What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Raking the Forest

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
This problem isn't going to be solved until they cut down alla thos troublemakin' trees and make some room for the overpopulation problem!!!:smoky:

M

metsäkana

trump is not only one bad on geography in there xD

ok trout what i need to learn from the link? :D its old tactic to burn forest for agriculture slash n burn

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most malls have kiosk businesses here n' there, almost always there's somebody doing embroidery work, very automated/computerized but on a one hat at a time basis.

think about where your biggest mall is and shop it to be done there, of course they'll ask that you supply the hats, wear one to work & have a small stash of them on hand for friends coworkers etc... ;)

be smart & bring a sample of the text/font of standard maga hats so they can get it right, you could have them by tonight still.

Thanks S4L, good idea I'll check it out the next time we go to town!

This thread is pretty funny, thanks for all the chuckles...

MintyMick

Everytime I have been to California we stop at a checkpoint. And they clearly ask do we have any fruits or vegetables that were grown out of state.

So how the hell is Trump allowed there?

Thank you for that. I just shot lukewarm coffee out of my nose and still could not stop laughing. “Fruits and vegetables.”

I’m going to pop some popcorn and subscribe to this thread.

CaptainDankness

I'm good with raking leaves, but good thing about forest fires is fire morels grow. :)

Really kind of amazing California is the most populated state, they have earthquakes, forest fires and it's a fucking desert! Lol

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Really kind of amazing California is the most populated state, they have earthquakes, forest fires and it's a fucking desert! Lol

What's interesting to me is added into the mix, they also have a hugh mix of 1st - 4th generation of Asian, Latino, etc. immigrant populations and everyone seems to be getting along.

..... but getting back to rakes, I see that they're now using them to comb through the rubble inside the burned-out homes looking for human remains.

It doesn't get much worse than this :cry:

St. Phatty

..... but getting back to rakes, I see that they're now using them to comb through the rubble inside the burned-out homes looking for human remains.

It doesn't get much worse than this :cry:

What's odd is, they're expecting major rains starting tomorrow Wednesday.

And at this point there's a lot of help available -
exhausted firefighters (earning triple-time)
National Guard
volunteers

and people that could be asked to assist -
US military
Army Corps of Engineers
more volunteers

So they have to Tarp a number of burial sites, TBD, maybe 500, maybe 2000.

Why aren't they busy protecting the burial sites, so the anthropologists & their assistants can finish their grim tasks ?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... interesting perspective Phatty.:tiphat:

As far as protecting the burial sites, do they really need protection when there's nothing left to loot/steal, not even a single gold filling?:tumbleweed::dunno:

St. Phatty

..... interesting perspective Phatty.:tiphat:

As far as protecting the burial sites, do they really need protection when there's nothing left to loot/steal, not even a single gold filling?:tumbleweed::dunno:

They're racing against the rain to perform Forensics on an entire Town.

It's almost like that old movie, the Andromeda Strain.

And I do find myself wondering how that ash-mud-clay might work for pottery ?

But the main thing the news articles have been emphasizing is, the ID'ing of the bodies is really interfered with by the rain.

Some poor guys & gals might be working all winter long, looking for teeth in ashy muck.

It just seemed obvious, they theoretically have access to resources who could put up 1000 tents overnight if need be.

Instead they're not using the resources and wringing their hands.

Getting paid big bucks to wring their hands (Brown etc.)

The Can Do attitude in CA is G.O.N.E.

W

Water-

https://qz.com/1468286/mike-daviss-case-for-letting-malibu-burn-is-sadly-relevant-again/

"The controversial case for letting Malibu burn"

It’s worth noting that, in response to Brown’s assessment, some scientists said that the focus on climate change as the primary reason for increasingly destructive wildfires is “too narrow” and discounts the role of “repeatedly green-[lighting] development in areas that we know are fire zones.” Regardless, the future that the Woolsey fire portends—one where disaster response, working at capacity, is mismatched to deal with foreseeable natural disasters—is unimaginably grim.

And yet it’s a future that was more or less predicted 20 years ago, when University of California, Riverside professor emeritus Mike Davis wrote the provocatively titled “The Case for Letting Malibu Burn,” a chapter of his book Ecology of Fear. In his essay, Davis argued that destructive wildfires are not a bug, but a feature of this native chaparral habitat—one that, aided by Santa Ana winds, has long used fires to carry out ecological processes.

Davis wrote that the Santa Monica mountains’ native vegetation interacts with perfect fire weather—”drought conditions, 100-degree heat, 3 percent humidity and an 85-mile-per-hour Santa Ana wind”—to create fires, on average, every two and half years. And he argued that the longer Malibu sought to suppress fires in order to save ever-increasing amounts of property, the worse its inevitable fires would be. “Science has established that it is accumulated growth that determines fire destructiveness,” he wrote. “Botanists and fire geographers have calculated that half-century-old chaparral, heavily laden with dead mass, burns with 50 times more intensity than 20-year-old chaparral.”

In other words, Davis predicted that Malibu would see fires of the kind of intensity and ferocity that residents witnessed, to their collective horror, this month. When reached by Gustavo Arellano of the Los Angeles Times for comment last week, he was steadfast: “I’m infamous for suggesting that the broader public should not have to pay a cent to protect or rebuild mansions on sites that will inevitably burn every 20 or 25 years. My opinion hasn’t changed.”

Davis was, and remains, a pariah in Malibu. And indeed, alongside his ecological, anti-development thesis is also a rather clear disdain for many of Malibu’s residents, who he calls “wealthy pyrophiles encouraged by cheap fire insurance, socialized disaster relief and an expansive public commitment to ‘defend Malibu.'”

At the time, Malibu residents took Davis’ piece as a pointed attack on their way of life. And who can blame them? Dealing with fire is not foreign to any of Malibu’s roughly 13,000 residents. More broadly, facing natural disasters head-on is part of the frontier spirit that pervades California life.

Yet today, two decades later, Arellano notes that “Davis’ work on Malibu’s flames has aged far better than the criticism of it.” Davis’ sentiment may well be on the minds of Malibu residents as they face the prospect of rebuilding their homes and lives, with the knowledge that another, future fire may not be far off.

W

Water-

Because of overpopulation and lack of space, people have come to see fire as nothing but bad.

But in reality fire is just as much a part of the natural order as rain.

It is part of the fabric of our existence

Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit

St. Phatty

Because of overpopulation and lack of space, people have come to see fire as nothing but bad.

I met a Pottery couple a few years ago that I would love to have as neighbors.

They ran a production kiln and sold their art in Argentina.

They'd be consuming 1000+ pounds of wood a few days a week.

Their appetite for free kiln fuel would really help empty the forest of all the extra unburned wood.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

all good n' well as long as mother nature is the only one setting fires, when man does so it's out of the natural order. There was the California firebug & murderer of 4 people, John Leonard Orr, from Wiki:
Some arson investigators and an FBI criminal profiler have deemed Orr to be possibly one of the worst American serial arsonists of the twentieth century. Federal ATF agent Mike Matassa believes that Orr set nearly 2,000 fires between 1984 and 1991. Furthermore, arson investigators determined that after Orr was arrested, the number of brush fires in the nearby foothill areas decreased by over ninety percent.

The current fire was set by a camp fire and hence nicknamed 'Camp Fire.' We are so way past things being a part of nature anymore.......

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Forest Finns do it. :peek:

Forest Finns

G `day TM

Nope ; slash and burn aint raking the forest .

File:Raatajat_rahanalaiset.JPG

More like raping . Maybe raking up the charcoal to sell later ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .