What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Speakers Corner is toxic

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Then you must have noticed the number of long term members and growers who have ether left in disgust, or been banned. You may have also noticed how what happens in the speakers corner sometimes makes it's way to grow threads.

I found the site way friendlier when we didn't know each others political and social views.

I like to read grow threads, and dream of being able to. Way too many very good posters, with high counts and rep, show the word banned under their name.

When people get the boot over the politics, or whatever, and they aren't spamming, it feels so wrong it hurts. And I am a certified hater.

St. Phatty

Funny, you would bring that up. Before the Corona party started, I was headed to San Diego. When it's over, I still plan to head that way. My new hobby when I arrive??????

Surfing, of course.

Thanks for the link and the heads up.

Glad you could use it !

Has California really fucked up that bad - sounds like they're keeping the beaches closed.

Outdoors is the best place to be. Even better in the ocean in the winter. Not exactly a crowded situation.

They're worried about people transmitting Covid19 while SUP'ing ?

The longer this goes on the more it seems like, the way they used 9-11 to pass the Patriot Act, which had been written before 9-11.

Not saying that the Virus itself is the result of a malicious act - that would be a separate conversation.

But the RESPONSE to the virus. So boneheaded and counter-science and BAD BAD BAD for business, God it seems like Thelma & Louise are deliberately driving the economy off a cliff.

If I was California governor I would be encouraging everybody to exercise outdoors, and to keep their distance.

And I would be finding people with Big Backyards to have church services at. You can fit 250 people on an acre no problem. 15 people spaced out 200 feet, that should be enough.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
It would be hard for me to notice because I'm not a long time member myself. I was banned from rollitup in 2016 for posting Trump memes in the meme thread (they called it spam) so I came here. People do need to keep their political opinions out of non political threads.

The forums are a reflection of the minds that support them.

When people think their right to ownership, individuality and/or opinion trumps that of respecting all people it denigrates to a toxic.

To cling so tightly to it like a moth to a flame means that is all these people have in their lives and no means to transform. I have heard to referred to as crabs in a bucket. One tries to escape the rest pull it back in.

Who the fuck wants to be around that? Most people embrace "medicine" to heal so either people are too sick of they aren't using the right meds.

Neither party represents anything but the unaffected 1% so that irony makes it deplorable. If either party represented the people verbatim it would be far more understandable.

Actually, ergot is toxic

Actually, ergot is toxic

Ergot is toxic, please stop eating grains. Corn, rice, and pseudograins domt contain ergot
:thank you:

G

I like to read grow threads, and dream of being able to. Way too many very good posters, with high counts and rep, show the word banned under their name.

When people get the boot over the politics, or whatever, and they aren't spamming, it feels so wrong it hurts. And I am a certified hater.
All I will add is it seems that just a couple individuals with the hammer are and have gone out of bounds somewhat targeting members of particular opinions.
We speak of term limits for judges and politicians,,,,,

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
All I will add is it seems that just a couple individuals with the hammer are and have gone out of bounds somewhat targeting members of particular opinions.
We speak of term limits for judges and politicians,,,,,
ROFLMAO, Man please stop with your passive aggressive nonsense.....my sides can't take much more.
You are well known for your hit and run tactics trying to get others banned, the truth is up until last year or so before the RWNJ's went bat shit crazy it was mostly liberals getting banned.
BTW if what you say is true you would have been banned long ago!

St. Phatty

Ergot is toxic, please stop eating grains. Corn, rice, and pseudograins domt contain ergot
:thank you:

That does not compute.

I don't doubt that a mold or fungus that grows on grain might be harmful for some humans.

Does that extend to white bread ?

There's probably 500 Million people that bake bread every day. They could sprout the grains that are instead ground up for flour.

I hear people talk about sprouted this and sprouted that, bread.

Dallas Conner

Of course it's toxic - by design. Cynical attempt by a pathetic old man to monetize conflict. Note that he blames the media? ICMag is part of the media, although a sad little backwater compared to what it used to be.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Of course it's toxic - by design. Cynical attempt by a pathetic old man to monetize conflict. Note that he blames the media? ICMag is part of the media, although a sad little backwater compared to what it used to be.

you don't have to stay, you know. 4 posts? a real veteran, folks...

Dallas Conner

And, wondering who you were in past lives.....
You guys are paranoid. Yes, I was here 10 years before your account was created, yes I had thousands of posts. Doesn't mean I'm wrong and you guys know it's true. Used to be great site. A little searching on Youtube and you'll see how gentle I was. Anyway, just stopped by to make fun of those who think this matters at all. Nice to see this section has been left mostly to the low IQ loons (not saying that applies to anyone who responded to my post). Sad that you think there is something worth defending here and that it's worth more than the few seconds I spend here, every few months.

Carry on.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You guys are paranoid. Yes, I was here 10 years before your account was created, yes I had thousands of posts. Doesn't mean I'm wrong and you guys know it's true. Used to be great site. A little searching on Youtube and you'll see how gentle I was. Anyway, just stopped by to make fun of those who think this matters at all. Nice to see this section has been left mostly to the low IQ loons (not saying that applies to anyone who responded to my post). Sad that you think there is something worth defending here and that it's worth more than the few seconds I spend here, every few months.

Carry on.

bye...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahh - we look to have attained a sock - puppet to reinforce someone's view of the debate - how interesting -