What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(the free grow show)

brendon420

hi, im bren. i havent been on here in ages. i was over at ******** but that spot is dusted apparently. good to see this place still kickin.

um. so the whole point of this thread is showcase my journey with trying to explore growing quality cannabis with little to no money. fur reel.

i am studying horticulture in school and it has unveiled a few truths for me. learning about soils and edaphology. so cool. so fascinating. so much to repair.

i also became aware of the amount of stuff i enjoy that my plants also would appreciate. i learned about mycorrhizae.....i learned about the conversation that can be had if you learn to listen...

it seems all the newest break throughs in growing science are pretty basic when you articulate them. insect frasS? dead insect bodies? good for the soil? no shit? sorry if im coming off as an ass hat.

so on with the images of my work. and some short back story. i am probably just going to copy paste the text because i am not about that.

um im a techtard and this might not work but maybe photos will show up

here
1118171522_Film4.jpg

1104171231.jpg

this is the last seasons haul

started with a bunch, ended with a few. got about 2 pounds from 3 plants. again not a dime spent, other than water.

the greatest asset i have for my garden is my army of worms.( red wriggler, earthworms, other?) I have been slowly gathering worms from the backyard of my house and by now i have probably north of a million friends. they eat all my kitchen scraps, and just keep multiplying.

brendon420

questions and stuff

questions and stuff

here is all that ******** copy paste, have fun lol

this was all last years crop..

it was just random stuff i had laying around.

the two sativa bushes got pollinated...thNks neighbors...

now there are seeds growing out of the cracks

those photos will come as im already dealing with plants that have sprouted naturally.

i have not actually intended to sprout any seeds until around now, but i have an army of seedlings from making hash

i have the seeded plots where the plants grew

i have seeds popping up in the patio cracks

HERES THE GREAT NEWS I NEIGHBOR ADMITTED THAT THE POLLEN MOST LIKEY CAME FROM A HERMAPHRODITE

whats that mean? i am purveying fields of garbage?

well this season should be interesting

so i have a myriad of questions that are currently being tested as theories.

the last question above is a serious one. am i growing crap seeds from allegedly hermaphrodite male?

another of them is them is related to giant cactus plants..I have made a few hugelkultures (sp) and find them to be a good use of excess material...
so these cactus plants/ trees? are massive and juicy.... (get to the point) Could I bury one of these cactus steaks and with my soil mixture and expect it to be a great source of water? i would assume an army of cactus plants would follow... or a mine of liquid...
ill update this thread with anything i find interesting...

brendon420

more dumb deets

more dumb deets

i have also been bringing home kelp from the beach....let it sit in a bucket of water for a month. dont forget to wash it off at the beach using the public bathroom showers... or just bury it somewhere

using pine litter for the cat and throwing that into the mix. this is one element i am careful with because of the obvious objections...

we just took down an aviary that was a source of parakeet crap and hulled seeds...

its a basic goal but i dont want to spend any money of growing endless amounts of medicine. my grams is 86 now and wants to spread her experience of cannabis healing to the elderly community so i am actively helping to teach her along the way

all of this to amend the "diablo clay" we have here in sunny socal...

now for some of whats up to date

THE PLANTS I AM CURRENTLY GROWING WERE GIVEN TO ME AS STUNTED, OVER NUTRIENT UNDER POTTED..POOR LIGHT CONSIDERATIONS...DESPERATE BABES

I THEYRE SOME VARIETY OF SATIVA ...

I THREW THEM IN SOME BASIC YARD SOIL/ COMPOSTED(PASSIVE) CLAY/LEAVES/ WORM CASTINGS//LEAF MOLD/MATTER AND ACTUAL WORMS (COMPOSTING/ EARTHWORMS)
ALL THAT INTO 3 I THINK 5 OR 6 MAYBE 7 GALLON AIRPOTS. THEYRE NOT MINE I INHERITED THEM.

