What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

P.G’s new pad

Prodigygrower

Veteran
So I’m kinda worried about one of my pheno’s of Iraqi wedding I don’t like how light green she is at day 24 the other pheno is still the color I’d like the other to be. I was thinking I over vegged them but it could be a phosphorus deficiency starting. What do you guys think? They are 5 and half feet tall in 5 gallon buckets. I wish I would of used 8’s for all of them. I don’t think I’d of had this issue. All the sour, og, and chem stuff look amazing so healthy. Idk I feel like they are gonna finish pretty hard at this point kinda bums me out. Oh well lesson learned. First pic is the pheno that’s not showing any signs I thought i had a pic of the second but I have a leaf compression of the two. I’d definitely appreciate your guy’s thoughts.

Attachments

• 7BE0C02A-20A9-4F6C-9E7B-763B4AD44139.jpg
    7BE0C02A-20A9-4F6C-9E7B-763B4AD44139.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 0F880309-75CB-4D8F-AC03-04E72A469AD5.jpg
    0F880309-75CB-4D8F-AC03-04E72A469AD5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 26

Prodigygrower

Veteran
This girl is so hard to get a good picture of. She isn’t no IG photo queen for sure but her smell is all diesel fuel. I drive trucks for a living and it smells like it fueling up my dump truck when I give her a squeeze. I’ve never smoked real sour but she looks pretty sour to me and I’m thinking she will be done in the next 10 days or so. I’m nervous about pulling her to every thing I’ve ever heard about sour is if you pull her to early you fuck yourself. Any way here some flicks of this girl. Ogchem x costal collision f2 pheno 1.

Attachments

• 84C99A7D-37E9-4907-9948-5A5BABEC72BF.jpg
    84C99A7D-37E9-4907-9948-5A5BABEC72BF.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 27
  • A4814276-A7E1-4752-AE5C-D085BCF2E661.jpg
    A4814276-A7E1-4752-AE5C-D085BCF2E661.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 8F65540D-E263-406E-939B-395688DBBA8E.jpg
    8F65540D-E263-406E-939B-395688DBBA8E.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 26
  • D00EC193-0F0F-4662-84EA-21711D283947.jpg
    D00EC193-0F0F-4662-84EA-21711D283947.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 03F6DB2F-8B0D-4647-8D73-16F8CC2DAEFF.jpg
    03F6DB2F-8B0D-4647-8D73-16F8CC2DAEFF.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 30

Prodigygrower

Veteran
So a lil up date I use my recycled soil from my flower rooms for my moms and clones this with the tea I brew works great. My rapid roots I had bagged up grew mold of something on them so for the first time I used the recycled soil to start the seeds. I have never done this so I didn’t know if it would be to much for them. So like any soil question I reached out to the Hommie and asked his advise. He never steers me wrong. Thanks broski. Well it works great if you don’t let them dry out ?. I killed 2 91hw skunks and 2 lemon mochi I tossed 2 more of the 91 skunks directly in the dirt watered them in real good I think I’ll be fine. I also tossed 3 of my own seeds I made Iraqi wedding x Og chem collision. I’m really excited to see what comes of these because these are hands down two of the strongest strains I’ve ever tried. I got all nostalgic and shit when I was popping them just remembering all the truly special herb made by the community here. So many bad ass strains have been found in small hunts throughout the years idk it just got me all excited and shit lol.

the flower room is bumping I had to cull my tk x sfvbanger she’s the one who threw pollen last time not a lot but with 6 of them in there I see at least 100 s1’s and tk x sfv banger crosses coming at the end of this run. Oh well I’ll keep them who knows what you could find in those at some point. This run from clone is definitely helping me narrow down what I will run and keep. All 4 pheno’s of the Og chem are worth keeping in their own right. I’ll prolly only keep 3 and 4 but will use all 4 pheno’s to make f2’s so I have lots of variety in the offspring to hunt through. This line is pure power across the board and I don’t want to loose it. This is what gets me jacked I love strong gassy Og chem chronic and these are exactly that. Thanks again to melty these are special for sure.

Any way here are some pics the seeds and my Iraqi wedding. I’m really proud of this run with her. Two years I’ve been running this girl. She is strong pain reliving munchie inducing herb. Great structure decent production for a wedding cake cross and done in 8 weeks flat. She is all around a good plant and one that I will keep for years to come.I think this will be the best run I have had with her. Here she is at 32 days untopped in 7 gallons of phillthy mix with dank franks basic amendment recipe she is crushing right now. So healthy. Any way I hope all is well with you guys lots of things coming in the future.

God I just re read this. I apologize for my horrible grammar and punctuation. I’m torched and way to tired to go back and edit it all. Sorry guys lol.

Attachments

• D3DA2F3A-A5A1-45B4-A2A8-C0A9BFCA1C42.jpg
    D3DA2F3A-A5A1-45B4-A2A8-C0A9BFCA1C42.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 28
  • 7D085031-27F8-4E00-8E10-43B5FE999CCA.jpg
    7D085031-27F8-4E00-8E10-43B5FE999CCA.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 80EFC737-1221-4D9A-869E-B6581759E0AE.jpg
    80EFC737-1221-4D9A-869E-B6581759E0AE.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20539743-2BC1-48C8-BA90-DBB8B1BCC391.jpg
    20539743-2BC1-48C8-BA90-DBB8B1BCC391.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 25
  • D085459B-15EB-44A9-8934-AA27F49E6426.jpg
    D085459B-15EB-44A9-8934-AA27F49E6426.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 27

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking good in here. That Iraqi Wedding looks great and in an 8 week package too? Gotta like that.

