What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

LostTribe

Premium user
This is not on here so here we go. Having researched the use of RSO I find it interesting but wondering if anyone is worried about the use of white gas as the solvent?

Is anyone using other concentrates and what is the difference in taking each and its effects?

I have read that many speak about the rso due to it being extremely potent but it is washed for several minutes in the solvent and that in itself is known to pull out many other chemicals into the mixture.

Are people using wax, shadder, qwiso, bubble as well? In what matter?

Chonkski

For the few donations that I have given away, it has been 270 x 333mg capsules. A capsule for the morning, afternoon, and evening for 90 days.

I hope to hear back results soon. I just sent out two of these treatments, I will share on this thread and others.

The capsules are made with decarbed BHO winterized with ethanol, and coconut oil.

LostTribe

Premium user
For the few donations that I have given away, it has been 270 x 333mg capsules. A capsule for the morning, afternoon, and evening for 90 days.

I hope to hear back results soon. I just sent out two of these treatments, I will share on this thread and others.

The capsules are made with decarbed BHO winterized with ethanol, and coconut oil.

Chonkski I am sure we all thank you for your work. Please let us know what treatment entails. Types of sickness and dosages.

montroller

We have given away capsules to 3 people suffering from different types of cancer, at their request.

For the 2 people who never used marijuana prior we made the capsules 75 MG and told them to take as many as they were comfortable with daily. They both said they felt immediate relief and one of them even lessened his intake of narcotic pain meds. Unfortunately they are both no longer with us. I don't think the capsules really did anything except ease their pain at the end.

The other guy was already a daily smoker. He has about a million different conditions with skin cancer being the most serious. We give him capsules that are 5 times as strong because the 75 MG wasn't doing anything for him. This guy is truly amazing, even with the doctors telling him he is basically wasting away he is still active and has an extremely positive outlook on his future. It wouldn't surprise me if he outlived all of us lol.

I recently had another friend ask if I could make capsules for his relative but honestly I have never really felt comfortable letting people choose this treatment unless their doctor knows 100% and is on board with it. I wish there was more information on the subject but everything I have read talks mainly about the therapeutic uses of terpenes with little mention of how THC plays a roll.

pusbag

HSO

HSO

You should try some holy shit oil. My last batch tested at 5ppm of tane so if thats your concern if made properly theres next to nothing in the end product.

LostTribe

Premium user
We have given away capsules to 3 people suffering from different types of cancer, at their request.

For the 2 people who never used marijuana prior we made the capsules 75 MG and told them to take as many as they were comfortable with daily. They both said they felt immediate relief and one of them even lessened his intake of narcotic pain meds. Unfortunately they are both no longer with us. I don't think the capsules really did anything except ease their pain at the end.

The other guy was already a daily smoker. He has about a million different conditions with skin cancer being the most serious. We give him capsules that are 5 times as strong because the 75 MG wasn't doing anything for him. This guy is truly amazing, even with the doctors telling him he is basically wasting away he is still active and has an extremely positive outlook on his future. It wouldn't surprise me if he outlived all of us lol.

I recently had another friend ask if I could make capsules for his relative but honestly I have never really felt comfortable letting people choose this treatment unless their doctor knows 100% and is on board with it. I wish there was more information on the subject but everything I have read talks mainly about the therapeutic uses of terpenes with little mention of how THC plays a roll.

What type of oil was used?

montroller

What type of oil was used?

We used BHO made from organic outdoor trim. It was decarboxylated in vacuum and winterized with ethanol before we made the capsules with coconut oil.

Those MG are almost definitely lower than what actually went in. We based it off the original BHO test results of 75% THC and did 1 gram per 10 capsules. After winterizing we never tested so it was probably actually higher than 75.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is not on here so here we go. Having researched the use of RSO I find it interesting but wondering if anyone is worried about the use of white gas as the solvent?

Is anyone using other concentrates and what is the difference in taking each and its effects?

I have read that many speak about the rso due to it being extremely potent but it is washed for several minutes in the solvent and that in itself is known to pull out many other chemicals into the mixture.

I worry about brothers and sisters using naphtha to exctract their meds with, and use BHO or Ethanol instead.

We've supplied oil made from one or the other to patients since 2007, with some remarkable successes, and some sad losses.

The terpenes, including the di terpene cannabinoids, are where the targeted elements are and they are all both fully butane and ethanol soluble.

Both BHO and QWET are both easier to purge than naphtha, and neither contain the carcinogen benzene, which light naphtha often does.

Chonkski

i will have more information on the details of what the treatments are for when I am able to speak to the patients myself. Right now I kind of have no choice but to work as somewhat of a middle man. And so I send them where is needed when I can.