THEYRE PSYCHED NOW AND DUE TO THE COLD TEMPS WE HAVE HAD (AROUND FREEZING) AT NIGHT, THESE SATIVA NUGLETS ARE TURNING PURPLE AND STARTING TO PACK WEIGHT

WHY ARE THEY PACKING WEIGHT? I AM TRYING OUT A BUNCH OF STUFF LIKE I MENTIONED ABOVE
MY GOALS ARE TO BUILD THE SOIL FOOD WEB WITH COMMON STUFF YOU USUALLY EITHER THROW AWAY OR OVER LOOK

POINT AND CASE AFTER CLEANING OUT THE PANTRY I FOUND OLD BEER (STARCH/SUGAR/ACID) AUNT JEMIMIAHS "MAPLE" SYRUP (SUGAR) AND OLD PANCAKE MIX (STARCH, PRESERVATIVES....JK)

I ALSO BREW LOTS OF KOMBUCHA AND OFTEN TIMES HAVE AN EXCESS OF THE SCOBY......
I BLEND THIS UP WITH WATER AND ADD IT TO THE PLANTS... AGAIN BUILDING THE SOIL FOOD WEB

CALL ME AWFUL, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IM DOING THAT IS GOING TO BITE ME IN THE ASS BECAUSE THESE LADIES ARE ENJOYING THEIR NEW DIGS...

THE FLOWERS ACTUALLY ARE ADDING WEIGHT... ILL THROW PHOTOS SOON

brendon420

junk from otra trucks

junk from otra trucks

this plant was an accidental bonsai, maybe it was the strain, maybe i took too many clones off of it. she stayed small, but produced from pretty indica stoneyness.

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

some dumb back story. i popped seeds in january being ignorant of lights schedules and all. ( i discovered off seasons) they grew, flowered and by early march i had a male and a female. so naturally i made em fuck.

the female that was seeded started revegging, but not before the seeds got pretty big and lucky me, finished in time

the mom went on to flower and thats what you see above.

brendon420

more of my poor children

more of my poor children

i have been fortunate to grow up in southern california. it might be why i like growing stuff so much.. my familys plot is 10k sqft and the house is 2300 of that. that leaves a lot of dirt to play in.

or a lot of weeds. depending on how you view it. recently these past few years i have undertaken the process with my brother to take a measure of pride in our land. i have been studying rainwater harvesting techniques on our property and among other things, there are a myriad of ways to invest in your space without money being spent.

here is the setting

and here are those first two plants as young IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

brendon420

please feel free to call bullshit on anything you find suspect.

i don't know everything and this is mostly an experiment or a conversation with plants mind you

feel free to chime in about the ph of stuff or whatever

i am not precise by any measure, i sort of put my trust in natural laws and proceed from there....

any facts are always welcome!

trump supporters... NOT SO MUCH!!!

brendon420

more potos

more potos

these might have filters on them... sorry for the misrep IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

this is the most sun prone area in the yard. i will try to always make mounds for the plants i want to become gorda

in these boringly similar photos the plant in the foreground was on a mound, and gave me a pound...... i like the sound...of that

the two behind it threw na na's

na na na na!

brendon420

sativaness

sativaness

i lucked out with sativa leaning hybrids this year..

some of you may scowl at that, fluffy airy buds. yea you guessed it.

but i was pleased at the result. good production, healthy steady growth, stony derb and grown in possibly considered a shady area.

