What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What causes burnt Pistil's AkA White hairs?

picture.php

picture.php

I will fill out more when I have time.
I was just wanting a list of things that cause just the tips of the pistil to turn and or singe.

HindukushMaster

that aint burned bro, that looks normal. u didnt happen to spary any solution or nute water by accident on them tho??? That could infact show burn to a leaf or bud i would think

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUP

WRONG Oh clueless one!!!!

Last edited:
:wallbash:Well the 3 week old plants in the photos I had all the hairs turned red on them with little popcorn nugs so I had to harvest them big waste of time and money.

and NO They were not suppose to look that way.

Yes some hairs turn brown as the plant gets older, While more keep growing and some stay white untell harvest.

:wallbash:Now Look at the first photo it looks like I had all the tipps of the hairs dyed red.Who thinks that is normal?Pistils do not all change at once from the top down I do know this.

:noway:What I want to Know is list of things that can cause just the tips of the pistil's to turn and or singe?

Please helpfull comments only I know what a healthy plant is supposed to look like,this is not my first grow.

Sir.S.S.

M

moses224

That is normal

EDIT: In regards to your comment below I wont even comment how much I harvested cause im not like that "my cars faster then yourz bullshit. But what you are seeing is not a deficiency

OMG im dealing with some dumb asses here.

I harvested at 3 weeks because all the pistils were dry and DEAD the plant was a waste of space.

At week 3 maybe 5% of the pistils should be red/brown and they start from the bottom up.

Pistals Do not all change at the same time with just the tips shriveled WTF?
Now When you move a leaf away ya some pistals with be red/brown where the leaf touches it,and ya when you handle or brush up against the pistals they will turn brown,Or if you foliar spray them with the wrong stuff or in the light.

But I did none of these things

I have a 10 K perpetual grow now for the last 3 years.I grew over 100 lbs outdoor in my life.I know what the fuck im talking about.

I grow Kaia Kush in rockwool hydroton coco and soil I run DWC ebb and flow drain to waste and organic.

I have grown about every way you can and used all the top nutes.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS a list of things that can cause just the tips of the pistil's to turn and or singe when its not time for them to mature?

Plz no more kids with small grow's

This was my last harvest a 14x14 room with a fence on the celing.

picture.php

Sir.S.S.

dbfr3sh

normal bro. i got em. sometimes leaves brush up against them or your hand or something. totally normal. if youve grown as much as you say you wouldnt have pulled at 3 weeks, what benefit could you get from that? id make that bitch suffer till at least 7 weeks. your right BIG WASTE OF TIME

I only had 1 plant stigmas turn all red and muture that I harvested.

The rest of the 699 are at all stages where know one has ever touched and should not look crisp and burnt just at the top of the pistils on every one of them.

Now look these are normal hairs not mine
picture.php

See how not all the hairs are turning and not just the tips
picture.php

Mine
its on all parts of the plant all the tips are brown and the base is still bright white.
picture.php

Do they look the same?

Sir.S.S.

Well trimming up that little plant I found a few green seed's and 1 open flower on one of the nugs. Allso there was a small light leak in the room where a hose was going through the wall.Fixed that.

Now that explanes that plant but the other's with just the tips burnt on 100% of the hairs but just the top 1/5th of the hair.

I think it could be because I just put in a new propane heater in the room to keep the temps @ 60-75 at night when I run my light's.Befor that the temps were droping in to the
50's.

So Do you guy's thank that adding a propane heater in the room could cause that?

My RH don't drop below 50% I found that I can grow bigger plants faster at a higher RM rather then at 30%.

And thank you guys who spoke of Pollination and foliar spray's much love for your wise words.

And to the people who said that it was normal im sorry if I hurt any ones feelings But I do know that what I am seeing is not normal to my grow and my flowering schedule.

Sir.S.S.

Hash Man

i too have wondered about propane heaters in relation to their light spectrum during the dark cycle. but it has not hurt my plants pistils in any way.

In my 12/12 the lights on at night to keep the temps down in the daytime, but sometimes I run a propane when the nights get cold but its allways with the lights on.

Well thanks for you your help guys,But I never did get a answer to my original question.

What is a list of things that can cause just the tips of the pistil's to turn and or singe when its not time for them to mature?

Maybe I can list some things that ""might"" cause this?
To much airflow.
Not enough airflow.
To close to the lights.
Too many ppm of a certain nutrient in the medium.
A big PH swing .
Too much or to little (Co2)
Too much (CO) in the room.
To high of temp in the room.
To low of RH in the room.
Foliar feed with (H2o2) an oxidizer.
Foliar feed with a pesticide or nute mix.
Sulfer burner in next room leaked in.
Plant turns hermaphrodite.
Plant got pollinated.
Light Leak.

If any one else has any idea's I would love to hear them.

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
my list

it could be
1.pollination from a hiddin shim
2.to close to the light ?
3.fan blowing hot air down on them (drying them out?)
4.not anuff air ? suffocating

ive got the same as you, looks like i would be stuck to..hope you get it sorted bro:yes: