What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunting.)

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This was taken in Bhutan

picture.php

Good luck

MadMac

far beyond driven...
GN Collection - Khmer Gold

great idea!
really loved the old collection...
much respect and many many thx for making those gem's available!
...these Thai stick is still on my list ;-)
magic electric high with no ceiling...
but in the meantime I'm very happy to got my hand's on the legend Khmer Gold...
here is a great girl with red blood...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

happy growin'
M.

MadMac

far beyond driven...

Khmer Gold male foreground girl background...
picture.php

many thx
M.:tiphat:

W

Water-

Your Joking Right!

The Gorilla going on this Hunt will be going where Arjan would not dare to tred i can quite assure you,..

no, he would send Franco and we know (or maybe don't know) how that sadly ended.

may fortune be on your side and I wish I safe return to whoever is going on this hunt.

:tiphat:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a very sad comment, probably true ;\ ^ But I wager he would go at it on his own free will because he had a true passion for MJ. Good ones always go first. I grew a respect for him over the years I did not have at all at first. I greatly admire his fervor and spirit for what he was doing.

MadMac

far beyond driven...

hello,
here a shot from the beginning flower...
duhhh after the red blood I can't wait to finish her... 4 month me think

Khmer Gold
picture.php

@Gypsy Nirvana
maybe you can tell us little story about...
there is like no info about this strain.

many many thx also to the realgorillaclothing dudes... !
thx

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes, many years ago I visited Cambodia and managed to find these gems from someone who was dedicated to cannabis cultivation and trying to preserve various lines. After sampling various cured flowers, I soon realized that the Khmer Gold was more to my taste and managed to secure enough seed to spread far and wide.
Since I seem to have lost touch with the source, these remaining seeds may well be the last of what is out there.

Its a long flowering sativa, which has been acclimatized to SEAsian conditions but can be adapted to indoor, very hardy plant.

Looks like the Khmer Gold is red-blooded too.

great idea!
really loved the old collection...
much respect and many many thx for making those gem's available!
...these Thai stick is still on my list ;-)
magic electric high with no ceiling...
but in the meantime I'm very happy to got my hand's on the legend Khmer Gold...
here is a great girl with red blood...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

happy growin'
M.

hello,
here a shot from the beginning flower...
duhhh after the red blood I can't wait to finish her... 4 month me think

Khmer Gold
View Image

@Gypsy Nirvana
maybe you can tell us little story about...
there is like no info about this strain.

many many thx also to the realgorillaclothing dudes... !
thx

The Seed Hunter

I will start posting closer to my departure date,i am super busy at the moment trimming a number of plants and with family stuff,i have to go to Hong Kong for a few weeks before my Himalayan trip also.I lived in asia for years,visited afghan,pakistan,china,tibet,india,nepal etc,no stranger to the area or getting off the beaten track,i will get seeds,i have done it before and will do it again,Gyp good sir see you for a coffee next week :tiphat:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I will start posting closer to my departure date,i am super busy at the moment trimming a number of plants and with family stuff,i have to go to Hong Kong for a few weeks before my Himalayan trip also.I lived in asia for years,visited afghan,pakistan,china,tibet,india,nepal etc,no stranger to the area or getting off the beaten track,i will get seeds,i have done it before and will do it again,Gyp good sir see you for a coffee next week :tiphat:

good luck!
with that experience you will find the gold for us :)
if possible take some images and post it here...
would be great to see the landscape from the sources ...
and other interesting foto's as well from your trip
all the best

Dog Star

Veteran
Papua New Guinea as a place for search for new genetics,thats what i sees
like interesting expedition...

some austrailian bastard cannabis would be nice

i also second the papua new guinea

not many nepal landraces available on the market too, i would like some that smell like purple pixie stix

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Been doing a little research on 'The Mustang Valley' which The Seed-Hunter mentioned as to where he might like to go on this trip....

From Wikipedia:

Mustang District (Nepali: मुस्ताङ जिल्लाAbout this sound Listen (help·info)), a part of Gandaki Pradesh in of northern Nepal, is one of the seventy-seven districts of Nepal. The district, with Jomsom as its headquarters, covers an area of 3,573 km² and has a population (2011) of 13,452. The district straddles the Himalayas and extends northward onto the Tibetan plateau. Mustang is one of the remotest areas in Nepal and is second in terms of the sparsity of population.

Mustang is an ancient forbidden kingdom, bordered by the Tibetan plateau and sheltered by some of world's tallest peaks, including 8000-meter tall Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. Strict regulations of tourists here have aided in maintaining Tibetan traditions.

Upper Mustang was a restricted demilitarized area until 1992, which makes it one of the most preserved regions in the world due to its relative isolation from the outside world, with a majority of the population still speaking traditional Tibetic languages. The name "Mustang" is derived from the Tibetan word meaning, "Plain of Aspiration." Upper Mustang was only opened to foreigners in 1992 (annual quota at present of 1,000 people). It is a popular area for trekking and can be visited year round (regardless of season).

Mustang district lies in Dhawalagiri zone. The headquarters is Jomsom. The district covers an area of 3,573 km2 and has a population of 14,981. The elevation ranges from 1,372 to 8,167 meters (Mount Dhaulagiri, the 8th highest mountain in the world), with several peaks above 7,000 meters. Agriculture and animal husbandry are the main occupations. The entire district is included within the Annapurna Conservation Area, the largest protected area of Nepal. Development programmes, tourism management, and so on are primarily overseen by the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP), a division of the National Trust for Nature Conservation (KMTNC). The kingdom of Mustang was a dependency of the Kingdom of Nepal since 1795, but was abolished by the republican Government of Nepal on October 7, 2008. The monarchy in Mustang ceased to exist on October 7, 2008, by order of the Government of Nepal, after Nepal became a federal democratic republic. According to the Human Development Index, Mustang is a relatively wealthy district with a GDP per capita of US $2,466.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_District

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Gypsy

Mustang had a rep as the best hash in Nepal .
I remember reading everything I could find re hash and ganja as a teen late 70s early 80s and Mustang state came up again and again as the #1 .

Myanmar / Burma could be interesting too . But travel restrictions as well .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

The Seed Hunter

I have been to Burma a number of times Elmer,interesting place,travel restrictions are like rules and laws,flexible at times.Your right about hash quality in mustang,and I have already been given the heads-up as to an area for a seed search,watch this space mate.

djimb

Veteran
Bringing lines into the trade that are currently not available is super important. The proposed itinerary looks great to me. I've been intrigued by Bhutan for a long time. It also allows for the possibility of new accessions from places that are being severely affected by climate change via flooding, receding glaciers, drought, etc. (Kerala is having an awful time of it this year). I imagine there is also a high level of diversity in the cultivated lines and feral populations in those areas.

I also think small island nations are an important place to hunt for unique lines, as the ocean's only going to keep rising. Fiji and other South Pacific nations would be interesting areas to look.

Of course Africa and Latin America are important, too with many of the classic lines being lost to hybridization, but they're better represented in the trade.

Latest posts

Latest posts