What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED micro box

rastapaul

Right on broda! Thanks for the info, sounds like a cool cross will be cool seeing the outcome... Have you been able to run any of the parents strains? How much height space do you have from the top of the pots to the LEDS?

I like you setup! Should be a good run, best of luck!

I made the cross just as a pollen chuck so obviously grew the parents and would be much happier growing them parents now, but I lost all my seed not long before I moved to Oz.
This was the only seed available without buying some and they were supposed to go to someone else originally, they were given to my bro not long after I made them and to be passed on to a mate, they never got picked up and just got forgotten about and left in his fridge for nearly 2 years and so this is what I'm growing :biggrin:
I wish I could purchase the parents, I'd have a simply irresistible or Hawaiian spice in the pot now but at the moment Chimeras varieties are not for sale anywhere.
Although Real gorilla seeds will be stocking some very soon ( the last of Breeders retail stock I think ) but as of today the website is dead for some reason.
I've also grown the sweet skunk s1 (lemon cello) the reversed pollen donor for the Simply irresistible and it's a fantastic haze type plant rasta if your into haze or haze hybrid types.
So yeah it is what is, a pollen chuck... but any nicely grown clean organic buds grown by your own hand is a whole lot better than buying unknown from anywhere else IMO :watchplant:
In the box I have about 49 cm between the top of the soil and the light so plenty of room for a trained plant even stretchy NLD types which is my preference.

Thanks and much respect

Ras

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Holy shit, you're already 3 pages in Ras! You don't waste anytime bro..

Lovely looking cab, looks just the job.. Hope it all goes well :)

rastapaul

Holy shit, you're already 3 pages in Ras! You don't waste anytime bro..

Lovely looking cab, looks just the job.. Hope it all goes well :)

I had to try and get my post count up rasta :laughing: and yeah I'm really happy with how the box has turned out, I'm probably going to need some sort of heating though.
I can't get my temps above 24 c without running the light higher than I wanted (100w-110w) and it'll only get colder in there as the outdoor temps drop.
I've not often had to deal with cold temps and certainly not in August but its an easy enough fix with a shuffle round in the room so I can put an oil radiator next to the box.
Much respect

Ras

rastapaul

So the seeds all sprouted after about 4-5 days but I'm killing them off tonight because I've got my hands on something a whole lot better.
Seeds or should I say seed that is being grown now is a Silver taco x SS (fem) from Chimera

Ras

rastapaul

New seed sprouted after about three days and I only killed off one of the others so I could see how the other two liked the environment,
they're about 8-9 days old and seem to be growing well and I might even keep em to see if I get a male to throw outside for pollen collection.

Much respect

Ras

rastapaul

The Silver taco x SS at 2 weeks old
I had to pot her up into the big pot at 1 week old because I was going out of town for 5 days and she wasn't very happy about it, for the 2 days before I went she was looking pretty shocked but by the time I got home she was a lot happier.
I just need to sort some kind of mulch for the pot and then I'll be starting some training later on in the week, the other 2 plants got left outside and are now pretty much dead

Ras

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Interesting Ras

I was thinking the Taco x SS would be a lot more narrow leaf even in the early stages. Maybe she's taking after the genes of the broad leaf side of her maternal parentage. When you flip to flower will be the test I guess. She might start to stretch like crazy.

So are you going to take cuttings or flip the seed plant? When are you thinking of switching?

rastapaul

Interesting Ras

I was thinking the Taco x SS would be a lot more narrow leaf even in the early stages. Maybe she's taking after the genes of the broad leaf side of her maternal parentage. When you flip to flower will be the test I guess. She might start to stretch like crazy.

So are you going to take cuttings or flip the seed plant? When are you thinking of switching?

Hey Kal I thought that too but so was the other 3 seeds I started, they were S.I x King/Blox but I can remember my last grow when I started 15 of them looking for a male and they weren't nowhere near as wide.
I can also remember the SS s1 I grew which did have wider leaves early on but quite narrow as she matured so maybe this is going to go the same way.
And I can't take any cuttings Kal, I wish I could but I just don't have any room what so ever for them and I'll probably flip this the first or second week of October depending how quickly she fills the space.

Much respect

Ras

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
You weren't kidding about those leaves Ras! Once she starts to branch out hopefully leaf development will be much smaller. Hope the seed is what she says she is :-/

rastapaul

You weren't kidding about those leaves Ras! Once she starts to branch out hopefully leaf development will be much smaller. Hope the seed is what she says she is :-/

I was hoping that the leaves would be smaller too Kal but it doesn't look like they are going to be and yeah I have full faith that she is what she was labelled as :biggrin:

big up rasta

Yeah take a seat Okie things should start getting interesting now that she's been flipped

Ras

rastapaul

Just under 4 weeks old today and it'll also be day 1 of 12/12 so an early update.
I've removed the 4 top fans and attempted to fim the top 2 branches but only 1 took, I didn't remove enough of the second to fully fim it but did remove enough of it to slow it down.
I now have 12 main tops which I'll continue to train over the next few weeks of stretch and I'll also do a couple of rounds of defoliation to make sure all bud sites are getting plenty of light.
I'm also going to start increasing the light wattage by about 4-5 watts every 2-3 days until I get to 90 ish watts or maybe more if the plant looks like it can take it and I've got to say I'm proper impressed with how the light has performed through veg and it's giving me high hopes of how it's going to do through flower.
This picture is from yesterday

Much respect

Ras

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Really interested to see the stretch on this. No one has documented this hybrid yet and those leaves are looking very wide. I was expecting something very NLD dom..

rastapaul

She looks ready to rock n roll! Best of luck this run!

Looking good. I'll be paying attention. :tiphat:

Thanks Buddah and hush much respect

Really interested to see the stretch on this. No one has documented this hybrid yet and those leaves are looking very wide. I was expecting something very NLD dom..
Hey Kal it looks like the stretch is already kicking in rasta I tied her down and removed all of the original fan leaves the day I last updated, looking at her today she has completely filled in what was removed and has grown a good 2-3 inches.
I've not got much horizontal space left now so I'm going to have to train her hard to try and keep height in check and I'm now thinking I should of flipped to 12/12 on the day I topped her.
If she decides that she is gonna stretch the 4/5 times the SS does then its going to be a very tight fit and will end up being very close the light but as long as I can keep the temps good I think she'll be alright.
Much respect

Ras

rastapaul

I thought I'd post a quick update just to show how much the canopy has filled back in after the last lot of defoliation, I'm going away for the weekend but when I'm back on Monday I'm going to tie her down to fully fill the space and then strip the shit out of her to let some light to the secondary shoots that are trying to push through the canopy.
I'm also struggling to keep humidity in check especially at lights out where it's hitting 70+% so I've added the second pc fan to get some more air movement around the plant but it hasn't really affected it by much.
So without actually going out and buying a dehumidifier to remove the moisture in the room it's sat in, all I can do is get as much air movement around the plant as I possibly can and hope for the best.

Much respect

Ras

Latest posts

Latest posts