What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's talk about Northern Lights!

Jhhnn

Veteran
G `day GC

From a conversation with NL Greg .
He sent NL seeds to Ha , his buddy crossed them with a local strain . Sent seeds of the cross back . NL Greg said he then Bx d . That was his perso NL #5 .

He took the NL# 5 clone to Holland in a terrarium with its serrations of the leaves trimmed off .
That may be the reason Nevil couldn`t find better in the NL#5 stock . He didn`t have the Bx that NL Greg had but a gen before the Bx .

NL Greg then dropped off the scene and Nevil took a trip to the PNW to collect more NL .
NL Crew were underground and uncontactable so Nevil was introduced to the "Indian " a guy who had a son in the US Armed Forces . The NL Crew helped him out . With clones and grow equipment .

He was not part of the breeding programme . And Nevil could not get seeds that surpassed the NL , that NL Greg had already supplied him .

He came home with Big Bud , Hash Plant and G13 instead .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Which was all long ago. NL has obviously been worked by a lot of different people since then.

I have some of Nirvana's fem version soaking now, mostly for a few outdoor gardener friends. I picked it because it's supposedly low odor. Stealth isn't really stealthy if passersby can smell the stuff... We'll see how it goes.

Happy Times

I got some beans of Nirvana NL recently too, for the low odor aspect. A few Blue Mystic also. Normally love the stinkiest possible but that's not a good idea in the outdoor spot where I'm at.

angelgoob

did anybody elses taste piney and coffee like?

It's like the sweet coffee scent with pine.

Good to know they are low odor. Now we need webbed plants.

GoatCheese

Veteran
did anybody elses taste piney and coffee like?

It's like the sweet coffee scent with pine.

Good to know they are low odor. Now we need webbed plants.
NL5 from BCSC has some piney phenos in the line, thou i have only grown a F1 hybrid of it

Nadrzajda

Thanks for topic, i am about selecting a mother from Mr. Nices NL5 x Afghani and i consider this informations as very usefull, thank you!!!!

Bud_Man10

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hey all

First five pics are SSSC NL (not sure of it's #), cut is still going around my neck of the woods after nearly a quarter century. Dank as dank can get!!!...low odour...I think not, straight up skunky cat piss!!! I love everything about her, fantastic plant! Unmistakable taste and high, still one of my favourites of all time!!!

The last two are a very sativa leaning (foxtails and all) Dr. Atomic NL5...no comparison whatsoever, low odour, very bland smoke.

Peace
BM
[/FONT]

Attachments

• P1010084.jpg
    P1010084.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010071.jpg
    P1010071.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 30
  • P1010090.jpg
    P1010090.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010093.jpg
    P1010093.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 29
  • P1010073.jpg
    P1010073.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010154.jpg
    P1010154.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010156.jpg
    P1010156.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 27

Land

NL #5

NL #5

Outdoors in New England. This bud smelled like apple crisp when it was cured.

angelgoob

just tried Northern lights auto from crop king.

yea. they're not the greatest company but the bud was good.

If I were younger I woulda laughed.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi everyone, can anyone give me information about northern lights special from kcbrain? I saw in the photos on Instagram that has very slender leaves, more sativa ...
Every info is welcome.... :)

Moxa stick

I tried KC's version late last century and found it to be very indica in nature for being crossed with a haze?, short stature, large thick buds, and similar in high to most NL. I did cross it with a Homegrown Fantaseeds Durban Poison acquired in Amsterdam and found it to be a sturdy and quick...truly nice cross.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hey all

First five pics are SSSC NL (not sure of it's #), cut is still going around my neck of the woods after nearly a quarter century. Dank as dank can get!!!...low odour...I think not, straight up skunky cat piss!!! I love everything about her, fantastic plant! Unmistakable taste and high, still one of my favourites of all time!!!

The last two are a very sativa leaning (foxtails and all) Dr. Atomic NL5...no comparison whatsoever, low odour, very bland smoke.

Peace
BM
[/FONT]

G `day BM10

I suspect that cut is NL / SK .
Didn`t see straight NL or SK in the catalog .

So the SSSC had access to NL and SK but only sold hybrids . Then Nevil came along and started selling the pure lines .
His breeders / suppliers were pissed .

Sk Man and NL Greg both withdrew support .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hi everyone, can anyone give me information about northern lights special from kcbrain? I saw in the photos on Instagram that has very slender leaves, more sativa ...
Every info is welcome.... :)

G `day WD

NL #s ranged from Indica x Indica #1 to higher #s Indica x Indian / Thai / Colombian etc

NL #2 was a Kush type x the Afghan . NL#5 was Affie x Hawaiian .

Thanks for sharin

EB .