What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shit

zunny

In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be transported by ship and it was also before commercial fertilizer's invention , therefore large shipments of manure were common. It was shipped dry, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once water (at sea) hit it, it not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which
a by product is methane gas. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen. Methane began to build up below deck sand the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!
Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined just what was happening. After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the term "Ship High In Transit" on them which meant for the sailors to stow it high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into
the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Thus evolved the term "S.H.I.T ," (Ship High In Transit) which has come down through the centuries and is in use to this very day.

G

Wikipedia has the word dating back to pre-literate Germanic tribes at the time of the Roman empire. The S.H.I.T story is listed as one of their fake etymologies.

strawdog

"Rule of Thumb"

Apparently this was an old law that stated that you where not allowed to beat your wife with anything thicker than your thumb.

booboy

Now that's a bunch of shit Strawdog. Hell, if your gonna beat her, why not use something thick enough to drive the point across. Maybe a crowbar? Ahahahaha. Naturally, I'm just kidding. Spouse abuse isnt funny at all. Peace from the swamp

G

Hiya Boo!

Good to see you around!

It's...

Lothar of the Hill People

booboy

Lothar, Nice to see you. Had a damascus blade in my hand last week and you came to mind. Hope life is treating you well and the herb is sweet. Still looking for the right piece. Peace from the swamp

G

booboy said:
Now that's a bunch of shit Strawdog. Hell, if your gonna beat her, why not use something thick enough to drive the point across. Maybe a crowbar? Ahahahaha. Naturally, I'm just kidding. Spouse abuse isnt funny at all. Peace from the swamp

HAHAH!!! While spouse abuse isnt funny, that sure was!

:D

H

HellBoy

"To get the Sack"

The origin is somewhat obscure, but it is likely that it rose from the habit of a mechanic on getting a job, taking his own tools to the works. He carried them in a sack, or bag. At the job a locker was provided for him in which to leave his tools during the night. The bag was, it is stated, given to the employer to take care of. When the mechanic left, or was dismissed, he was given the sack in which to carry away his tools.

:eek:

grammychronic

THE MOST POWERFUL WORD
Shit may just be the most powerful word in the English language. You can be shitfaced, shit out of luck or have shit for brains. With a little effort you can get your shit together, find a place for your shit or decide to shit or get off the pot.. You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit and tell others to eat shit and die. You can shit or go blind, have a shit fit or just shit you life away. Some people know their shit and others can’t tell the difference between shit and shineola. There are lucky shits, dumb shits, crazy shits and sweet shits. There is bullshit, horseshit and chicken shit. You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit or duck when shit hit’s the fan. You can give a shit, or serve shit on a shingle. You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit. Some days are colder than shit, hotter than shit or just plain shitty. Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit and there are times when you feel like shit. You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit, or a lot of weird shit. You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle. Sometimes you really need this shit and sometimes you don’t want any shit at all. Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit and other times when you swim in a lake of shit you come out smelling like a rose. When you stop to consider all of the facts it’s the basic building block of creation and remember, once you know your shit, you don’t need to know anything else.
grammychronic :p :p :p

Last edited:

Harley.

Damn guy, loose the caps, that just hurt my eyes and i may go blind......

..or is it this pipeful of skunk......:rolleyes: :D

grammychronic

caps

caps

i'm sorry about the caps......i am fairly new to 'puters and forget it's like yelling :-}} i apologize...no offense. i never yell, just get a little forgetful....
gc :p