What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stealth GROW BOX BUILD w/ 200 Watt Vero29 V7 from timber grow lights

DC_GROWZ

Whats up everyone? This is my first post ...so ill try and make it a good one. I started building a stealth grow cabinet for personal use. Follow along as i piece this thing together! All advice is appreciated! Always looking to learn!

The cabinet is 16" D X 42" H x 48"W with a grow area of 12"D x 40.5" H x 36" W. doesnt look great right now but ill be putting a lot of work in this week!

picture.php

picture.php

LIGHTING:
Ill be using a Timber Grow Lights 200 Watt Vero29 V7 Linear Framework. Just ordered the other day so it hasnt arrived yet.

(picture taken from site)
picture.php

COOLING / SMELL
For my cooling setup ill be using an active air 4" duct fan with a 4" vivosun duct muffler. I'll also be using a 4" x 6" Phresh filter with a ventech fan speed controller. i picked up a small can of clear Flex Seal to add a thin coat to all connecting ends to help reduce noise.

picture.php

Ill be using this Airplate T-series cabinet fan system with thermostat control to bring fresh air into my cabinet.

picture.php

Ill be updating this frequently so check back! Any advice / opinions is very appreciated! Thanks!

DC_GROWZ

Alright....so ive got a bit more headroom for my fan / carbon filter than i originaly thought. From the tip of my fan to the ceiling of my grow box is 18". I originaly purchased a 4"x6" Phresh Filter. Would it make a difference if i used a longer carbon filter? lets say a 4"x 12" filter? or would it be pointless? any advice would be very appreciated. Heres a couple pics for ya! thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

iBogart

Veteran
You're pics ain't uploading man.

You got a 4 by 8 phresh filter btw. Probably won't make a difference in your set up to go four inches bigger on the filter. That decision really rests on grow area and cfm of your fan to properly match your filter.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Your pictures are not visible. Edit your album to be "public" and we will be able to see your pictures.

Sounds like a nice build. Sounds a lot like my first cab build. You can check it out here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=309031

That LED is pretty bright for that small of an area. Does it have a dimmer? Might be useful to turn it down for smaller plants etc.

That 4" Active Air is a decent fan and will be more than enough to keep the cabinet cool. And if you can fit the 4x12 filter, I would go with it. It will last longer being oversized. The fan can handle it, been running that combo for almost two years now. I run my fan on a custom thermostat and use passive intakes.

DC_GROWZ

I think i fixed it....hopefully that helped. Thanks for the help! As for the light... i talked with Dan from Timber growlights and he said the light should be ok with my setup. The light does come with a dimmer so thats great.

DC_GROWZ

Ill be posting up some more build pics very soon. Hopefully getting the painting and sanding done by the end of the week!

DC_GROWZ

sorry guys been really busy. ill be sure to keep this updated more often from here on out. My light arrived!!! looks awesome cant wait to try this out!

picture.php

I also got a bit more of the cab finished. Still need to touch up some paint and what not. Ive got the inside sealed, and some legs put on. still looking very rough...but its slowly coming along.

picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
That light is going to work perfect for that space. The cabinet is looking nice so far. Keep taking your time to do it right, it will be worth it in the end. :good:

GumbyBuds

Hi there,

I have to say I love the size, concept of it. I have to move soon and the stealth cabinet just seems the way to go because I can't count on a new grow area. I would have to mount all displays and controls on the side to keep questioning and curiosity at bay, unless I made it into an Entertainment chest and had a decoy speaker cover in a few places or something along the lines. I'm a long time reader of many different communities, and everyone at IC constantly amaze me with their creativity, craftsmanship, and ingenuity. I can't wait to see where this goes, I have a pretty good idea but am looking forward to seeing the progress.

Anyone ever use cedar? Seems like it would make an amazing building material, anyone know the cons, beside cost that is.

R

Rageous8899

You will dig that light bruh. And yes a dimmer would be ideal especially during the veg phase.Keep us posted on your results. How hard are they driving those veros? (The specs of the driver timber puts on them?)

Robbie vapez

That carbon filter is designed as to filter I take air or as the website said it can be used for light duty exhaust. I was going to buy some for my area but went hepa instead. My only concern would be how long it lasts as I have a feeling there is not as much carbon in there. Rest of the box looks good

q3corn

I have the 400watt version of that Vero setup from Timber, and I love it! It's actually a little too powerful for my 3x3 space unless I have it almost 2' away from my canopy. I'm wondering if you'll ever have it up above ~150watts, and if the heat ends up being a problem. Those Vero COBs are definitely toasty when they get full power.

Really nice build quality on the cabinet. I love it!

Latest posts

Latest posts