What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SourDiesel IBL - SourPheno

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
57 days or so.
1x then 2x 50W COB at day 40.
Cold temperature at night(12C), that limited the stretch- and a bit too high humidity (corrected now) - bit of anthracnosis i think
Struggling a bit with the feeding as well been a while (6+years) since I have stopped any indoor, and first time under LED, and using homemade nettle for N mixed with canna bioflores. Though I have no doubt she ll make it to her glorious 80 days :) Haven t smoked her proper for a few years so really looking forward to that crazy punch .

P5130119.JPG
P5130123.JPG
P5130129.JPG
P5130112.JPG
P5130133.JPG
P5130125.JPG
P5130117.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
57 days or so.
1x then 2x 50W COB at day 40.
Cold temperature at night(12C), that limited the stretch- and a bit too high humidity (corrected now) - bit of anthracnosis i think
Struggling a bit with the feeding as well been a while (6+years) since I have stopped any indoor, and first time under LED, and using homemade nettle for N mixed with canna bioflores. Though I have no doubt she ll make it to her glorious 80 days :) Haven t smoked her proper for a few years so really looking forward to that crazy punch .

View attachment 18710822 View attachment 18710824 View attachment 18710825 View attachment 18710826 View attachment 18710827 View attachment 18710828 View attachment 18710830
looks good. I used my nettle brew and burnt fan leafs of one of haze/black vietnamese individuals. but she is sensitive. how do you make your nettle? is it stinky like mine? :D

riri x destroyer sounds great. like right connection for me. I think of crossing it with some hawaiian. maybe in future.

titoon29

Veteran
Hi Maha Kala,

No special recipe on that nettle, I fill up a water bucket with nettle, with as little stems as possible, leave it for 10 days or so, mix it once a day, then filter. It does stink indeed !
I don t think the nettle did overfeed the plant ( I do 1to 20 ratio), but rather thinking of an nutrient imbalance in my feeding, also I think I ve been a bit light on feeding the bioflores that could be part of it, I forgot that this riri wants heavy feeding. Additionally, the lights were perhaps a bit too close, the top buds are looking a bit burnt but under there it s all dark green.. In any case it s not a perfect grow - but I have no doubt it will be excellent after 20 days of water only ;) Looking forward to the calyxes explosion that should happen in a week or so.

I wish those destroyer x riri were still exisiting, but the destroyer male is long gone, to bad it was a gem !....

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hi Maha Kala,

No special recipe on that nettle, I fill up a water bucket with nettle, with as little stems as possible, leave it for 10 days or so, mix it once a day, then filter. It does stink indeed !
I dont filter it and let it there more then 10 days. it packs some power then. I dont use it regularly though, only in veg. few times. it gives plants extra power...

titoon29

Veteran
I dont filter it and let it there more then 10 days. it packs some power then. I dont use it regularly though, only in veg. few times. it gives plants extra power...
Hi Maha Kala ! Thanks for the tips, so far I was drying the left overs and use it as mulch... Nettle is awesome outdoor I have used it extensively in veg for a couple of years, and found that it seems to seems to have a very good overall balance and provides very good Nitrogen amounts, easy to dose.

62 days

P5190151.JPG
P5190153.JPG
P5190138.JPG P5190140.JPG

JJDubz

Looks solid. There is something about that heady/euphoric buzz that SD offers that I just love....

So nettle - we are talking stinging nettle here, ya? I know there are loads of health benefits for us humans, so not surprising for plants as well. Do you boil the nettle at all to kill off the sting? Lots of it in the ravine behind my place...

titoon29

Veteran
@JJDubz
Yeah that high is outstanding, I love how it blends indica and sativa traits, and how it gets you to your childhood highs whenever you get back to it ;) I ll do a proper smoke report on my indoor, been a while !

Indeed stinging nettle. Because I use it outdoor I don't bother the smell, never tried to boil it.
I do eat it as well, love it with Rice, and omelets.

I was going through a couple of threads talking about the riri, with an interest in outdoor experiences. Sounds like there are a couple of people that noticed a very different profile when grown outdoor, I wonder why.
Last year I had to do an early crop (oct 10) and wasn't there for drying, and it wasn t really impressive in the end, even though it was a nice smoke, but you couldn t really recognize the riri. My guess is Oct 10 would be around week 7-8, way too early.
I am looking forward to this year, better set up in the greenhouse should allow me to push the riri till early November, which is when it should be ready I think. Indoor, there is quite a change of profile at week 10-11 and quite an increase in power, which should translate in early November I guess.
Had a friend growing it, got it to flower a bit earlier, cropped oct 10, around week 9 is my guess. The lavender profile was there according to him, but I couldn t really spot it myself. Much more powerful than mine though, and he absolutely will grow it this year.
Time will tell !

Last edited:

Petrochemical

First of all, the picts i'm gonna show came from another grower, the sample i get was from the same mother, another grower, who maybe will show up to send us his picts :headbange

So let's Go:

Appearance : Dry, it has a lot of thricomes on it, the sample i get was about 10% amber... Very dense.
Smell: The smell of this weed is sooo strong ! It's definitely the sour pheno, no diesel undertone, piney and spicy, with a very little lemon smell.

Taste : Wow this stuff is strong, i've not taste so much buds that i thaught it's near to be too hard... It's like spicy lavender, piney, harsh... I told myself that when my clone will be flowered and cured, it'll be hard to compare them to others, as the taste is taking your mouth, for 15 minutes after you smoked it !

Potency: Great mix high/stone, it knock you out, you think and think, but your body seems not to want to move... Not to give to light smokers !

This pheno of SourDiesel is really a strong weed i'll recommand for people who love that kind of weed, but i'll keep looking for a Diesel pheno, maybe on the nycd, that was the best herb i've smoke in dam a few years ago, besides i smoked about 40 strains in this week... Strong fruity/diesel smell...

A grow test maybe soon, they're rooting...

Titoon

I cant believe how good the contrast is with that backround. Miss those girls

Petrochemical

Looks awesome @titoon29 ! Been so long since I had some nice SD - buddy from NY mailed me some years back that was killer, not many people grow it with all the latest names and crosses these days, but still a top 10 for me.
Top dawg was not false advertisement thats for sure....91 chem......nycd.....

A couple others ive stoned into my not remembering part of my brain....i call it channel z lol

ive had a few chances to smoke Sour D about 12 years ago .
used to be sold as "Slow Haze" at Slowmotion coffeeshop lol
best stuff ive ever smoked , soo tasty

also had a chance to smoke the Super Silver Sour D Haze at 1eHulp
this was definitly stronger , but didnt have that flavour we all love

Latest posts

Latest posts