I agree when it comes to giving the patient small dosages to start with. I usually send them around 50 of the 50mg caps to work their way up.

I am not an expert, but I am still young and hope to some day say that I am an expert.

Right now I just want to help where I can, and sharing all the information I gain is achieving part of that goal

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as dosage, while I don't support Ricks use of Varnish & Paint Makers (VPM) naphtha to extract pharmaceuticals, we have more or less followed his guidelines of getting the patients up to a gram a day, but there are some differences.

Naphtha also extracts non polar plant waxes, which RSO oil leaves in, and rice cooker purging leaves residual hydrocarbons behind above the 5000 ppm maximum allowed by FDA.

We on the other hand, remove the plant waxes and solvents above 50 ppm, to produce a more concentrated Absolute for our Holy Shit. Depending on the strain and whether it was grown outdoors or indoors, wax content can vary considerably from around our 8% average on our indoor, to around 20% on some outdoor strains extracted at ambient temperatures, and using long soaks for maximum yield.

Any hoo, while the RSO cure is based on 90 days, and we've seen miraculous things in way less time, we've also supplied patients a gram a day for over a year, who were showing steady improvement from things like final stage Hep C, at which point they took over making their own and now half a decade later have normal liver function.

Our Alzheimers patient was up to as much as three or four grams a day to function as normally as she was able to, but she lived another 4 1/2 years, when her prognosis when she started was less than 90 days.

While a standard dose for an average tolerance patient for HS is around 100 mg, some ultra low tolerance people can be totally discombobulated by 25 mg, so that is always our starting dosage to determine the titration starting point.

You can also add 3X the concentrate dosage in Citicolene, so that the THC effects are mollified and higher dosages can be tolerated.

Higher CBD content, in relationship to the THC, also helps mitigate its effects.

LostTribe

Premium user
As far as dosage, while I don't support Ricks use of Varnish & Paint Makers (VPM) naphtha to extract pharmaceuticals, we have more or less followed his guidelines of getting the patients up to a gram a day, but there are some differences.

Naphtha also extracts non polar plant waxes, which RSO oil leaves in, and rice cooker purging leaves residual hydrocarbons behind above the 5000 ppm maximum allowed by FDA.

We on the other hand, remove the plant waxes and solvents above 50 ppm, to produce a more concentrated Absolute for our Holy Shit. Depending on the strain and whether it was grown outdoors or indoors, wax content can vary considerably from around our 8% average on our indoor, to around 20% on some outdoor strains extracted at ambient temperatures, and using long soaks for maximum yield.

Any hoo, while the RSO cure is based on 90 days, and we've seen miraculous things in way less time, we've also supplied patients a gram a day for over a year, who were showing steady improvement from things like final stage Hep C, at which point they took over making their own and now half a decade later have normal liver function.

Our Alzheimers patient was up to as much as three or four grams a day to function as normally as she was able to, but she lived another 4 1/2 years, when her prognosis when she started was less than 90 days.

While a standard dose for an average tolerance patient for HS is around 100 mg, some ultra low tolerance people can be totally discombobulated by 25 mg, so that is always our starting dosage to determine the titration starting point.

You can also add 3X the concentrate dosage in Citicolene, so that the THC effects are mollified and higher dosages can be tolerated.

Higher CBD content, in relationship to the THC, also helps mitigate its effects.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge Gray Wolf.

What do you start with I was checking out your thread on the holy anointing oil it is very in depth and very informative.

How is 91% iso comparatively to bho and other choices?

I have to agree on the RSO using Naptha as the solvent to produce with. Hard for me to imagine ingesting that, but at least seems to work for some folks that have tried it with success. Rick did state that he was trying to make it easy for anyone to make.

I tend to think that the less harmful ingredients will lead to a safer product for sure!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you for sharing your knowledge Gray Wolf.

What do you start with I was checking out your thread on the holy anointing oil it is very in depth and very informative.

How is 91% iso comparatively to bho and other choices?

I have to agree on the RSO using Naptha as the solvent to produce with. Hard for me to imagine ingesting that, but at least seems to work for some folks that have tried it with success. Rick did state that he was trying to make it easy for anyone to make.

I tend to think that the less harmful ingredients will lead to a safer product for sure!

You can do an effective extraction job with a variety of solvents.

Because of the infighting about which process is best, I split up a sample of Blue Dream and extracted discrete lots with Naphtha, Hexane, n-Butane, 95.6% EtOH, and 99% Iso.

I then ran them through our gas chromatograph and the cannabinoid profiles were all within the central scatter of one another and within the error of my GC process.

I use BHO and QWET, because butane is easiest to purge, with the least monoterpene loss, and food grade EtOH purges aren't as critical as Iso, nor does the thought alarm our patients as much.