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

its funny
for as many clones as i took this year. not one single on worked

i didnt use rooting hormone or any gels. i simply made a small green house set up and placed them in worm castings.

i also tried the chilling technique which is supposed to speed up rooting.

i had success with obtaining root growth, but on many i simply transplanted them too soon....... new beginner impatience. i wasnt listening in the conversation...

anyway, i brought that up to elude to just how much i cut and pruned off all of these poor plants....

all for the sake of learning...

brendon420

Ha! great shadow/stalk pic. Gettin' artsy up in here! :p

chilling technique? I'm not familiar...

hola, right as you take clones, place them in a plastic bag with some water (not much 10z) and then throw that in your fridge for 2 weeks, cheese drawer is my go to but all appliances are different.

the plants go into cryogenic like that which allows them to store up their energy for rooting rather than half for trauma half for rooting, or worse ratios. thats how i understand it...

again, im kind of waiting to get schooled by an actual professional, this is all sort of 'as i understand'

it seems to work well, and if i do a side by side i feel i can tell a difference. maybe this season ill throw up a photo essay.

thanks for your interest

brendon420

the current ones

the current ones

here are some shots of the plants flowering right now,

i dont know if i clarified enough about them. infact i called them sativas, and theyre apparently 'evergreen kush'

weed names mean as much as to me these days as pennies.
please comment on anything you know about them or what ever.

they have turned a slight shade of purple due to the cold temps.

this is my first true foray into the off season and how to stagger plants for year round harvest.

started with 6, down to three, smoked three.

on with the photos
IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

these poor ones came to me with a whole host of bummers. but thats kind of the fun.

you can still see the mites that have been a holes. again i havent really sprayed them with anything, neem oil or toherwise, but i have been giving them a constant earthworm tea dose.

this one has been throwing single leafs its whole time ive known it, maybe threes but thats it.

seemed the most unhappy but as you can see, there is some weight gathering in those flowers

IMG_1143.jpg

brendon420

more photos and um

more photos and um

um,

yeah more photos.

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

to make flowering teas ive been putting old sprouted wheat bread in a bucket with beer and casting tea and letting that sit for a but them pulverising the bread thats not dissolved and feeding that in a 1/3 ration to 3 gallons of water. again, this is all stuff i find that i either need to throw away or dont want.

brendon420

now for the future

now for the future

ill repeat myself again

i made hash with seeded weed. thus is got a folk load of seeds sprouting when i dumped the material in my green bin.

here is the aftermath of that action .

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

good problems to have

see ya around

brendon420

im big on introducing elderly people to cannabis ( those who aren't already turned on)

my grams came to cannabis through cancer, and now is making her own weed leaf juices, etc.

she speaks openly about her treatment and although she doesn't smoke much, she will talk your head off about what she's learned.

I have encouraged her to band together with other cute little old ladies and tell the medical system to fuck off and make their own entity.
marijuana is the vessel.

i gave her friends 30 sproutlings and each one mentioned how theyre going to take great care of them.

this is my newest joy through interacting with marijuana.

we might be at a turning point friends. :)

brendon420

Little ol'lady sounds like a good breeder name lol

grannabis OG

im working on some strains for elderly people. theyre so brain washed about how bad it is they need some non racy, soft high, pleasant what not...sativa leaning with the care free indica quality, the rare balance. +++++cbd

brendon420

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9pG70hWeK/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfKNGZHBu6I/

here are some random links to more photos of the current flowering wemons

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9pC-WBC6E/

they have come along way, mites and all.. i have read about evergreen from greenpoint seeds as i am told thats what they are.
cool. hopefully i can keep them going for another month to kick back to veg.

update on the frontier

65 seedlings happy in the window
6 little plants
3 flowering babes
couple sticks drying

<3 southern californiuhh

chutes

brendon420

hi

hi

hey wheat world
its funny being back on these forums. and realizing talking about growing weed for free, among a community essentially supporting a nutrient and fertilizer industry...

lol silly me

this is evergreen from green point seeds.
read above i dont want to reiterate

good genetics can make sub par growers like yours truly, seem better than they are.

lol. and a good camera. iphone 4 shown below
IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

ive been cutting these plants in stages to watch how they react. theyre still putting on weight but i have been smoking some of what ive been taking off of them. here is some cut 8 days ago.

i believe this is the last plant (in sequence)
IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

MORE SIDEWAYS SHOTS. :moon: