What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2020

T

TakenByTheSky

I'm familiar with Gene Traders. Been to several. Best to deal with people you know.

I have no complaints no bugs and I got a very healthy plant that was about 12" tall. I took a semi break from growing for a few years so I don't really have any connections to clones any more so this is a decent option. I bought some GG4, from the first GT show and that experience wasn't so great, the cuts barely had roots and almost didn't survive the ride home.

yardgrazer

I half thought about getting some clones off IG, but I wasn't that keen on the offerings (trendy stuff, clones were ostensibly from mothers the guy had bought as clones) and I wasn't really feeling all that trusting reckoning it isn't hard to gin up some fake positive reviews.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yeah, It's a jungle out there. One of our ICMag buds (his kid) bought clones at gene traders and they were cuts stuck in soil. All died. Others had bugs or bogus cuts.

T

TakenByTheSky

That sucks but that's why you have to be an educated buyer. Most of the stuff from seed I'd pass on. I got my stardawg from like appleguy clones, no bugs and it was a very healthy plant, can't even call it a clone really. they had sample buds of everything they were selling. I saw the sample bud of Cory and it seemed legit. I grow a lot of stuff from seed so the only time I'm interested in clones is if it's some old elite.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's time to make the decision. What to grow this year.
Any input?

Deffinately these.

Chunky’s Scout Breath
People’s Wedding Cake x 4DD
Peoples OGKB x 4DD
My Strains Zeezide
G Glue 4

Gotta pick a few out of here.
I've got more but these are the finalists.

Lemonhoko Chem DD F3
Melting Pot Sour SFV F2
CSI Humboldt Girlscout Cookies S1
Chunky’s Forum Breath
People’s (Heirloom Orange x OGKB) x 4DD
People’s Irene Kush x 4DD
World of Seeds Afghan Kush
Humboldt Zkttles S1
Humboldt Babu (Katsu Bubba Kush x Bubba Kush)
Humboldt Girlscout Cookies S1
Katsu Bubba’s Breath (OGKB x P98 Bubba)
Katsu Xanadu (Bandaid Haze #7 x P98)
Mykotek Gucci Berries (OGKB x Honeymooners)
picture.php

kritios

Zeez, I've no experience with any of those, or I would gladly weigh in.

Anyone know if Blueberry does well outdoors?

I read on another site that it's great outside, sometimes needs some pruning. For whatever that's worth.:)

Looking over my notes, I started seeds on 4/12 last year. I think I put them out a month or so later. In retrospect, that was probably too early: we had a wet May and the plants struggled for a while after I put them out.

It seems like it's almost time to start popping seeds. Anybody cracking seeds yet?

p0opstlnksal0t

It's time to make the decision. What to grow this year.
Any input?

Deffinately these.

Chunky’s Scout Breath
People’s Wedding Cake x 4DD
Peoples OGKB x 4DD
My Strains Zeezide
G Glue 4

Gotta pick a few out of here.
I've got more but these are the finalists.

Lemonhoko Chem DD F3
Melting Pot Sour SFV F2
CSI Humboldt Girlscout Cookies S1
Chunky’s Forum Breath
People’s (Heirloom Orange x OGKB) x 4DD
People’s Irene Kush x 4DD
Humboldt Zkttles S1
Humboldt Babu (Katsu Bubba Kush x Bubba Kush)
Humboldt Girlscout Cookies S1
Katsu Bubba’s Breath (OGKB x P98 Bubba)
Katsu Xanadu (Bandaid Haze #7 x P98)
Mykotek Gucci Berries (OGKB x Honeymooners)
View Image

Are you up in New England? If so I'd select the fastest finishing strains you can for an outdoor grow up here. I've done real well with these clone only cuts: gg4, chem 4, chem 91, ogkb 2.0, dosidos, loompas headband, sunset sherbert. These all seem to be strains that can be pulled at 8nto 9 weeks. If we're lucky we will get a full 8 or 9 weeks of flowering here in southern Maine. Last year I used a leaf blower to help blown off moisture from colas every morning in the last 2 weeks. Longer finishing strains do bad, think gmo cookies or ghost train haze

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Are you up in New England? If so I'd select the fastest finishing strains you can for an outdoor grow up here. I've done real well with these clone only cuts: gg4, chem 4, chem 91, ogkb 2.0, dosidos, loompas headband, sunset sherbert. These all seem to be strains that can be pulled at 8nto 9 weeks. If we're lucky we will get a full 8 or 9 weeks of flowering here in southern Maine. Last year I used a leaf blower to help blown off moisture from colas every morning in the last 2 weeks. Longer finishing strains do bad, think gmo cookies or ghost train haze

I'm in Cape Cod and have a hoop house. I grew a few of those strains in the past and they were good. You're right about the long finishing ones too. I grew a haze mix last year that didn't turn out great. A big part of that might have been growing it on advice I got from a mr knowitall who turned out to be a bullshitter.

I saw a few places in Maine doing big clone biz. Are only of them decent?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have no complaints no bugs and I got a very healthy plant that was about 12" tall. I took a semi break from growing for a few years so I don't really have any connections to clones any more so this is a decent option. I bought some GG4, from the first GT show and that experience wasn't so great, the cuts barely had roots and almost didn't survive the ride home.
Was it the GT out in the farmers field? I grabbed 2x GG4 from that one, but nothing else at the event looked very interesting. Both my GG were rooted very well, but holy crap there was a whole table that was nothing but unrooted cuts.

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm in Cape Cod and have a hoop house. I grew a few of those strains in the past and they were good. You're right about the long finishing ones too. I grew a haze mix last year that didn't turn out great. A big part of that might have been growing it on advice I got from a mr knowitall who turned out to be a bullshitter.

I saw a few places in Maine doing big clone biz. Are only of them decent?

I've never tried.any of these clone sellers up here I only deal with friends I trust to get clones. There's a lot of quick.finishers like green crack that also do great outdoors up here. Youve got a hoop house.so you can extend your flowering quite a bit.

T

TakenByTheSky

Was it the GT out in the farmers field? I grabbed 2x GG4 from that one, but nothing else at the event looked very interesting. Both my GG were rooted very well, but holy crap there was a whole table that was nothing but unrooted cuts.

No it was the very first Gene traders at the motorcycle club. Someone had trays full of gg4 and a few others that barely had a root Poppin on any of them. I was just excited to be there and have the
opportunity to buy clones like that I snatched them up. My life hit the shitter for a short bit, never even got to flower the GG's out had to Chuck em.

I don't want to side track zeezs thread with shit about Gene traders or clone buying.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
No, It's cool. It's not really my thread. This is an every year kind of thread for Mass growers and interested outsiders and neighbors to shoot the shit. I've just been blabbing allot lately.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
No it was the very first Gene traders at the motorcycle club. Someone had trays full of gg4 and a few others that barely had a root Poppin on any of them. I was just excited to be there and have the
opportunity to buy clones like that I snatched them up. My life hit the shitter for a short bit, never even got to flower the GG's out had to Chuck em.

I don't want to side track zeezs thread with shit about Gene traders or clone buying.
Oh I can side track it, he's a friend :laughing::biggrin: But yeah if you end up needing the GG#4 again and are near western mass just lemme know bro. :tiphat:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Anyone in central Ma. Know a good place to source quality organic soil amendments? Like 50 pound bags of kelp meal, fish bone meal, high quality worm castings? Just hunting for things and the internet isn't helping :tiphat:

Green Squall

Anyone in central Ma. Know a good place to source quality organic soil amendments? Like 50 pound bags of kelp meal, fish bone meal, high quality worm castings? Just hunting for things and the internet isn't helping :tiphat:

Neptune's Harvest in Eastern Mass has a 50lb bag of kelp meal and offer free shipping. They have lobster/crab shell as well, but I guess you're specifically looking for bone?

T

TakenByTheSky

I got my ass whooped with powdery mildew last year and the year before that was awful with end of season rain, I think I'm going to sit this season out. P00p, it's a little cold at the moment, the few years I've done outdoor here in MA I didn't put plants out until memorial day weekend, but you could even gonna little later like early June. At that point the weather is warm and enough and the days are long enough to keep plants from going into flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts