What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"HOW-TO" to build a 100% working/stealthy PC-Grow-Case ~ AND grow review

heinrich1970

Extremely nice work you did there.
Interesting fact that the fan can suck through such a thick layer of carbon. They usually cannot do more than an inch. You chose this model for it's pressure reading, wise choice!
That may help others designing a filter.

Thanks for the really good documentation in text, pictures and video!

Anyone noticed he uses BioBizz the whole program but a Canna lighter for size comparison?^^

TeriYaki

@Cloemobile
Those are 144$ on ebay. I had luck, I got them from a mate for 100Euro both.

@Heinrich1970
Only a handful of PC fans can provide such preassure. The Static Pressure 5.68mm/H2O of the SilverStone FM 122 is unique. With 99% of PC fans you would fail ...

Anyone noticed he uses BioBizz the whole program but a Canna lighter for size comparison?^^
:) ... I am not in possession of a BioBizz Lighter!

Cheers
Piotr

beautiful box

if i may ask you for a huge favor: could you pls take a pic of whole box, opened?
I want to see how much space the carbon filter takes from the box

i'm trying to build me a filter and space in these boxes is at premium...

thanks again

TeriYaki

@Whitebud
sorry, I don't know this LED-lams, can't say anything about it ...

@KRANKENWAGEN

hilft das Foto:
ist übrigens von meinem jetztigen grow:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257728

picture.php

Lg
Piotr

pelmeni

Emergency shutdown

Emergency shutdown

Great stuff!

Please, could you help to find the emergency system that you used. Is it on amazon or ebay?

Do you think it makes sense to make a height-adjustable lights in such a small growbox?

anon1337

One of the best pc grow boxes I've seen. Going to build a clone box for next grow in a month and just needed to do some research to confirm that its possible to make decent boxes. My clone box needs less light and less of everything tbh, but if it works with regular grows it should do wonders for a clone box. Just a few inputs and tweaks, as I'm sure you don't need to implement them, but just for the random reader and potential builder.

Most cpu fans can run a carbon filter. The one you got is extremely strong, over twice the static pressure of the Nocturna CPU fans. This enables it to pull trough a small carbon scrubber as yours. A tweak could be making the whole left wall a carbon scrubber. One flat 1/2-1 inch carbon scrubber wall, with maybe 1/2 inch space to the motherboard ports graphic card etc. and 1/2 inch spacing to a flat wall with 1 fan connected on the middle of it pushing air into the first 1/2 inch room, then it will be pushed trough the massive thin carbon filter, then it would seep out all the small fan holes and port holes on the back side. You can then actually just dremmel away the mother board, graphic card etc so only the ports show on the outside. You can also dremmel the whole power supply and rewire it so that you can plug you only power cord from the outside into the actual pc power supply and have it run the fans light and water pump. The carbon scrubber wall will make it light tight so that the holes and fan grills etc just shows a natural dark inside, instead of the usual tape or whatever they use to plug these holes.

Pc fans are designed to push not pull, so should always push, a lot larger grows such a mini fridge etc and also just run pc fans with scrubbers no problem, the trick is to have super oversized carbon scrubbers so that you don't have any resistance. The sealing is rarely used a grow room, and can often be used by just one big carbon scrubber screen. The rise of hot air and direct push without any angles will also optimise the scrubber.

You can also run a extremely shallow DWC in a pc, increasing the head room by quite a bit. If you run PPl 55w or 36w in the roof you can also run a even slimmer light setup, and put the transformers in the gap outside the carbon scrubber making it less heat then your led i would guess.. and a lot cheaper.

Good job on the post, there are just way to many bad pc grows out there, good to se someone getting great results. Probably gonna go over to pc only when i don't got so many friends to feed :p

early_bird

Veteran
@TeriYaki
I have the same computer now and try to rebuild that, it´s so genius it´s worth to copy :)
I´m not sure if i can do some improvments because it look very perfect.

Have you removed the inner frame from the left side of the pc-case ?
I mean the inner side-wall of the left side of the case. On the top there is something like a L-Bracket which steals some space inside. But it seems hard to remove all this piece :(

GGuerilla

Hey mate,

I took your case as a blueprint for mine, I got a new Chieftech Mesh B01 Tower already set up with my own carbon filter (improved version) and a 25x3W LED. Mylar as a reflective material, Ultra Kaze 3000 as outtake, some Arctic P9 as intake. Looking to build another PC grow box with "normal" size and cfl, everything automatically controlled (drainage, temperature->touchscreen fan speed controller :D ).

I have grown in a pc case before, but this seems to be the best one I found on the internet. And believe me, I spent years looking for a model that is small enough to be stealthy and big enough to produce some decent bud.

I am looking forward to present my case in this forum, with pics and costs and shit. And you Sir, will be featured in my thread, that's for sure :)

Great work, you have been the inspiration for me.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking to build another PC grow box with "normal" size and cfl, everything automatically controlled (drainage, temperature->touchscreen fan speed controller :D ).

Will you be using arduino controller? Seems like a great ideea, except touchscreen lcd takes a lot of pins.

Latest posts

Latest posts