What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

aqueous and gaseous ozone for the eradication of pests and fungal diseases

THC123

Veteran
Hi,

I have been doing lots of research lately to find out if ozone could be used to kill pests and fungal diseases.

The information I found up to now suggests that Ozone creates an environment that for example, spider mites, do not like and it will keep the population in check but it will not kill them off. The same with fungal diseases.

I have however also read papers where they successfully use ozone to eradicate bugs and fungae for the storage of grains. But I was not able to find evidence that it could work on spider mites..

SO it seems ozone has preventative properties but not real curative properties. And then there is the issue of plant tissue damage due to ozone exposure.

Does anyone have experience using ozone to eradicate pests?? I am looking for an alternative to natural predators and UV light, which are the methods I use now.

Ozone could be particulary usefull if there is a spider mite outbreak in the last 2 weeks of flowering for example. It is useless to introduce predators at this point.

Latest posts

Latest posts