Rick did and said a lot of things right, and some I disagree with.

He did state that he picked varnish and paint makers Naphtha and Isopropyl, because they were readily available to everyone, and his rice cooker process, cause anyone could do it, and I agree that when your back is against the wall, that you do what you must do.

When there are choices, I prefer to err on the side of caution, especially when some of the choices are not just toxic, but carcinogens.

Rick's observation that the carcinogens are mixed with a powerful anti cancer cannabis cocktail, is true, but the powerful mix without the carcinogen would ostensibly be preferable, given the choice.

His rice cooker purge also leaves residual hydrocarbons above the FDA pharma standards for even class three solvents, and his argument that the residual hydrocarbons tie up the liver processing them, so the cannabinoids are in our system longer, is no doubt also true.

We have however elected to use coconut oil for that same purpose, given the choice.

Rick brought much light on the subject and ran with the ball during tough times, so we owe him a debt of gratitude, whether we buy into all of his ideas or not.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey Gdub,

If you are donating concentrates for these types of treatments what are your absolute best recommendations to date?

What method of delivery and which one concentrate do you pick for that right now?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gdub,

If you are donating concentrates for these types of treatments what are your absolute best recommendations to date?

What method of delivery and which one concentrate do you pick for that right now?

To date, we have been supplying Holy Shit or Holy Anointing oil.
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/.

One of my SPR partners and our formulating Pharmacist have been developing some 200 mg dose sublingual troche's, that I am currently testing, and which work slick for me.

Unfortunately, 20% saturation is the most the troche menstruum will absorb, so we are limited to 200 mg added ingredients. That doesn't leave room for flavoring, so the 200 mg doses are cannabis flavored, something that some will find objectionable.

I don't find it tha objectionable and follow up with some Gari to take away the lingering after taste.

In regards to treating cancer I have only used RSO. I used 99% iso as a solvent. I have successfully treated 2 cancer patients with it.

I have made a lot of the alcohol extracts. RSO, QWISO, QWET, but my favorite I call ND Sap. I discovered this concentrate when I stopped making RSO. The ND Sap provides a medicated feeling that lasts twice as long as RSO. For the first half of the buzz the difference is very noticeable. It is because there is something in it that was not lost. Something that does get lost during a heat decarb process. My guess is that it is the terpenes that the RSO is lacking. ND Sap is basically QWET. No heat used whatsoever, only fan dried or evaporated. Then stored in a sealed container for a minimum of 100 days. Preferably 120 days. I don't have the exact timing nailed down yet. After the 100 days or so, it should be fully decarbed, naturally. Using the grain alcohol, it does extract different compounds from the plant, but the important part is not losing certain compounds, like the essential terpenes. I have seen the naturally decarbed sap provide pain relief where RSO had no effect. I am not putting down RSO, it does work on fighting cancer, but there is no going back for me. The naturally decarbed sap is my favorite hands down.

After I get so many posts in will I be able to put in my own custom avatar?

ND Sap
QWET-ND_Sap 11-2-14 027.jpg
ND Sap 7-28-14 022.jpg

RSO
2013_03190036.jpg
2013_03190056.jpg
2013_03190064.jpg

QWET
1oz SBC 192 proof solvent 8-16-14 012.jpg
SBC QWET 8-16-14 044.jpg

QWISO
QWISO 2013_11150018.jpg
QWISO hash winterized 4-2-14 020.jpg
QWISO 4-2-14 013.jpg

I guess 10 images is the max :(

I like them all, especially the products made with no heat. QWISO and QWET. All you need to do is store it in a dark place for a minimum of 100 days and it will naturally decarb. You have to be careful though because during the process of decarbing CO2 is created. The pressure caused from the chemical change can cause syringes to leak as well as vials.

you can also just eat naturally decarbed buds.

I just rolled up a joint, cut it into pieces, and swallowed the pieces with water.

The buds need to be stored in the same manner as the oil. The buds need to be dry before placing into the jar and need to be stored for a minimum of 120 days before they will become naturally decarbed.

When eating the buds, I recommend doing so for three days in a row before casting judgement. It kind of needs to be in your system then you will get a consistent, steady buzz.

With my Space Dawg strain, I could not handle eating more than 1/2 joint worth per day and I was stoned 24/7.

vapor

Veteran
I have a had a few success and failures treating cancers with ethanol{make my own ethanol/cannabis}cannabis extracted tinctures. Some folks react well to it, others i am left scratching my head, We need more research pronto. I have seen awesome effects for 3 years with sever autism, Calms him down so no hitting and yelling at the pool or out with other folks, he is able to deal with stress better.

Latest posts

Latest posts