What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Willie Nelson takes a hit: arrested on pot charge in Texas

Z

zen_trikester

Willie is a martyr for our cause. Busting Willie Nelson is like hunting deer at a petting zoo... duh! "Oh Look! There goes Willie Nelson's tourbus! Lets go make the news!!!! "

Jed

Eugenics

I'm surprised he wasn't killed in a "shootout" with police, we would do some shady shit like that. Oh, imprisoning an icon is going to change my mind on cannabis. How about don't waste taxpayers money. I hope they recognize this is an endless process, I'm doing my part to overgrow the government. Tit for tat pig motherfuckers, I'm adding another 1800 watts, just in honor of the man, and what he has done for our movement; I'm also going to mail some funds to his lawyer just to add fuel to the fire and help beat this bullshit.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I call Dumbass on Willie, whom I like personally. If not all his music.
I mean to say what were the freaking odds? You know cops in TX have a hard on for weed busts. You know you are a target as you are always sticking your face in High Times and are a known pro-pot activist. You couldn't find another way to transport your weed? Six ounces may not sound like much if you live in Califuckingfornia but anywhere else thats enough weight to spend time in jail, especially since your dumbass has a record. And Texas? Texas for Christ's sake.
Slap!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just goes to show how ridiculous the laws are on cannabis when the law goes about busting 75 year old musical icon's for having a few ounces of 'erb....

....Someone like Willie Nelson is a legend in his own lifetime and has brought decades of good music to many ears most probably due to the fact that he's been stoned and so creative most of his life.....

designer

They have all kinds of mobile and fixed border checks points along that route. They are supposed to be looking for illegal aliens, not an all out shake down. Willie ought to be able to beat this one.

ghostly

I didn't know CA to Austin TX took you out of the fucking country and allowed the FEDERAL FUCK PIGS to raid your shit with out a warrant.

Thank god China will own this shit hole soon enough.

:joint:

lmao-i should practice my mandarine

they usually use those check points to fuck with mexicans... jack boot style

jakeh

I dont think it has been 5 years since he was caught in louisiana with close to a pound on his bus. He got a slap on the wrist and the laws there are much worse than texas. If pot is never legalized the least that could be done is give everyone the same jail time as Willie. Rest assured if Snoop Dog's tour bus got popped with an lb in louisiana or 6 ounces in Texas the treatment would have been different. I would like to know what it would cost the state of texas or the feds to jail him for 6 months vs what they would make taxing his income for 6 months.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
The sick thing is, most of those cops have probably been fans of Willy... yet they blindly follow the law, not thinking for themselves and realizing that this individual has brought love, happiness and peacefulness to everyone he's touched. He doesn't preach negativity and obviously is a good person... but the second he smokes weed, he's 'evil'.

Willie is a hero of the cause. Unfortunately he is an easy target for LEO on the road; like Snoop Dog, and Tommy Chong it is probably a safe bet there is some smoke or more on their tour busses.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
6 months for that...Isn't willie like 90? 6 months in jail for someone that old is plain stupid!!! Hefty fine, and community service is cool, but a 90 yr old in jail for 6 months isn't cool...

OP

diggdugg

Don't we all feel safer now? They got a real menace to society of the street. UNREAL! We don't have a weed problem in Texas, we have a FUCKING PIG problem.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I've read this whole sad thread and only maybe one person has taken away the lesson we should all take away from this. Willie Nelson told the pigs that all the reefer was has. He stood up and took the bust for everyone on that bus. Willie Nelson is a MAN. And God bless him. Wish he was my friend.

Last edited:

dawolf

Willie Nelson is a MAN. And God bless him.

AMEN!

I've read this whole sad thread and only maybe one person has taken away the lesson we should all take away from this. Willie Nelson told the pigs that all the reefer was has. He should up and took the bust for everyone on that bus. Willie Nelson is a MAN. And God bless him. Wish he was my friend.

E

elmanito

Bad publicity for Texas to arrest Willy & give him jail time for 6 months for a few lbs of 'erb.
God will punish Texas with a hurricane next year.:blowbubbles:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

BrainSellz

Veteran
Willie Nelson After His Most Recent Pot Arrest: Let’s Start A Tea Pot Party!

In his first public interview post arrest, Willie tells CelebStoner: “There’s the Tea Party. How about the Teapot Party? Our motto: We lean a little to the left.”

For years NORML’s founder Keith Stroup has admonished cannabis consumers—the tens of millions of cannabis consumers in America—to stop voting for politicians who support arresting cannabis consumers.

If enough cannabis consumers get politically active and organize under Willie Nelson’s ‘Tea Pot Party’, voters in future may have a choice to support bona fide office seekers who support ending Cannabis Prohibition as Willie has just started a Facebook page announcing such.**

**And thereby ending the historical harassment by law enforcement of great musicians from coast to coast.

i posted this in another thread but thought it fit the bill
picture.php

bigAl25

Veteran
Dear Willie, My family's thoughts and prayers are with you. Mucho crap on that shit state Texas and it's I 10 checkpoints in the USA. You are now a crap state that I will boycott until Willie is freed. Next time your in the Hoosier state Willie stop by for some smoked chicken, and a few cold brews. We can listen to you and Bob Marley by the pool after we play 18 holes of golf. Peace and Respect MON
Can rastas join the teapot party?

Latest posts

Latest posts