”
- Walter E. Williams

“French economist/philosopher Frederic Bastiat (1801–50) gave a test for immoral government acts: “See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime.”
- Walter E. Williams, American Contempt for Liberty

“Philosopher Johann Wolfgang von Goethe explained that “no one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he’s free.” That’s becoming an apt description for Americans who are oblivious to—or ignorant of—the liberties we’ve lost.”
- Walter E. Williams, American Contempt for Liberty

We are all poorer for losing you.

G

RIP. The man always came across as very likable and humble with common sense. Didn’t agree all the time but we need more leadership like him.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- I had not heard of him before - but he sure makes a lot of sense - from his quotes here -

RIP Walter E. Williams -

Latest posts

Latest posts