What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diplomacy (and the lack thereof) Anyone else have issues with it, but only online?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
LOL

When people meet me in person it's a delight. When people meet me, who know me only through my online presence, they're quite surprised. Offline, people call me awesome, super and a lot of fun to be around. Online, the response is different. hehehehe

Though I've worked hard on diplomacy, since I met my wife (15 years now), I feel I'm still sadly lacking it in my online persona. Awareness is a powerful thing and still I have significant issues with it.

Anyone else dealing with this? :tiphat:

cravin morehead

Veteran
who cares what people think, have you met a lot of people out in the world? I'm better off just with my group of close friends. most people suck. I'm sure by reading my posts you probably are picturing an incredibly handsome guy. meet me in person well... you were right

cm

Douglas.Curtis

who cares what people think, have you met a lot of people out in the world? I'm better off just with my group of close friends. most people suck. I'm sure by reading my posts you probably are picturing an incredibly handsome guy. meet me in person well... you were right

cm
Oh, lol, I don't care what people think. Their own misconceptions are their problem. Just curious if others have the same issue.

I've met an amazing number of people in many states, and yes, the majority have truly crappy programming. The same folk, with decent programming, would be truly wonderful. :tiphat:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
you don't care what people think and then wonder why your online candor isn't appreciated

Thomas Jefferson was quoted In matters of taste swim with the fish in matters of principle stand like a rock

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I think most people get really irritated when they hear a honest but conflicting if not delusional viewpoints of others (or one that stirs something up in the reader's conscience that they have a hard time contending with)

being shocked and served by those viewpoints is something pot heads have to contend with if they are ringing their bell on strong weeds all day

ohh no my buzz was crushed by a conflicting view, I feel like a slug that has be salted, ohh woe is me.

Douglas.Curtis

delusional viewpoints
Yes, your diplomacy has you about 2 seconds from going on my ignore list. The result of multiple threads you've participated in. I'm sure this comes as no shock to you.

I don't care what people think about me in person either, I know myself far too well to be bothered by the uneducated. Those who are stable and well adjusted appreciate their time around me. :tiphat:

The only people who don't like me are those who hate themselves. Tough for them to see a happy guy who has it together. Rather a slap in the face for them.

Their loss. :) I don't waste time with folks who have self-esteem issues. Life is too short. lol

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Yes, your diplomacy has you about 2 seconds from going on my ignore list. The result of multiple threads you've participated in. I'm sure this comes as no shock to you.

I don't care what people think about me in person either, I know myself far too well to be bothered by the uneducated. Those who are stable and well adjusted appreciate their time around me. :tiphat:

The only people who don't like me are those who hate themselves. Tough for them to see a happy guy who has it together. Rather a slap in the face for them.

Their loss. :) I don't waste time with folks who have self-esteem issues. Life is too short. lol

if anything you where typing where real you wouldn't be here typing it

seems like you don't understand your own subconscious too well

there here internet is nothing but words so please ignore me all you want, I challenge delusion with logic and the very simple way to make me look like an asshole is to bring superior logic to the table

it is one thing to be educated it is another to command logic in such a manner that truth itself it the basis of the argument

most people argue from the basis of their deluded perception

LOL imagine people actually kept me on ignore after they promised to? there is a reason they can't

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'd bet MOST people are easier to deal with in person than on-line. there is no sarcasticon to show you don't really mean something for example. that said, folks that act like assholes generally are in real life too...:biggrin:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome to the anonymity of the internet. Where 99% of people type out things they would never, ever say in real life.

The key is to buck that trend. You wanker! :lol:

Douglas.Curtis

:laughing: ..... personally OP, I'd be interested in what your friends say when your back is turned!:tiphat:
The same things they say to my face. I used to have issues keeping my diplomacy when smoking a grower's product, now I just leave how bad it is alone and focus on non-cannabis conversation. When a grower is receptive to new information (rare, but it happens) we have great conversations about it. :tiphat:

Yes, things are lost in translation online. lol A lot of what I type is much funnier in person. ;)

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: ..... personally OP, I'd be interested in what your friends say when your back is turned!:tiphat:
I have very few people I call friend. And we have a standing rule - the only time we are allowed to talk about someone behind their back is when we are working on a new way to rip on them. :rofl:

It seems to work.

Douglas.Curtis

I have very few people I call friend. And we have a standing rule - the only time we are allowed to talk about someone behind their back is when we are working on a new way to rip on them. :rofl:

It seems to work.
Makes sense. :) I too have found few people with decent enough programming to call a friend. Most are caught up in drama, drama, drama. :)

DAT

LOL

When people meet me in person it's a delight. When people meet me, who know me only through my online presence, they're quite surprised. Offline, people call me awesome, super and a lot of fun to be around. Online, the response is different. hehehehe

Though I've worked hard on diplomacy, since I met my wife (15 years now), I feel I'm still sadly lacking it in my online persona. Awareness is a powerful thing and still I have significant issues with it.

Anyone else dealing with this? :tiphat:
Here are some suggestions to help you.
:)What kind of mood are you in as you get ready to post a reply?
posting when your in an upbeat positive mood will make it easier for you to sound positive and upbeat.
Try using colorful positive words. :biggrin:
Smile while you type your posts. Its like when your smiling on the phone and people can feel the smile, same rings true when your smiling and posting.:biggrin:
Try to be as constructive as possible.
If you haven't got anything nice to say in a constructive way then simply don't post until you do.
I hope those things help you and good luck my friend! :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Here are some suggestions to help you.
:)What kind of mood are you in as you get ready to post a reply?
posting when your in an upbeat positive mood will make it easier for you to sound positive and upbeat.
Try using colorful positive words. :biggrin:
Smile while you type your posts. Its like when your smiling on the phone and people can feel the smile, same rings true when your smiling and posting.:biggrin:
Try to be as constructive as possible.
If you haven't got anything nice to say in a constructive way then simply don't post until you do.
I hope those things help you and good luck my friend! :tiphat:
All very excellent suggestions. Thank you and I'll work on keeping them in mind. :D