What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado marijuana prices see huge drop, drug cartels reeling

Wendull C.

Veteran
Sam, how long until the fda reclassifies cannabis in your opinion?

As a guilty indoor guy that does outdoor when water is available(I live in a desert) I have always preferred sohum outs to ins because as you said the sun imparts high and flavor ins can't match.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Thanks, Sam & Donald. I think indoor cannabis can be a lot more consistent than outdoor, but that the best is outdoor & is a lot like vintage wine with even greater nuance. When soil, sun & season come together just so the results can be astounding.

The day will come when cannabis cultivation moves back outdoors where it belongs, when different varieties are grown in places where they do best, when home gardeners can buy clones & seedlings at the garden center like tomato or pepper plants as well.

Meanwhile, some indoor growers will do our best to more closely mimic nature. Philips 315w CDM lighting is as close as I can reasonably get in that regard, so I'll be going to that when the current round finishes in my very modest efforts.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sam, what kind of a yield could you expect from a 10 acre Christmas tree style farm? Just curious.

Most of the best cannabis I have smoked has been grown outdoors under the hid in the sky.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Fuck the cartels, fuck 'em right in the ear. I hope it hurts their "business" so much that they piss off back to that shithole mexico.

Dr.King

Veteran
I am trying to point out that I am aware of the medical uses of Cannabis, that is what I worked on for the last 3 decades, I have the first private Company that was licensed to grow Cannabis by the acre for Medicinal R&D in the world 1992, by the Dutch Ministry of Health.
I saw it coming in the 70's and moved to the Netherlands to began working with Groningen University on a medical Cannabis project I initiated in the mid 80's, that is all I have done for 30 years now.
There is no GMO Cannabis being sold anywhere.
I had a pure CBD variety a decade before the Stanley Bros, I licensed it to GW Pharmaceuticals.
I think you need to take a few steps back and realize there are people in the world that know much more then you about Cannabis. And one last time, I can grow 1 KG clean and dry plants, that you pick your self at a christmas tree style farm, and sell them for $100 dollars easy. I know what it costs to grow a acre of Cannabis outdoors organically I have done this with millions of plants, not thousands. If legal it costs very little.
I have grown hemp in dozens of countries, I am the chairman of the International Hemp Association, for the last 25 years.
I know Cannabis.
I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink......
-SamS

Lol you think you are going to change the entire game to 100 bucks a tree good luck. Maybe in 100 years but you know what it wont matter because we will all be dead by then :woohoo: Seems like you are putting yourself on a pedestal. I respect Resin Seeds because I know what your company has done. It just seems like the rich always try to keep the poor being poor, it's sad. If you can convince the US Government to legalize Cannabis by all mines be my guest. We can't grow acres upon acres of tress so we have to grow by rules. All I know is I am making mine atm way above 100 bucks a tree and will be for the next 70 years I grow or until I die. Pds still going for 1-4k each so I don't know what all the fuss is about lol. Have a good day.

Ps: To the no GMO cannabis, download and watch Weed 3 that came on CNN. They showed it Nation wide...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I think it just comes down to economics dr king,
its costs you and most americans wayy to much to produce your cannabis ,
its not sustainable in the long term .
Cannabis isnt expensive to grow really , i can do it for a lot less than $100 a tree and im not in a 3rd world country ....
I could sell it for less than it cost for you to produce it , and be making a huge profit still ..

Dready_jake

They make more off of coke, heroin, meth, human trafficking, extortion, and murder.

Per gram, yes. But the majority of their business was at one time supported by cannabis and America's prohibition of it

I think it just comes down to economics dr king,
its costs you and most americans wayy to much to produce your cannabis ,
its not sustainable in the long term .
Cannabis isnt expensive to grow really , i can do it for a lot less than $100 a tree and im not in a 3rd world country ....
I could sell it for less than it cost for you to produce it , and be making a huge profit still ..

I MOSTLY agree. I'm rocking LEDs and my electricity bill didnt change a whole lot. Maybe like $10-$15. I love my led. I'm gonna love my next one even more because I'll have built it myself.

But I say that all the time if I had a green house this shit would be almost free. I can't wait to have a yard again...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Lol you think you are going to change the entire game to 100 bucks a tree good luck. Maybe in 100 years but you know what it wont matter because we will all be dead by then :woohoo: Seems like you are putting yourself on a pedestal. I respect Resin Seeds because I know what your company has done.

I am not Resin Seeds, no connection at all
-SamS

It just seems like the rich always try to keep the poor being poor, it's sad. If you can convince the US Government to legalize Cannabis by all mines be my guest. We can't grow acres upon acres of tress so we have to grow by rules. All I know is I am making mine atm way above 100 bucks a tree and will be for the next 70 years I grow or until I die. Pds still going for 1-4k each so I don't know what all the fuss is about lol. Have a good day.

Ps: To the no GMO cannabis, download and watch Weed 3 that came on CNN. They showed it Nation wide...

No GMO cannabis has ever been found that was sold in the USA zero, there are cheap simple easy tests for GMO agricultural products they are easy to test for, why has no one found any?
I could post a link to the Italian scientist that was so sure there was GMO cannabis that she collected samples from worldwide and GMO tested them, zero GMO Cannabis was found.
I just watched the Weed 3 program again and nothing about GMO Cannabis zero, maybe you need to re-watch it and get your facts straight? You have made statement after statement that is wrong
And yet you still post these "Facts" and act surprised that people do not know them.
See you at my Cannabis christmas tree farm opening at a location near you soon.... when I see you I will give you two plants for $100 if you will just admit you were wrong.....
-SamS

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree. The cost to grow cannabis outdoor is inexpensive.. When it does become legal I don't think the price will drop that low. Everyone still wants to keep profits as high as possible.. Just like anything the cost to make or produce is very low.. It can cost you very little to produce that lb but the retail markup is 1000% i'm sure they want to keep it that way.. I don't see it going any lower than 800$lb. For the unique cultivars that price will go up. I think the quality will have a impact on price.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
cannabis tree farms would work some people... but who really wants a kg+ untrimmed weed plant? i just wanna fire up a blunt man. I'll pay for the shucked corn thans

trimming is the ABSOLUTE WORST part of growing IMO. especially with stinky strains that make me feel woozy. so you buy your 1 kg tree, then u have to take it home, trim it, dry it and cure it? i'll stick with cheap ounces

love the idea, just not practical for non-degenerate stoners heh.

my original idea for this post was business ideas for those with 1kg of weed but who actually dont comsume 1kg of cannabis

meanwhile legal cannabis is expensive as F. Taxes. That $100 tree would probably cost $250 after taxes. crazy

Jhhnn

Veteran
No GMO cannabis has ever been found that was sold in the USA zero, there are cheap simple easy tests for GMO agricultural products they are easy to test for, why has no one found any?
I could post a link to the Italian scientist that was so sure there was GMO cannabis that she collected samples from worldwide and GMO tested them, zero GMO Cannabis was found.
I just watched the Weed 3 program again and nothing about GMO Cannabis zero, maybe you need to re-watch it and get your facts straight? You have made statement after statement that is wrong
And yet you still post these "Facts" and act surprised that people do not know them.
See you at my Cannabis christmas tree farm opening at a location near you soon.... when I see you I will give you two plants for $100 if you will just admit you were wrong.....
-SamS

Interesting comparison to a christmas tree farm. It takes a few years & some pruning/training to grow nice 6'-8' trees that sell for $60-80 around here.

Lots of different forces are trying to keep the money in cannabis, maintain black market pricing. That'll work for awhile, but when federal prohibition ends & some state wants their farmers & processors to capture market share they'll blow the bottom out of current pricing.

It'll also open the way for brand name products like blended dry sift. Even though there may be a great deal of variation year to year & batch to batch, they'll blend it together to create a consistent product, like Marlboros or blended whiskey. Much the same can be done w/ any cannabis product.

A lot of current small producers' beliefs are based on the current system, on the way it's been for some years. Little of that applies when a paradigm shift takes place, which is what we're experiencing. Swiss watchmaking is a great example. The invention of the quartz movement & micro lithography destroyed the whole industry.

PM me when the farm is open for business, OK?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
legal cannabis will go the way of tobacco .. growing is cheap the added taxes will make it not so cheap....anyone with good stuff will be able to under cut legal because of the taxes... in the usa the government/states needs a new cash cow to milk dry and fuck senseless.....marijuana will fit the bill.......they still don't like us but they want our money.... I will not play their game after all the lies ,arrests and lives ruined....when they knew all along...I call CONSPIRACY/SHENANIGANS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeehaw..free all weed victims and admit you lied you scumbags...

Dr.King

Veteran
-SamS

"I am not Resin Seeds, no connection at all
-SamS."

If that's true why does it say Resin Breeder under your name? If you aren't you are using their name so I am confused... I have no clue who you are then besides a random Mod. If you aren't a top breeder with multiple years of grows with detailed photos and information. I don't really take your information seriously so there is no point in us speaking back and further to each other any longer. Good luck getting a tree farm in the US dude lol, like I said maybe in 100 years. You can think what you think, I will think what I think. That's it, it's done. Have a nice day.

mack 10

Veteran
Resin breeder? its funny you make the connection to Resin seeds, cause there is non.
what it means is much simpler. As in he breeds plants for high resin count.
to make lots of melty drysift.
Sams really is the Man to go to. he knows his shit.
If anyone was to get a tree farm it would be Sams.:)

Dark Helmet

"I am not Resin Seeds, no connection at all
-SamS."

If that's true why does it say Resin Breeder under your name? If you aren't you are using their name so I am confused... I have no clue who you are then besides a random Mod. If you aren't a top breeder with multiple years of grows with detailed photos and information. I don't really take your information seriously so there is no point in us speaking back and further to each other any longer. Good luck getting a tree farm in the US dude lol, like I said maybe in 100 years. You can think what you think, I will think what I think. That's it, it's done. Have a nice day.

lol @ the resin breeder comment

If you wanna get some info google sam skunkman, then you might get a idea that this guy has probably forgotten more about cannabis then most of us will ever know

Mack pretty much summed it up in the post above

Last edited: