What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pointless to eat edibles when smoking?

HeresTheDank

A buddy of mine was told from a club that its not good to eat space cakes or other edibles when you're smoking ganja as well because it cancels eachother out. This didnt sound right to me because ive got tore up from a brownie before after smoking a few bowls. Is it true or not?

G

Man, If people at clubs say shit like that they I wonder if they know much about the plant at all. Yes you can smoke/eat whenever you pease, you will just be high as shit. I eat hash cookies/cake everyonce and a while and it's get to hit a few bowls before it kicks it. Now, If your really really stoned off those cookies it's going to take more smoke to get you to feel anything, if you do.

I find that after the edibles get going you don't need to smoke until you start coming down off the food.

tweaked

medgrade is right: they don't "cancel each other out".

like he said, though, if you are stoned off the cookies you'll have to smoke more for the same effect; likewise if you are smoking on some herb you will have trouble picking out exactly where the smoking buzz ends and the edible buzz begins. so you might not 'feel' like you've gotten as much value from the total product, even though thc concentration in your blood is at appropriate levels.

personally, i'd do one or the other. if you're smoking, especially if you're not used to eating, you will most likely feel like you didn't get very much of a buzz off the herb. like you said though if it's just a 'couple bowls' you'll still get ripped off the food.

rolandomota

I guess that's true with lower potency edibles you won't get high enough so you smoke and can't get the same high because your body has that edible.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hahaha!

Hahaha!

A buddy of mine was told from a club that its not good to eat space cakes or other edibles when you're smoking ganja as well because it cancels eachother out. This didnt sound right to me because ive got tore up from a brownie before after smoking a few bowls. Is it true or not?

I'm a regular Edibles Eater and Weed Smoker :party: They DO NOT cancel each other out.

I usually (everyday) Smoke some weed in the afternoon and into the evening. I eat a 90mg Snickerdoodle Cookie an hour or so before bedtime. If I wake up I might take a few hits.

They both enhance the effects of the other. A nice high from the smoke and a heavy body high from the edibles.

Peace

soil margin

Veteran
I wouldn't say it's pointless to do. But it is if you don't want to take a nap, because you will probably end up doing just that.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Yes they cancel each other out. So after eating a bunch of edibles and smoking a shitload of bud you will need to pull out the oil rig and do a bunch of dabs.:tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
The thread title should be the other way around. Pointless to smoke if you already have been eating edibles. For real though. When I eat my cookies or caps, smoking is pointless. I can do dabs and smoke joints all day without feeling much more than the edible I had already eaten.

Good way to get your tolerance up if your gonna be going to a canna event. Munch edibles everyday for a good month, and you'll be able to smoke all day, and not pass out.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hahahaha!

Hahahaha!

The thread title should be the other way around. Pointless to smoke if you already have been eating edibles. For real though. When I eat my cookies or caps, smoking is pointless. I can do dabs and smoke joints all day without feeling much more than the edible I had already eaten.

Good way to get your tolerance up if your gonna be going to a canna event. Munch edibles everyday for a good month, and you'll be able to smoke all day, and not pass out.

My buddy brought me a Medible 150mg Banana Bread :party: My wife cut it into three pieces and I just took one.

Of course I smoked also, we'll see how it compares to my 60mg Snickerdoodles :biggrin:

angelgoob

I know what your friend is trying to say.

The edible's d9THC is converted to 11hydroxyTHC, effectively canceling the edibles high, by occupying spaces with d9THC where there should be 11hydroxyTHC.

I get it, but that's only a theory. I had a weaker buzz going on edibles and when I smoked I was alright, but here is the thing: My high had gotten better as time went on, because I had smoked also. And the edible makes the smoke high last longer.

Can't wait to try edibles again. I think I will do a decarboxylation test. Like one on dry herb, and one on butter at 239.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I find it is waste of time and weed smoking after taking properly made edibles. I made cannabutter with soy lecithin with 100 grams GG4 sugar leaf to 8 ounces butter. Made 50 cookies. One cookie, and I was zig zag walking, had to go to bed and was mild tripping. 1/2 half and I am really stoned. Usually eat 1/4 for a really good buzz. I think a lot has to do with how it is made. The method I use is by a guy from India, where they have been doing it for centuries. The lecithin is supposed to make it about 50% stronger.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025