What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dungeon of The Dank...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Flo f6 ...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This has gotta be one of the oddest plants I’ve ever grown ...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Found some double serations on one of the Hickok haze females ...!!!...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

They say that sometimes is a sign of potency ...!!!...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The double serrations is something I've promoted and encouraged others to look for in their plants. With specifics to the Digi line and it's outcrosses, it's a dead give away to the more berry smelling plants.

It's not strain specific, though, as I've seen it on other plants, including old skunks and I have a CBD plant showing heavy doubles now.

I'm still inclined to believe it is an indication of potency. Not all plants that have it are winners, but a LOT of winners do. I have a small list of such quirks I pay attention depending on the genetics at play, that give either an indication to a particular influence or indicate potential keeper to watch closely. I image, all of us who stare at our plants, have the same sorts of tells.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
Is there Skunk in the lineage?
No, it’s Ghost train Haze x Stardawg ...
The double serrations is something I've promoted and encouraged others to look for in their plants. With specifics to the Digi line and it's outcrosses, it's a dead give away to the more berry smelling plants.

It's not strain specific, though, as I've seen it on other plants, including old skunks and I have a CBD plant showing heavy doubles now.

I'm still inclined to believe it is an indication of potency. Not all plants that have it are winners, but a LOT of winners do. I have a small list of such quirks I pay attention depending on the genetics at play, that give either an indication to a particular influence or indicate potential keeper to watch closely. I image, all of us who stare at our plants, have the same sorts of tells.

dank.Frank
I’ve noticed a few of these Hickok Haze that have the doubles but this one here has got a lot more than the other plants and I just had my eye on this particular plant since it was young...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Two night Rider females...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Flo...
picture.php
picture.php

Plants in the flower room were just switched to 12/12 light schedule ...!!!...

moses wellfleet

Veteran
That Flo tho... Iirc Grape Krush (a DJ Strain from a decade ago) had Phenos that expressed crinkle leaves, but not as severe as that?

starke

I have a Juan Herer cut from some freebie seeds that I keep around because she has twisted and variegated leaves...and is some righteous smoke.

nickman

Veteran
That Flo tho... Iirc Grape Krush (a DJ Strain from a decade ago) had Phenos that expressed crinkle leaves, but not as severe as that?
Yeah, I have/had a few other strains from DJ that were showing this crinkle leaf trait but they all grew out of it after the seedling stage...!!!... this Flo seems to be getting worse and worse by the day... I’m not mad though, I’ve never had a plant grow this way and I’m very interested what will come of her during flower...
Im keeping an eye on this "flo" :biggrin:
Me too bro...!!!...
I have a Juan Herer cut from some freebie seeds that I keep around because she has twisted and variegated leaves...and is some righteous smoke.

Why Juan and not jack.

Good day everyone ...!!!...

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Nickman maybe experiment with different mulches. I think I started with chopped up stalks and fan leaves from the harvest!!

nickman

Veteran
That sounds like a good idea... I sometimes put the leaves that I pull off the plant on the top of the media, but never a large enough amount to actually have an effect...!!!...

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Works especially well if you are ending with nice faded fan leaves. If they are too green all that nitrogen decomposes into a rotten stinking mess!

I am constantly experimenting. Even tried paving with bits of broken tile. The living mulches need a second look. So far best result was oak leaves with pieces of oak bark on top to keep them flat!!

nickman

Veteran
I remember seeing pics of your bark mulch ... I just be nervous bringing things like that in from the wild... with bugs and all. U never know.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bugs are bad, m'kay. ;)

You get used to stuff crawling in your soil. It can cause momentary panic though sometimes.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
Last round I used a bag of Coast of Maine Lobster Compost and beneficial mites were in the Compost. I didn’t notice until a few days after I top dressed with it that I had the mites all in my soil. They took care of the knats and never left the soil...

Almost shit myself when I first saw them

moses wellfleet

Veteran
That picture of the broad mites hitching a ride on the legs of the white fly is forever burned in my mind.

But I have had the best results when insect life beneath the much layer was at its peak!! It hasn’t caused a problem until now. Had a slight nuisance from pill bugs gnawing off root tips, but that is probably the same as air pruning!!

nickman

Veteran
Well I’ve got some really bad news... all 5 Chemberry d’s turned out to be males...
This really sucks because they were gonna be nice big plants and I can tell they would have yielded very well... I was very interested in this strain... DAM...!!!...
Now I only have two plants left in the flower room... the blue moonshine and the happy pussy...

So I decided to put three Hickok haze females into flower since I only had two plants to flower...
The Hickok haze were not really ready to be flowered yet but they’ll just have to do... they’re not that small so I guess they’ll be fine... I just like my plants to be a bit larger when I put them into flower... I’m hoping since they are haze crosses that they will stretch a good bit...

They are crossed to ghost train haze: any info on the ghost train haze would be a big help... does she stretch much when put into flower...?...

I still have two female Nightrider’s and that crazy looking Flo under my T5’s vegging... I’ll probably wait another week before I flip those girls...

Anyway, here’s a few pics of the Chemberry d males...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts