What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
as usual, I neglected to indicate when first pistils appeared. Looks like mid September

when I reach in to remove some leafs, my arms come out sticky :dance013:

Yesterday morning I woke up with a flu bug. Head is totally stuffy, but I can still smell the goodness when I walk in that room:jump:

It's a testament to cannabis' ability to recover from pilot error

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I admit it. Yes, I F'd up: Since starting this thread, I decided to read the list of ingredients on the back of the NPK RAW Bloom packet

In my defense as with most labels, the print is super tiny, so I was using their their website feeding chart, which means I was WAY overdoing all the amendments

Since flushing last week and making fresh nutes according to the Bloom packet, the buds are not only fattening up, but the aroma is now very powerful

I am adding some CaMg

Thank goodness this weed is very hardy and able to recover

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recall being leery after hearing Harley Smith (NPK Industries) YT video where he said if you have yellowing leafs it could be a CaMg deficiency and to simply add more CaMg and the leafs with turn green again, but damn, now that I have corrected my nutrients many have

Obviously some are too far gone, but many are green now

The buds are definitely filling in with lots of trichs

View attachment 433829 View attachment 433830 View attachment 433831

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made fresh nute on 10/24.

I am well aware that during budding plants dump a ton of shit through the main stem. In hydro there is only one place for it to go, the rez.

I noticed yellowing leafs so I checked EC: it was a whopping 2400+, probable lockout in progress

Dumped nutes into my outdoor bushes and made fresh at ~ 750 EC

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weird structure on that girl...but pretty buds. Can't wait to see how she finishes.

I had to bend the top cola as she outgrew my tent height

In 2 days she sucked up one gallon of nutes, so Im expecting her to put on some weight

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dropped 7 seeds in water mixed with sea minerals + a few grains of kelp. In just 24 hours I already have some decent tap roots sticking out, those have been moved to coco cups

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedling Update: 2 are 1.5" tall, the others not broken through yet

Flowering Plant: I have been slowly reducing ec as she nears the end > 60% red hairs

Dropped to 700 (~ 1.2),> 600 and today 500(1 ec)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Beginnings

New Beginnings

I dropped seeds 11 days ago. 7 unknown strains from cali dispensary in water with a touch of sea 90 minerals. All 7 cracked, BUT, so far, only 3 sprouted Sigh

Anyway, they've been in the kitchen window, which doesn't get a ton of light, so I set up my DIY bubble bath (4 air stones+ large pump) and put them into coco net pot liners (soaked in veg nutes @ ~ 185; pH 5.7) which were inserted into 3" net pots

Light is T5 leds: 3@ 6500 + one 3000

Nutrients NPK Raw + a splash of Emerald Harvest CaMg@ total ~ 185ppm. Lessons learned from last grow will be applied

Once the roots get established I plan to move them into a lpa set up

View attachment 436487 View attachment 436488 View attachment 436489

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Checking finishing plant this morning, the cube came apart and the entire plant fell over during the night

Nutes in the bottom tent cover. Phew, nutes did not make it to the floor, but will use my small cement mixing tubs from now on.

I planned on making a fresh veg solution (more N) < 350 as the leaves have lost most of their chlorophyll and there's ~ 10 days left

Fortunately, no snapped branches

Babies: none of the seeds popped, so I dropped more seeds directly into the coco pellets

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babies update: 3 solid citizens, plus, 2 more broke ground since moving them from window to the t5s :woohoo:

Damn the sat is taking her sweet time. Now ~ 2.5 months in flower with maybe 5-7 more days

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had to change lights over the babies this morning

My 8 bulb Quantum BadBoy went 'click' this morning: 2/4 bulbs went dark

Rather than mess with it, I decided to put my Amare Technologies SE 220 (CoB Hybrid) back into service

This is actually better as the BB needed to be kept so close that I could not rotate ice bottles to keep rez cool

View attachment 437765 View attachment 437766

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last grow was far from great, due to pilot error of mixing amendments into NPK RAWs already complete Grow/Bloom dry formulas. No doubt some them did not like hydro

Yesterday I checked root development. 5 plants total. Plants ar growing great, but some roots were only coming out the bottom of the net pots, while others were growing out the sides and bottoms. WTF?

So today, after watching NPK YT Microbes video, I had an idea

I mixed a very small amount of RAW veg Microbes loaded a syringe and squirted directly onto the coco pellets that already have young plants growing in them. Hopefully, this will promote more roots developing near the main stalk, without affecting the nutrient bath.

One dose should do it, to be repeated when I switch to NPK Bloom nutes, using their Bloom Microbes
:tiphat:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's an interesting conversation on another thread about DO

So, I've been thinking and searching YT for DO generators

Cheapest I've seen that looks like it will work: cost $175, but how to measure the effect?

I googled Dissolved Oxygen Meters finding they range from ~ $150>

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Eco...K5EJR5TPHQNGAS

Are they worth it?

I already have a 4 outlet air pump (used in my baby crib to start seedlings/clones), which may or may not provide more DO than what I am currently using in my grow room rez (igloo cooler), a 260 gph lp side flow pump (water exits down low on one side). I have a venturi attached to the top exit, significantly enhancing DO. This set up is on a deep cycle timer 4 minutes on/ 30 minutes off. I do rotate blue ice packs, but quite often rez temp exceeds 74*s. I'm thinking the place to start (for me) is a DO meter, then I can more accurately dial in the pump o/o times. Anybody?

Assuming controlling DO raises final weight by as little as 5 grams/plant, even with one plant over 3 grows pretty much pays for it.

Anybody know of cheaper DO meters?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No wonder my seedlings leafs are greenish yellow.

I just checked pH: it was over 7.5!

damn, I adjusted it a couple days ago, too

Stay vigilant my friends