Did you get any feedback on the early yellowing? I run into that sometimes too and I use a Coots/StankBros kind of hybrid mix. I only see this in smaller pots. Same mix, even recycled, didn't show in a large tote SIP.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Looking good in here. That Iraqi Wedding looks great and in an 8 week package too? Gotta like that.

Did you get any feedback on the early yellowing? I run into that sometimes too and I use a Coots/StankBros kind of hybrid mix. I only see this in smaller pots. Same mix, even recycled, didn't show in a large tote SIP.

Hey B the Iraqi is a special plant the only thing I held on to out of the 40 seeds I popped. when I started back up two years ago.

I did have issues like you with the yellowing out in smaller pots. Now I’m no soil expert in fact I only started growing in soil when i started back back two years ago. Coco was alwasy my thing prior. At first I thought my problem was I wasn’t letting the mix cook long enough or I wasn’t mixing my batches as well as I should of. I talked to a friend who uses a similar mix and he doesn’t let his soil cook just mixes and plants and has no issues. My problem I believe was one getting my wet and dry cycles down correctly. As well as plant size to pot size. I believe my girls were getting root bound. I don’t mind them finishing a lil hard in flower I found it tends to be a cleaner smoother finished product. I don’t like seeing those things in week 4 of flower though and I have had that problem in the past.

You saying that definitely helps confirm these believes. If you had issues with them in smaller buckets and now you have no problems in your sip totes. Those totes have a Rez basically in the bottom correct and the soil and plant absorb water as needed? That would definitely eliminate any problems you have with your drying off cycles which I have seen can definitely cause lock outs and deficiencies to come on. Then with them being in the totes I would imagine becoming root bound is also a non issue.

It’s definitely been a learning curve the last couple of years and at times I’ve thought fuck this I’m going back to coco. Then I smoke a joint of this organic herb and I’m like oh yea this is why I’m sticking with this. I’ve never before been able to smoke half a joint put it out let someone re light it who has never tried my herb and every time someone tries it like this. The look on their face is priceless. Then they say damn this tastes fire and all I think in my mind is bro that’s a roach basically lol. Hands down the cleanest best tasting product I have ever grown.

Bmac1

Veteran
I am definitely leaning towards it being a PH issue resulting from the wet/dry cycles. It's tough in the smaller pots and hand watering. Sometimes a plant is dry every morning, sometimes its every other day.

The SIP, you are correct in that it is wicking from a reservoir and keeping better moisture levels.

Beds and blumats are the direction I want to move in.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I am definitely leaning towards it being a PH issue resulting from the wet/dry cycles. It's tough in the smaller pots and hand watering. Sometimes a plant is dry every morning, sometimes its every other day.

The SIP, you are correct in that it is wicking from a reservoir and keeping better moisture levels.

Beds and blumats are the direction I want to move in.

Absolutely the thing with me is every garden I have had since I started back growing I have had a partner whom has never grown anything before. Hence why a water only method was so appealingly to me. It’s hard to fuck up just adding water. That being said like you stated if your not on top of your watering in smaller pots or any size for that matter you get those ph swings. I think it’s funny the plants don’t lie people do lol . I know when things are not being done the way I want them and getting people who have never grown to understand the importance of these little yet crucial things have been challenging for me. I take for granted the time I’ve put into this hobby of ours. There is no substitute for hands on experience. I definitely feel automation is the way to go but it’s hard to dial things in that way when your growing multiple strains in the same room. I guess running beds might make that easier. I love the idea of running beds and will definitely venture that direction at some point. Next round I’ll be upgrading a couple lights will have more space and only will run one or two strains at a time. I’ll have 2 3k lanes so one strain per lane. When this happens I hope to be able to use a automated water system of some kind. But until then it’s hand watering for me as well.

thailer

with the blumats and sips, if one strain is sucking up water faster than another strain, it will water the faster strain as fast as it drinks while only watering the slow strain when it needs it. the blumats measure using the soil's water potential so it can water all phases of plant growth spurts. this also means you can dial in how wet or dry you want it to be. SIPs will water any plant in any stage of growth to just like the blumats, but you can't adjust the amount of water the soil holds without some major redesign. so you can put multiple strains with different watering needs on a single system and each plant will get the right amount of water. so you can hook up small pots and big pots on the same water line and all plants will be happy with both blumat and SIPs.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Here is a few flicks from day 1 of flower mostly Iraqi wedding this run with some testers and a few of my ogchem collision #1 cut.

Attachments

• photo2025382.jpg
    photo2025382.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2025383.jpg
    photo2025383.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 23

Prodigygrower

Veteran
photo2025439.jpg
That single picture is my Iraqi wedding keeper. It’s basically a pheno show down. 21 of pheno 2 on the left. 16 pheno1 on the right and 5 of the ogchem collision as well. Actually being able to see a larger pool of the pheno’s side by side have made a this a no brainer on which to keep. I also have 2 karmas lemon mochi pheno’s, 3 sour biscotti, a Iraqi wedding x ogchem collision , a 91 Hollywood pk x cry baby skunk, a fatso x animal and a cherry pie x animal. Oh and a extra pheno 1 and 4 of the ogchem collision to make f2’s. The first 5 in this pic are the ogchem cc’s

Attachments

• attach17791116.jpg
    attach17791116.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: