What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HOLY SHIT! Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Gray Wolf. My wife suffers from fibromyalgia and I would like to try to make some (HAO) Holy Anointing Oil (topical) to help her with her pain. Also, someone close to me has emphysema, and I have been told that HAO rubbed on the chest/back everyday with a dab under the nose help dramatically. I read people going off oxygen and other treatments.

Thank you for pointing out the http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/ website. On the original post you noted the recipe in grams, but a lot of these things on this website are in OZ. Can you help me with choosing the right stuff to buy from there. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Good luck with HAO with fibromyalgia brother! Lots of local success for that application.

We haven't had any emphysema patients yet, so I will defer commenting, but look forward to hearing how it works for your loved one!

I use grams, because it is more accurate than the coarser ounce scale. For handy conversion, there are 28.3 grams in an ounce and I recommend picking up a cheap gram scale with a resolution of .1 for mixing meds.

I actually use a grain scale, with 437.5 grains to the ounce, for some of the other meds like Cannacaps. I use a ammunition powder scale for that application and would use a milligram (.001 gram) scale, but they are damned expensive.

That aside, while experimenting, I bought the 3.3 ounce bottles of French Cinnamon Leaf essential oil, Chinese Cinnamon Bark essential oil, and Indian Gum Myrrh. I now buy their 16.7 (500ml) bottles at http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com .

Herborizer

Veteran
Wow this stuff is strong. Long lasting too... Made it this morning. It was tricky trying to figure out how to measure the liquids, but I sorted that out. Finding everything in a non-essential oil was difficult from local stores, but I did find consumable versions of the ingredients. My goal was to make this the first time so that it can be taken orally and topically. So instead of 3grams of Coconut oil, I put in 7. Also, I added 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.

My hash was from a batch I made about 3 weeks ago. I use everclear and make it the way of Rick Simpson. The final hash is like blobs, sort of tacky but pliable.

I couldn't figure out how to combine everything at first, but then I decided to use a very very small mason jar (the little ones that hold like about 1/8 of weed). I first put the coconut oil in there, and had it in a hot water bath. This melted the oil nicely inside the jar. Then I added each of the other parts. Finally, I put the hash in. I put a pot of water on the stove for another water bath. I put the mason jar on there and heated on medium. This melted everything down nicely combining ingredients. The final result ended up with a little more than 2 drams of the HAO.

When I was mixing the stuff together on the hot water bath on the stove, I used a toothpick to stir around a lot. I couldn't help but dab that toothpick twice on my tong to taste it (tasted great by the way). Here I am 5 hours later still blasted. I have a general warm feeling everywhere.

My wife tried rubbing on her major pain areas and it is working wonderfully! Though, I would say the only complaint is that it is difficult to spread it around. It disappears in the skin so fast. I either need to make massive amounts of this stuff or add something else so that it can be spread around better.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the help with making my first batch. I made it to the full recipe (10 grams of hash). Thank god I don't pay a thing for weed and live in a compassionate state. It's sad to think of all the people that could benefit from this wonderful medicine and can't get it for legal or financial reasons. Very sad.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow this stuff is strong. Long lasting too... Made it this morning. It was tricky trying to figure out how to measure the liquids, but I sorted that out. Finding everything in a non-essential oil was difficult from local stores, but I did find consumable versions of the ingredients. My goal was to make this the first time so that it can be taken orally and topically. So instead of 3grams of Coconut oil, I put in 7. Also, I added 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.

My hash was from a batch I made about 3 weeks ago. I use everclear and make it the way of Rick Simpson. The final hash is like blobs, sort of tacky but pliable.

I couldn't figure out how to combine everything at first, but then I decided to use a very very small mason jar (the little ones that hold like about 1/8 of weed). I first put the coconut oil in there, and had it in a hot water bath. This melted the oil nicely inside the jar. Then I added each of the other parts. Finally, I put the hash in. I put a pot of water on the stove for another water bath. I put the mason jar on there and heated on medium. This melted everything down nicely combining ingredients. The final result ended up with a little more than 2 drams of the HAO.

When I was mixing the stuff together on the hot water bath on the stove, I used a toothpick to stir around a lot. I couldn't help but dab that toothpick twice on my tong to taste it (tasted great by the way). Here I am 5 hours later still blasted. I have a general warm feeling everywhere.

My wife tried rubbing on her major pain areas and it is working wonderfully! Though, I would say the only complaint is that it is difficult to spread it around. It disappears in the skin so fast. I either need to make massive amounts of this stuff or add something else so that it can be spread around better.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the help with making my first batch. I made it to the full recipe (10 grams of hash). Thank god I don't pay a thing for weed and live in a compassionate state. It's sad to think of all the people that could benefit from this wonderful medicine and can't get it for legal or financial reasons. Very sad.

Good job brother HB! Pleased you are having fun and are excited at the results. I am too!

We also add olive or other oils to the HOA topical to convert it to a massage oil, that lasts longer without absorption than coconut oil.

In our tests, the demonstrated pain relieving capabilites are about as subtle as a 2 X 4 upside the head! Being an engineering by the numbers, show me the beef, sort of guy, it was cannabis topical's rapid and profound relief topically that put it in perspective for me.

No high, just fast and profound relief for even disbelievers!

Oooooops, how does that profound and undeniable success fit in the arguments against medicinal cannabis , or indeed even the arguments against meds based on oil extractions within our own folds?

sso

Veteran
Trust me, a hot bath and a partial body massage is a good thing than leaves me like a wet noodle!

I can only imagine a full body massage by a gifted deep tissue therapist!

yep, you should try it ;) (im pretty good myself and so is the wife :D)

if you are ever in the orient, you should get massage there, i find so far them to be more skilled in massage in general.

though probably the easiest and best way to get massage is to learn it yourself, you get what you give lol.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, you should try it ;) (im pretty good myself and so is the wife :D)

if you are ever in the orient, you should get massage there, i find so far them to be more skilled in massage in general.

though probably the easiest and best way to get massage is to learn it yourself, you get what you give lol.

Good point, and I did study massage in my youth, including oriental Shiatsu and Kiatsuho, but alas you do need a good partner. I can only do it to myself where I can reach, and both of my thumb joints have long since worn to the point of refusing to stay in joint and creating great pain when I press hard!

Unfortunately, I also found that becoming more skilled myself, didn't increase the skill of those returning the favor, as most folks do not have either the inclination, training, or the hand strength to pull it off gracefully.

In appreciation of some my pro bono work for their patients, I regularly receive pro bono professional consideration from licensed doctors doing deep tissue massage, but indeed my greatest relief has been from another aging skunk pharmer, whom also studied deep tissue massage, but suffers from the same thumb joint issues as I do.

As near as I can tell, the relief is not just from their skills, but also from the addition of HAO to the deep tissue massage.

LifeCycle

i am currently trying to infuse some BHO into a cream or lotion for skin diseases...not sure what ratios to use? has anyone ever done this?

Im thinking 1g of bho per OZ of lotion....

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am currently trying to infuse some BHO into a cream or lotion for skin diseases...not sure what ratios to use? has anyone ever done this?

Im thinking 1g of bho per OZ of lotion....

Not sure of which skin diseases you speak of, but 30:1 (3.3%) is a good starting strength and I know of a 2.4% solution that cleared up a staph related facial erruptions within a week.

I've supplied HAO topical at 41% and oil tinctures up to about 70% for pain and skin cancer. The skin cancer patient using the oil tincture as a topical reported success within 30 day.

I suspect the 70% is overkill, but it was my first and only skin cancer patient asking for support and because I too am shooting blind, I didn't want to mess around playing patty cake while they died.

sso

Veteran
oh i got a feeling you might get lucky on a good partner.

in the absense of a partner, i find stretching to be very good (check out how cats do it :))

just slowly and luxuriously stretching every part of your body that you can.
though any selfmassage can be a great help too.

with some practice you can probably do a better job than most, feeling everything yourself "on both sides" lol.

you guys really should get the next person you help with the oil, some pictures of the malady before applying the oil and then aftershots, preferably in such a way that you can recognize its the same person (without perhaps revealing any identifying parts)

coz, one´s always reading about this and saw the rick simpson show, but its all just testimonials, no pictorial evidence and if we had that..

and spread it internet wide, i cant see how we wouldnt have a media stir afterwards heavily in favor of cannabis.

coz, people arent believing this, mostly tokers are though skeptics are faltering.

but pics would really blast the doors open,or should.

LifeCycle

Thanks for the info Greywolf. I am trying to make
Somthing for MRSA. I dunno maybe I will stick with your HAO formula, I like the fact that its proven.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info Greywolf. I am trying to make
Somthing for MRSA. I dunno maybe I will stick with your HAO formula, I like the fact that its proven.

You're welcome and good luck! Hope you will report back after trying it!

LifeCycle

OK here is what i did...14grams of kief into 6oz of hemp seed lotion base, via a double boiler.

I have been testing this daily...it does not seem to get you baked. It feels great for my skin, and I can go long periods of time without having to medicate until night time.

I have other test subjects using my cream on their trouble spots ( MRSA ) claiming " this stuff works too good"

apparently it is clearing up their issues after a week of use!

So thats it for now.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK here is what i did...14grams of kief into 6oz of hemp seed lotion base, via a double boiler.

I have been testing this daily...it does not seem to get you baked. It feels great for my skin, and I can go long periods of time without having to medicate until night time.

I have other test subjects using my cream on their trouble spots ( MRSA ) claiming " this stuff works too good"

apparently it is clearing up their issues after a week of use!

So thats it for now.

Thanks for the feedback and pleased it is working for your needs!

gOurd^jr.

Hey All just wanted to check back in and report on further HAO success. I thinned the oil I had made out with another gram or two of olive oil and am very pleased with the results. It is thin enough that it will come out in drops instead of super sticky ooze. Also it mellowed out the flavor a bit too so now I realllly like the tast. Must have got he cinnamon diluted enough because the earlier slight burning sensation is gone now :) However still gotta be careful to avoid the back of your throat or it'll get spiced pretty good and can stick there for a bit. I've increased my dosage just slightly to compensate for the dilution and its been working out nicely as an oral/sublingual. Also the thinner oil is much easier to apply topically, used to painfully pull hairs it was so sticky. still works amazing for joint pain and yesterday one drop applied to my temples and forehead blasted out my headache within minutes. I think just smelling the stuff helps there too. SMELLS DIVINE! Just about used up my batch so its time to make another one...
Holy Anointing Oil: make some!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey All just wanted to check back in and report on further HAO success. I thinned the oil I had made out with another gram or two of olive oil and am very pleased with the results. It is thin enough that it will come out in drops instead of super sticky ooze. Also it mellowed out the flavor a bit too so now I realllly like the tast. Must have got he cinnamon diluted enough because the earlier slight burning sensation is gone now :) However still gotta be careful to avoid the back of your throat or it'll get spiced pretty good and can stick there for a bit. I've increased my dosage just slightly to compensate for the dilution and its been working out nicely as an oral/sublingual. Also the thinner oil is much easier to apply topically, used to painfully pull hairs it was so sticky. still works amazing for joint pain and yesterday one drop applied to my temples and forehead blasted out my headache within minutes. I think just smelling the stuff helps there too. SMELLS DIVINE! Just about used up my batch so its time to make another one...
Holy Anointing Oil: make some!

Good job experimenting! Bon appetite!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow, this is one fascinating thread, this holly anointing oil seems to be really good stuff. want to make a batch of it myself. noticed the cinnamon bark oil is not exactly cheap. couldn't one use cinnamon sticks in the oil when cooking the cannabis into the olive oil? i guess a cheese cloth will help you press all the oil back out of the cannabis. or do you think making bubble hash first with the cannabis is better? i'm thinking to make a test batch soon and then make a larger batch with some out door.

so i understood you use hot water baths to heat up the oils enough to let the cinamon leaf oil, the myrrh oil and olive oil mix evenly?

lastly how would you get 420g of cannabis distilled into 1 lt of olive oil? seems like they must have made hash or oil, or are we talking the cannabutter way, using lots of water in the pan with the oil to process all the cannabis?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, this is one fascinating thread, this holly anointing oil seems to be really good stuff. want to make a batch of it myself. noticed the cinnamon bark oil is not exactly cheap. couldn't one use cinnamon sticks in the oil when cooking the cannabis into the olive oil? i guess a cheese cloth will help you press all the oil back out of the cannabis. or do you think making bubble hash first with the cannabis is better? i'm thinking to make a test batch soon and then make a larger batch with some out door.

so i understood you use hot water baths to heat up the oils enough to let the cinamon leaf oil, the myrrh oil and olive oil mix evenly?

lastly how would you get 420g of cannabis distilled into 1 lt of olive oil? seems like they must have made hash or oil, or are we talking the cannabutter way, using lots of water in the pan with the oil to process all the cannabis?

The original formula called for boiling the cannabis, cinnamon leaf, bark, and gum myrrh in water and olive oil and then filtering.

Eloquentsolution made a batch of root balm plus BHO topical using cinnamon bark instead of essential oils, that worked well.

We use hot oil baths instad of water baths.

You can extract the oil from the hash with another solvent and then redissolve it in olive oil, or dissolve it directly into the Olive oil, by just cooking it at ~180F for around 12/14 hours, while and stirring or shaking frequently.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i wonder why it needs both cinnamon leaves and bark? anyway another question i thought of is the starting cannabis material, are we talking buds that are trimmed, or buds with small trim left or the whole plant excluding stems? seems to me they probably used the whole plant back in the day.

i would like to make it using all raw ingredients and cooking them into the olive oil all at once. but not sure if i would be able to work with myrrh gum, but it seems the other ingredients would be easy to concentrate into the oil through cooking in water and the oil.

Tokingham

My doctor told me to make a salve for my moms arthritis all i need to do is soak the buds in high proof alcohol over night then remove plant matter and rub on areas that are sore.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wonder why it needs both cinnamon leaves and bark? anyway another question i thought of is the starting cannabis material, are we talking buds that are trimmed, or buds with small trim left or the whole plant excluding stems? seems to me they probably used the whole plant back in the day.

i would like to make it using all raw ingredients and cooking them into the olive oil all at once. but not sure if i would be able to work with myrrh gum, but it seems the other ingredients would be easy to concentrate into the oil through cooking in water and the oil.

My guess is that they used the untrimmed buds, but from experience I can tell you it all works for pain, including the stems.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My doctor told me to make a salve for my moms arthritis all i need to do is soak the buds in high proof alcohol over night then remove plant matter and rub on areas that are sore.

That will work, but leaves behind a sticky mess. Coconut oil works and doesn't leave sticky residue.

Latest posts

Latest posts