What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains for pain relief.

Pax_Lover

While I know I will never be trully pain free ever again, MMJ works so much better in the long run than taking Opiates.

StephenX

Indicas are good for pain. I like Pot of Gold by flying dutchmen and use it for pain. On really bad days with lots of inflammation and muscle spasms ortega indica does the trick but it's sedating and may put you to sleep. Hope you find something that helps.

Hey Hey, I wanna be sedated!
When the pain is gone I can often find sleep easy to drift into.

Ranger

Chitral Kush, NL # something, still unsure of that one, Ruderalis Indica from Sensi wasn't bad either, although all the phenos I got leaned more towards the Indica side.

Currently trying to pull the Sativa phenos out of that NL I have which it seems to lean 50-50 in that department but it was nice none the less.

I have some First Lady I'm going to do a run on this summer and I have some Mazur I Shariff I'm saving for one fine day to do an outdoor grow since they are known to be monster size trees, as I'm sure both of these would give ample pain relief.

Chillb

From what's I've read Herijuana is supposed to be excellent for pain, joint issues, arthritis, and insomnia. I do not have personal experience with it yet, maybe others can chime in about it.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am finding some help from the AK-47 from Elemental San Jose

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Analgesic Strains

Analgesic Strains

Great point, really does go more to the soporific if left to go a little over ripe!

Here's the list so far, please get involved if you have any further info on any of the strains listed, availability, grow tips etc and any more personal recommendations.
I think this may prove to be a really useful resource for those of us seeking chronic pain relief and I thank you all for your contributions.
Regards and happy growing!:tiphat:

• Pot of Gold – Flying Dutchmen
• UK Cheese
• Sour Bubble
• Bubba
• Bubba Kush
• Bobblegum - BOG
• Lifesaver – BOG
• Panama Red (Rare)
• Holland Hope
• Chem Dawg
• Flo
• Purple
• Headband
• Ultimate Indica – Legion
• Harlequin (High CBD – Low THC)
• Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (SSSD) Recommended *
• Cannatonic
• Purple Indica – BC
• Chitral Kush – NL
• Ruderalis Indica – Sensi
• Herijuana
• AK-47 – Elemental San Jose

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strains for Pain-Relief

Strains for Pain-Relief

Hi Folks,
Further to my previous post, the list of 'analgesic' strains is growing and I'd like to share it with you.
Making a bit of an appeal at the same time people; all contributions to this Chronic Pain Club will be gratefully received and a little help in developing this list will be appreciated. More crucially, as this list grows it will need to be condensed into the best ten perhaps, as nobody is really in the position to go and buy all of these. Some of these have come from seed purveyors, no-doubt from feedback from their customers but I am ever cynical and so this list needs a little more refinement and justification from personal experience, for it to become truly valuable to sufferers of chronic pain, in my opinion.

Other strains good for pain recommended;
• Purple Kush
• White Widow (Not brilliant in my opinion)
• Blue Dream
• Green Crack
• Blueberry Headband
• Girl Scout Cookies
• OG Kush
• Granddaddy Purple
• Original Glue
• G4
• Durban Poison
• Northern Lights
• Trainwreck
• Blue Cheese
• Strawberry Cough
• Blueberry
• Super Silver Haze
• Super Lemon Haze
• Amnesia Haze
• Cheese (?)
• Master Kush
• God's Gift
• Tahoe OG
• Afghan Kush
• White Rhino

If you can add to this list in whatever way; more pain-killing strains or additional info on any of the strains listed, it would be greatly appreciated. Please give clear indications if you can, about exactly what benefit a particular strain offered you, or if the reverse is true and you think the strain shouldn’t be on the list, please do the same.
Further to this, if you have any tips from personal experience of growing of these medicinal strains, please do share these here at the ‘Chronic Pain Club’, as it could make a great deal of difference to those of us struggling to grow our own medicine. Also who supplies these strains would be an invaluable addition but I will research this myself and add as much detail to this report as I can over the coming weeks.

Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

Rehho

I think that you need to consult a doctor first. If you pinch the nerve in your back, then marijuana will not help you, you need a good chiropractor. I know that such strains as http://www.ncsm.nl/strain/girl-scout-cookies well cope with a muscle pain. I don't like 100% indica strains, I prefer that in the marijuana there was at least a small amount of sativa. This marijuana improves mood, but at the same time it relaxes perfectly, I sleep well and it helps me with a headache. I believe that this will perfectly help with back pain.

Rente Mailad

I was looking for a right marijuana strain that could help me with my chronic back pain. I'm suffering from it for almost 2 months now I just don't know if it's connected to my work since I'm sitting more or less 9 hours. I came a cross with this marijuana strain CBD Medi Kush from https://eu.gyo.green/spliff-seeds-cbd-medi-kush-spl-cmk-f.html . This is the first time that I would be taking medical marijuana I'm not sure if this would be effective with my back pain. Also is there any other way using it medically?

insomniac_AU

I was looking for a right marijuana strain that could help me with my chronic back pain. I'm suffering from it for almost 2 months now I just don't know if it's connected to my work since I'm sitting more or less 9 hours. I came a cross with this marijuana strain CBD Medi Kush from https://eu.gyo.green/spliff-seeds-cbd-medi-kush-spl-cmk-f.html . This is the first time that I would be taking medical marijuana I'm not sure if this would be effective with my back pain. Also is there any other way using it medically?
Hi RM! I'm not a doctor but common sense and my own experience tells me your back pain is almost certainly related to your job or at least aggravating it.
High CBD strains are generally good for pain so that should be effective. There are a huge range of CBD strains available these days so you have choices.
There are many ways to use cannabis medically. If you don't like smoking you could try vaping or edibles, tinctures, topicals etc.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
bumping this thread.

any break throughs for strains that help with pain?
ive heard lemon flavored varieties are helpful?

i recently acquired some new pains. And i already had plenty of pain before this folly...