What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

Drewsif

There are new players looking to secure the market for themselves and be rid of the competition and are trying to pass a law proposed by a billionaire.

Shit half them players mod this forum!

Wait until the pollen paintballs and fusarium chemtrails start back up hahaha. The DEA doesn't need to raid you anymore, Monsantos already been handed the good stuff ;)

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#15 I actually thought that big weed would slow down activity with a possible shutdown threat looming. Silly boy, things keep expanding at a fast rate. Large 100' greenhouses are now the official building in the county. One prominent rather notorious site put up a decent looking wood fence to cover up the homeless camp look but then proceeded erecting a 20' tall greenhouse and a fabric fence to cover the greenhouse.
I friend who is better connected than I with the local big time farmers told me about the latest trend. Now I cannot confirm this story but I was told that several 5-10 acre greenhouse sites are in year round production cranking out 1000lbs. plus per week and shipping product back east.If the cops show up at their gate they tell them to call their lawyer and threaten a lawsuit. Nothing scares law enforcement more than lawyers and lawsuits. It does work as demonstrated by the local deep pocket dispensary owner who successfully shut down a entire county's vote on the matter over a technicality.
The same dispensary owner recently wrote a editorial letter to the local newspaper. He cherry picked statistics from last years election stating that the voters had already approved commercial weed. This is from the guy who does not want to let the general population have it's say.
The local organization, Calaveras cannabis alliance (CCA ) goal seems to put a measure on next years ballot regulating and laws to address problems and to shut down any vote that would eliminate big weed.
Big weed sure doesn't want to let the people have a straight up or down vote. Big money speaks loudest
Many small time 200 square foot farmers who signed up for the county program last year are getting out of the program and going back guerrilla, finding it is not worth getting on the county radar and if you get along with your neighbors you will not have any problems with cops.
Large busts continue for unregistered grows. A 1000 plant grow was raided last week that had a similar operation 3 years ago at the same location.
Helicopter action has been non-existent as far as I can tell.

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #16= Greetings from the front lines. It looks like commercial farmers will not have any problems from county supervisors this season. Impotent elected officials seem to not have the will to make hard decisions . Commercial farming continues and expands daily.
I was checking out google earth the other day. Pictures are a bit old from late may 2016. Gardens are easily visible with their geometric precision and quantity. One thing that struck me is the white pvc greenhouse frames , with their covering removed the aerial view reminds me of beached whale skeletons in the sun.
It seems many commercial growers are transitioning more towards year round farming and not just one big outdoor crop a year.
Example= Friends who built their dream house 20 years ago and got hit hard by the Butte fire. House was saved but 90% of their surrounding forest was fried. One of those places that probably would have been better off if it all burnt [ with insurance] They are not into the pot scene and found themselves bordered by 2 commercial farms last year. They vow not to be run out by pot farmers. This year a third farm popped up complete with light dep. operations. My friends complained about smell last year which was from sept. to nov. This year the fragrance started in June from greenhouse / light dep. operation.New grows continue to expand despite the county ban on new grows after may 2016.
New greenhouses are still appearing as white whales in the forest.Cranking out 500 lbs. from a site is small time farming now. I don't know where it all goes but it should make for absurdly low prices when recreational gears up next year.
Many local wineries are getting in in the boom also. Calaveras counties mediterranean climate makes for excellent wine grapes as well as ganga. [ Sorry Humboldt folks, you have the name but we have a better climate for big mold free buds] Wine grapes sell for about 1500$ per ton and an acre will produce 3-6 tons . 1/2 acre of marijuana will sell for 500,000$ +++ if done right. Most grape farmers already have the infrastructure in place and just need a few dump trucks of dirt.
The local paper lists many grow application denials and appeals and they are virtually always denied. Not many big busts lately but we are coming into the time when people get "weird"

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #16. Interesting story on yesterdays sacramento TV news. A story about a smaller forest fire that just happened in Calaveras county. 200 acres or so, small by Cali standards. Almost anywhere in the county below 4000' elevation if 200 acres burns it is likely someones pot farm got fried . The density of farms is that high. The TV story talked about firefighters and access and people problems with the new farms. The camera crew showed a picture of good sized grow maybe 50 feet from the fire station at the center of the fire area, right in the open, mandatory shitty looking fabric fence to conceal the operation? The boldness( or rudeness) of many farmers is mind boggling.
The very next news story is how many residents are fed up with the large number of big unregistered grows and are putting up roadside signs spotlighting locations and posting the sheriffs phone number . The large number of registered grows already is a lot but add in more big unregistered grows and it makes the legal guys look even worse. I think the legal registered farmers need to start self-policing their less scrupulous neighbors. The cops can't do it all.
When Calaveras county makes the TV news it is usually for one of three reasons. Wildfires, weed or serial killers. Yesterday had 2 out of three. The serial killer stories are usually only every 20 years or so.......but it has been awhile.
The period of maximum weirdness starts soon, Rippers, trimmigrants, lots of people needing a shower

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #18= I couldn't resist driving out to check out the area in the aforementioned news story. The road is a typically curvy mountain road and every bend in the road reveals another farm. This in the heart of the Butte fire burn area . Some open vistas reveal multiple farms . The fire station in the TV story has a medium size grow about 100' from their front door but what the news crew didn't show was a bigger grow 100 yards from the fire station and a huge Mcgrow visible across the meadow 1/4 mile away. The fire station is pretty much surrounded by weed.
I didn't see any roadside signs from pissed off locals highlighting unregistered grows location and posting sheriffs #
Calaveras county is currently all smoked out again from a big forest fire down south

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #19= Calaveras sheriffs dept. has hired outside contractors to rip out illegal grows while a cop watches. The sheriffs dept. does not have enough employees to get the job done on their own.
A couple selling land and flipping properties sold land to someone 5years ago and was receiving payments that would pay off the property in about a year. The payments stopped and they received a letter from the county saying they were responsible for the cost of removing a illegal grow and were accumulating a $1000.00 per day fine.
Another guy who has been building his dream house for about 20 years, a piece at a time as money affords. He grows about 2 acres of grapes and makes a few bucks off that. He leased his land for $300,000 per year and has a garden that dwarfs his vineyard and finished his house, bought a new car and dyed his hair a terrible color.
Another vineyard guy and true star asshole has 3 grows going including 3 acres next to his grapes, one grow for his illegal immigrant workers[maybe they can ship it south across the border] and another site he leases out for $50,000 PER MONTH!. The scale of Calaveras weed is truly amazing. The same a-hole likes to rat out small unregistered mom and pop operations to eliminate competition. Big weed is a big problem up here. $400.00 a pound weed will be the result growers have brought upon themselves. Big weed=big greed

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#20= The sheriff stated they give notice to illegal grow operations before they send a eradication team. He said most growers self-eradicate so they don't receive a bill from the county for yanking plants. He also said they have eradicated 15 gardens so far this season. Really? 15 gardens? The sheriffs dept. is on top of the problem, at this rate they should have the illegal grows all cleaned out by 2024

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#21= Somebody's garden is getting eradicated this morning. Spotted a big convoy of approximately 20 vehicles headed out in tight formation at high speed towards calaveras district 2. This many vehicles usually means the feds are involved. Large pickups, suburban type SUV's, trailers to haul out plants. Lots of guys in body armor with machine guns looking very serious. Welcome to Calaveras county

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #22= Holy crap, things in the local weed scene have really blown up this week. The sheriff and other agencies on Monday raided 5 illegal farms. Tuesday they hit another 6 illegal grows. !2,000 plants and they actually arrested 12 people. One place had 8 100' greenhouses. Names of those arrested are mostly Xiong's, Nguyen's , or other S.E. asian names. Before big weed moved into Calaveras county there were not a lot of Asians living up here. It is not a prejudicial thing, Asians just tended to follow the work such as in silicon valley.Many people trying to get in on the greenrush could not meet the county requirement of proof they have grown on their site prior to legalization. The registered legal grows maximum size of 1/2 acre should be enough for anyone but registered and illegal farms seem to often ignore this . Along with the many asian names in the news I see a few old time local names in the denial list of applications.With the arrival of august the time of maximum weirdness is officially upon calaveras county and farm country across cali.
One of the grows busted Tuesday is linked to the "Sugarleaf Rastafarian church". The Sugarleaf church apparently has multiple grows across the state another one of which had 2 cops shot this week. The cops will be OK and the bad guy is dead. I guess it is alright to grow for god or jah or Haile Selassie or the church of the holy almighty greenback. Shame on the big illegal grows, shame

rolandomota

Veteran
Theirs a Bunch of rats in calaveras now that they have a bunxh of competition. Everyone is calling leo to claim a tip reward and to lower the supply of the competition. Shame on who really? Dont answer

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#23= Yesterday sheriff Debasilio was all over TV news talking about
"Operation Terminus". Apparently this a BIG multi agency operation to shut down illegal unregistered grows. Update so far: 23 sites raided, 35 suspects arrested, 27,000 plants yanked out.20 tons for the dump truck to bury. Raids were timed to inflict maximum suffering on the farmer. Some sites on the news had plants that must have been in light Dep. greenhouses and were a couple weeks from harvest. The operation is still in progress and sounds like it will be going on until harvest time is over. Registered growers have nothing to worry about if they have a clean operation. Some locations get ratted out by neighbors but most are so visible by direct observation or google satellite pictures that law enforcement needs little additional help locating sites.Some sites were raided last year and they did it again at the same place this year.
A couple of registered growers were anxious to get on TV and display their grow sites and how it can be done right and legally. It looked like they even took a shower before the news crew started filming.These guys put a better face out there for the public. The news crews always trip out walking through a patch of 8 footers.
A year ago I met a straight couple from the Humboldt area and they told me about the large influx of eastern european mob types and asian farmers up north that came with big weed. The same is happening here. They have no desire to fit in the community. I am glad the sheriff is shutting down illegal grows, they are ruining the lifestyle in the mountains. Registered grows are numerous enough and grow enough weed to get the whole state high.
.......and yes......shame on the slob farmers.....you are not welcome in Calaveras county

