What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Key to Nutrient Deficiencies in Cannabis

Cannabologist

Veteran
- This is from an old paper titled “Time Factor in Utilization of Mineral Nutrients of Hemp” but is still quite relevant and to my knowledge one of the best (if perhaps only) good actual scientific study on cannabis that actually accurately identifies deficiencies. Hopefully these slides will be of further use to everyone in identifying problems within your gardens.

- If anyone has any other papers or accurate information from reputable sources please post them (i know there are lots of books but the info is not easily referenced in a short summarized form as I have depicted below). The sticky guides above are great but tbo imo need more pictures and updating for better referencing.

- Unfortunately the pictures are not in color. It is available online with some searching in whole, but this is a great breakdown in jpeg slide format that one can use for reference.

- Note the similarities in K and Ca deficiencies (I see many posts with this same thing, and people labeling such deficiency in the same way) ;-D

Attachments

• Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis A.jpg
    Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis A.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis Figures B.jpg
    Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis Figures B.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis Key Summary A.jpg
    Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis Key Summary A.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis Table Summary B.jpg
    Nutrient Deficiency Signs in Cannabis Table Summary B.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
- This is from an old paper titled “Time Factor in Utilization of Mineral Nutrients of Hemp” but is still quite relevant and to my knowledge one of the best (if perhaps only) good actual scientific study on cannabis that actually accurately identifies deficiencies. Hopefully these slides will be of further use to everyone in identifying problems within your gardens.

- If anyone has any other papers or accurate information from reputable sources please post them (i know there are lots of books but the info is not easily referenced in a short summarized form as I have depicted below). The sticky guides above are great but tbo imo need more pictures and updating for better referencing.

- Unfortunately the pictures are not in color. It is available online with some searching in whole, but this is a great breakdown in jpeg slide format that one can use for reference.

- Note the similarities in K and Ca deficiencies (I see many posts with this same thing, and people labeling such deficiency in the same way) ;-D

The whole article is here: https://goo.gl/L35nLU plus a bunch of other goodies.

Sister Mary did a pretty decent job, but she didn't understand nor even look at antagonisms nor synergisms in nutrition. P was never even discussed.

Some other good stuff there too.

Enjoy.