What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Full Flower No Smell

downtoearth

I have a full sized haze sativa in week 3 of flowering. She doesn't smell at all. She's never smelled. Is this normal? :)

two weeks and you are asking these kinds of questions?
wow, can i ask you if your kid in that picture has graduated from high school yet?

señorsloth

Veteran
no he isn't a troll, it's just a newb question...one that could have been answered pretty easily if you had googled it. people get annoyed repeating the same answers to the same questions, especially when the question itself makes us wonder if you ever have grown before, which you are claiming to have...also having an actual strain will help, as some bagseed "sativa" could be total junk, and without proven genetics you can't really expect a strong scent...for all you know the seeds were a result of cross pollination from some hemp or just a really hermy plant nearby...not the kind of genetics you want to grow...although even hemp smells good...most strains don't smell much in veg and early flower compared to the last 2-3 weeks before harvest, and many people harvest much too early, and have no idea how strong they can stink in late budding!and YES THERE ARE A LOT OF DUMB QUESTIONS! some strains smell all the time, my og kush reaks even as a newly rooted clone, yet my chemdog doesn't smell at all untill week 10-12 then it just reaks like nothing else...a pure sativa can bud for 14 to 20 weeks...2 weeks in is not even enough time to really be into full bud, and ripening will be several months away still, you cant expect much at this point. the fact that you wasted the time to make a thread after 2 weeks without even bothering to search belies your inexperience, and yes, it's a pretty dumb question, akin to the old "why does my 3 day old sprout have a purple stem". i don't know why i bother, because the " when can i see trichs" is another one of those questions, asked by every single lazy greenhorn on the net, there are THOUSANDS of this question and it's answers pasted all over the internet. the answer is simple, it varies from strain to strain, and as you don't know the strain, there is no way to know. with sativas you have to realize everything is on an extended time table, my strains usually show around 3-4 weeks in but a sativa could likely take up to twice as long to start showing trichomes.

Hamburglar

Re-read Sloth's post, he DID answer your question, as well as about 5 more questions that you'll likely be asking in the future.

you poor slobs now dig: i have several strains that you have to stick your nose right into the bud even the day it is picked in order to smell ANYTHING. i dont know why i bother... nobody on this site has ever asked more stupid questions than ME. i guess that's why i read these cone-head questions, simply for the entertainment value! but holy fuck! three weeks in? get real. it IS all about genetics. around here there are alot of peeps that DONT want any smell because it's a dead giveaway. hadda strain you could smell outside and downstairs once. it went bye bye in a hell of a hurry because i dont have and can't afford an elaborate carbon filter set up. much easier to grow stuff that doesnt reak! after curing tho, THAT'S a different story.

Crush

My cat's breath smells like catfood.

1344310069_6b360890aa.jpg