What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help about lst

Gio88

Hi! I’m cultiving my royal gorilla indoor (lamp 250w mh for vegetative phase) in an all mix soil. Now I’m doing LST on my plant or at least I’m trying... what do you think? How should I tie up the branches? Is ok how I have bent the plant? Thank you

Attachments

• E9038CF7-02FE-4BA4-A046-32B6E2E2776D.jpg
    E9038CF7-02FE-4BA4-A046-32B6E2E2776D.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 48
  • D929B9C9-3070-4D12-BCE9-F691DB3DD1DB.jpg
    D929B9C9-3070-4D12-BCE9-F691DB3DD1DB.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 6CF7D992-4E08-4F3D-878A-E0C1E195BAF2.jpg
    6CF7D992-4E08-4F3D-878A-E0C1E195BAF2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 82270B5C-ED23-4A01-A5A9-F214BE3C687D.jpg
    82270B5C-ED23-4A01-A5A9-F214BE3C687D.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 50

bushed

Yes you can bend it and shape it no problem. Especially while the stem is so thin, once it gets a bit thicker it's more likely to crack but even then it will normally be ok. Personally I bend the top all the way over to one side and tie again to the edge of the pot. I then top any shoots that are getting ahead to slow them down.

Just experiment, it's really hard to kill a healthy plant by shaping it.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hi! I’m cultiving my royal gorilla indoor (lamp 250w mh for vegetative phase) in an all mix soil. Now I’m doing LST on my plant or at least I’m trying... what do you think? How should I tie up the branches? Is ok how I have bent the plant? Thank you

If you like, take a look at the LST tutorial in my sig. May be helpful. Good luck.

Simon

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
No, the big leaves will help your plant grow. If you remove the tip of the plant, it will branch out more. After you get some branches growing, then you can remove leaves and stake it.

Gio88

No, the big leaves will help your plant grow. If you remove the tip of the plant, it will branch out more. After you get some branches growing, then you can remove leaves and stake it.

can I do it even now? Even if I will start the flowering phase in few days?(I will change lamp and switch to 12/12)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
can I do it even now? Even if I will start the flowering phase in few days?(I will change lamp and switch to 12/12)
If she has ran the diameter of the pot. clip the apical bud. It will concentrate its energy backwards e.g the circle is complete, and will not grow further, now you are interested in growing the colas that will emerge.

Gio88

If she has ran the diameter of the pot. clip the apical bud. It will concentrate its energy backwards e.g the circle is complete, and will not grow further, now you are interested in growing the colas that will emerge.

From the the photo I posted do you suggest to cut right?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
From the the photo I posted do you suggest to cut right?
The photo you showedf doesn't tell all. Take another picture. What you have shown = not LST, at least from this vantage point.

What I was taught, as soon as the apical bud, reaches the outside perimeter of the pot, It get pinned. Of course this is in the final pot. O course I do not mean "pin" but ther branch is secured in a pot with a "J" hook", that is how it starts as a youg plant. Later when you move into a bigger pot, you simply pin it to the sides. Once the circle is complete, you pluck/cut the apical bud. It will stop to grow lengthwise.

Gio88

The photo you showedf doesn't tell all. Take another picture. What you have shown = not LST, at least from this vantage point.

What I was taught, as soon as the apical bud, reaches the outside perimeter of the pot, It get pinned. Of course this is in the final pot. O course I do not mean "pin" but ther branch is secured in a pot with a "J" hook", that is how it starts as a youg plant. Later when you move into a bigger pot, you simply pin it to the sides. Once the circle is complete, you pluck/cut the apical bud. It will stop to grow lengthwise.

Ok I’ll cut! the plant is already tall (almost 40 cm) considering I’m using a 250w lamp. Tomorrow I will cut the apical bud then I’ll start the flowering phase! Thank you

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ok I’ll cut! the plant is already tall (almost 40 cm) considering I’m using a 250w lamp. Tomorrow I will cut the apical bud then I’ll start the flowering phase! Thank you
Whoa. I didn't say that! I'm out of here!!!

Gio88

Whoa. I didn't say that! I'm out of here!!!

I know!I mean I’ve decided to do it, it’s the first time I try to do it, I guess (considering I need to start the flowering phase) it’s the only moment I can do it then is it too late! Am I wrong?