calaveras

It ends up the aforementioned "Sugarleaf rastafarian church's " garden which was part of the big bust was 7 ACRES in size. A woman church member being interviewed for TV news said it is permitted since they are a church [of the greenback] . I always knew them rastas liked to puff a fattie but 7 acres ? There must be even more rastas in Cali than LGBTQXYRZ folks.

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles #24= Growers like using the cheesy looking inexpensive fabric fencing to conceal their gardens. I think it may be a requirement of the permitting process to half way hide the garden. Now that is mid-august it is interesting to see big plants a couple of feet taller than the 6' fence. Some gardens are so close to the road that car headlights can cause flowering problems so they add another higher layer of fencing to keep light out.
Another interesting look in the area is all the clear plastic trellis nets covering gardens. The stuff sparkles like diamonds in the sunlight. So much of the gardeners infrastructure puts a spotlight on their location.
The West Point area up here is particularly dense with pot farms. Last year alot of pollen was floating around, who knows if it was on purpose . Don't piss off your neighbor.
Farms that applied for permits last year continue to get denials . The biggest problem seems to be the requirement of proof that you farmed prior to the may 2016 date.Lots of people trying to get in on the green rush last year cannot show evidence of pre-permitted grows. They bought land bought a attorney and just went for it.
You basically have to admit you were breaking the law and show evidence that you were breaking the law. The county goes to google earth and you better have your smart pots in order if you want a farm permit.
As far as I can tell law enforcement has quieted down since the recent big raids.......but....they will be back.....beware unregistered mega- farms....whatcha gunna do when they come for you, bad boys.. bad boys....and girls
P.S. Growers please take a shower before coming to town, many of you smell bad enough to gag a maggot

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#25=I'll say one thing about the farm scene this year, I have never seen so many perfectly green, tall, even height plants in all my life. !00-200 plants in a patch and everything looks absolutely perfect. I'm sure Calaveras county will grow enough to supply the whole state so you other counties can just ship your product to Kansas[ oh colorado has got that covered] or Oregon[ oh they have got their own supply covered] or ....... D.C. they have a big appetite there, yeah Washington D.C. should work, bound to be a lot of smokers there.
One popular local hardware store's parking lot is the local Drugs "R" us. Valley people can come up and deal directly with the grower and pick up an ounce for about 1/3 of dispensary price. It is easy to spot a prospective seller/grower by profiling. Look for dreadlocks, brown beards, little waif girls or follow your nose, not pot smell but human B.O. smell. Don't deal with the 20 year old kids, too flaky.
It seems like it is mostly pot deals but white powder fuels a lot of harvest operations with crews feeding hungry trim machines 24 hours a day for a month straight.
The winemakers have a saying that it takes a lot of beer to make wine meaning that most workers would prefer a cold beer over a glass of zinfandel during the typical warm weather at grape harvest.
Seems it requires a lot of white powder to keep a Twister running all night long.
Growers please remember Golden rule #1 = Shower before coming to town

P.S. Your dreadlocks are full of bugs

calaveras

Calaveras chronicles#26= One thing that really stands out here in Calaveras county is how divided the population is regarding commercial registered cultivation. The Butte fire is nearing it's 2nd anniversary and as a first time witness to a natural disaster it was amazing to see how the community came together to help anyone affected by the fire. It was somewhat like what is going on in Texas right now but on a smaller scale. Everyone but the national guard was here after the fire. Many recovery crews are still here cutting dead burnt trees today.
2016: calaveras supervisors sort of legalize commercial grows and the land boom starts.
Some realtors who cashed in on the boom now have tainted reputations with neighbors and others . It is small town America up here and word spreads quickly via the redneck telegraph. They did well financially ,openly promoting prospective grow sites to cash fat farmers.There are plenty of realtors in the area and if you are shunned you better get your truck drivers license. One guy probably saw the writing on the wall so he put up 4 greenhouses[but one has tomatoes in it] on his land.
Many long time residents are still leaving the area, fed up with the eyesore farms so prevalent in the area.Between the fire and the farmers their calaveras county is gone . I have said it before you big time farmers annoy a lot of locals with your sense of aesthetic or lack of. It really isn't that difficult to run a clean operation and it keeps inspectors happy too.
The way a natural disaster brought people together here big weed had the opposite effect. is it a unnatural disaster? maybe for some, definitely not for all

P.S. farmers words of the day: curb appeal

Latest posts

Latest posts