What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best knock your ass out strain for sleep?

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have trouble sleeping. I have been making dry sift and pressing it. Then I eat a three gram chunk at night. It works but my hybrid an Sat Dom strains make me take such I high dose I get half psychedelic thoughts before I fall asleep and a groggy feeling with a hang over headache in the morning. I can only do that when I work late.

I have a lot of seeds from bog and other indica's. I was wanting others opinions on what works for them.

Ideas?

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
grow some indica dominant plants and let them go really late, so when ya think thewy are done , leave them another 2, 3 weeks, should do the trick. the most sleepy weed ive ever seen was some cherry pie left on the plant outdoors till first week in november(cali od lowers), the herb turned almost black , the herb changed to serious knocvkout sleepy herb, not much high but the shit made me sleep so good .it showed me how ya can make same plant give ya different herb by harvesting at different times. lol last harvest i had mostly clear trichs and my edibles made me trip pretty good , hearing shit while i was laying in bed ha ha good luck bro , i use beer to sleep btw it works, makes ya fat and expensive

GoatCheese

Veteran
Not a "knock out" but the best stoney sleep meds i've had is CBD Critical Cure from Barney's. It seems to have alot of myrcene in it which is the stuff that will make you sleepy.
..once i fall asleep after smoking some of this (and possibly some THC-only weed) CBD critical Cure seems to keep me deep in sleep, much better than pharma-drugs.

The seeds are fairly cheap too.

CBD Cure has also fair good amount of THC thou it is a CBD-rich strain, so it will get you stoned if you smoke enough of it, Seen few tests showing it having 7-10% THC many times and my keeper is one of those but it's also very rich in CBD
.. but you can also mix some THC-only weed to go with it to make it hit harder. The effect is really nice with the CBD in the smoke, it's somewhat similar to smoking import hash, very "kind" and comfortable effect.

But for sleepy weed in general, you want the myrcene-rich indica stuff that is harveseted late enough = 50% amber trics. Check out some of the weed lab results you can find on the web, many of those list terpene %s also, so you'll get know which strains are myrcene-rich

Critical Mass and -hybrids seem to have good amount of myrcene in them. Critical Kush (CMass x OG Kush) seems to be really potent with 25% THC on many plants, but i have never smoked it personally.

Hope you'll find something that works.

Hemphill

Purple Kush would put me to sleep in 15min.La Confidential would do the same but,I could fight it.Not sure where the PK came from.Ultimately, you need to search thru 100% indicas and find the one that works best for your body chemistry.

XXX og , kosher kush, or a heavy pink x ecsd type hybrid left alil past normal harvest like my friend in a previous post said!

JimmyToucan

i'll second what was said earlier in the thread; in general a heavy indica that's been allowed to ripen a bit longer than you might usually let them go. as for specific cultivars what might do the trick for you doesn't work for all. personally i've taken some kush varieties (bubba, purple) to about 65-70 days and it's lights out. good luck in your search.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Thanks for the replies. I am taking Down glue and sour d today , I'm going to leave a few dominant branches and ripen them to past amber, 95 days or so on the sour and 77 on the glue and see if that helps with those two until I pop some pure indica seeds. I'm know it will.

seeded

I've found that if I concentrate an already sleepy strain the high becomes much more intense while usually only increasing in sleepiness a little while the opposite is true by downgrading to leaf. If I have leaf the high is lessened and the sleepiness greatly increases and that's rung true for every strain I've consumed.

Letting your plants go an extra couple of weeks is great advice for any grower but personally I'd just recommend swapping the hash out for a bunch of trim, stop smoking an hour or so before bed time and then hitting the sack as you're starting to come down.

JACKBAYBEH

Herijuana is what I would recommend. Go one toke over the line with her and it's night night time. No fighting it. Wake up in a puddle of drool. :biggrin:

Best knockout strain is hands down : Sandman some crazy frosty indica i would get in venice beadh on abbot kinney at a place called the farmacy. i think its a cross between anestesia from pyramid seeds ans blueberry by dj short. Never could get the folks at the farmacy to sell me a clone .. fucken a that was strong shit . You couldnt drink alcohol and then smoke this strain because you would get dizzy like a lightweight noob wanting to puke having to a put a food on the floor to sleep and not puke. Should try to make that cross matter of fact:tiphat: