What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Virus or maybe mites PICS!

Raw710

Just wondering what u think of pics haven't seen any bugs with my scope

Attachments

• IMG_20181029_102526.jpg
    IMG_20181029_102526.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20181129_171642.jpg
    IMG_20181129_171642.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20181102_163245.jpg
    IMG_20181102_163245.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20181203_211156.jpg
    IMG_20181203_211156.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20181203_211221.jpg
    IMG_20181203_211221.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 15

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
interesting

interesting

I don't see any mite damage. Not sure what that is! I would like to keep an eye on this thread to learn more.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Please dont open several threads for one problem. The curling leaves look a little overfed. The bleached part could be several things. Keep looking for bugs.

thailer

Hey Raw710

I saw your other thread yesterday. no one replied to it. you must be worried.

i don't think you have mites or a virus or anything like that. I get that on my leaves sometimes and i'm not positive why. I think it's environment related. wish i could give you better info. i looked for mites for weeks and found none. now i'm in week five of flower and still they're ok.

oldbootz

Veteran
attachment.php

This curling looks like russet mites to me. You need a good scope to see them properly they are very tiny. Do a google search.

Raw710

Hey Raw710

I saw your other thread yesterday. no one replied to it. you must be worried.

i don't think you have mites or a virus or anything like that. I get that on my leaves sometimes and i'm not positive why. I think it's environment related. wish i could give you better info. i looked for mites for weeks and found none. now i'm in week five of flower and still they're ok.

Yes I am very worried about it plants seem to be growing fine I am just worried that I am not going to get the full potential out of plants. I have had russets before and none of the signs I am having are pointing to them.... Besides maybe the curling but when I had russets before the curling was more extensive also I had the bugs on the tips and some of the items of leaves which I have not seen any of

Raw710

Please dont open several threads for one problem. The curling leaves look a little overfed. The bleached part could be several things. Keep looking for bugs.

Yes I'm sorry for opening the other thread I didn't think it posted. I will be more alert next time I post a thread

Raw710

Here are a couple of pics with hooking leave

Attachments

• IMG_20181124_121415.jpg
    IMG_20181124_121415.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20181029_102823.jpg
    IMG_20181029_102823.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20181029_102854.jpg
    IMG_20181029_102854.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 18

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Just wondering what u think of pics haven't seen any bugs with my scope

1. Partial chlorosis of the leaf -> heat damage.

You should check the temperatures at the leaf level when the lamps are on. Remember that the temp below the lamps is always higher than the general room temperature.

2. Early stage magnesium deficiency.

The leaves are very dark green, with darkening of the edges of the leaf.

3. More Potassium.

The stems are very thin and colored red.

4. Lockout vs Deficiency

It could be that the above nutrients are being locked out because the pots are standing on the floor. It is probably best to put something under them, and take them at least an inch off the floor. A folded crate is my favorite solution.

You should check your leaf temperatures and add a magnesium source, depending on what medium and feeding schedule you use.

Raw710

1. Partial chlorosis of the leaf -> heat damage.

You should check the temperatures at the leaf level when the lamps are on. Remember that the temp below the lamps is always higher than the general room temperature.

2. Early stage magnesium deficiency.

The leaves are very dark green, with darkening of the edges of the leaf.

3. More Potassium.

The stems are very thin and colored red.

4. Lockout vs Deficiency

It could be that the above nutrients are being locked out because the pots are standing on the floor. It is probably best to put something under them, and take them at least an inch off the floor. A folded crate is my favorite solution.

You should check your leaf temperatures and add a magnesium source, depending on what medium and feeding schedule you use.

i will try and have to lift them off the ground the stems did come around and they are green but maybe i can run a little bit more K in the mix. Should i maybe add some epsom salt? But you dont think with the hooking it is a virus?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
i will try and have to lift them off the ground the stems did come around and they are green but maybe i can run a little bit more K in the mix. Should i maybe add some epsom salt? But you dont think with the hooking it is a virus?
Most likely it are just nutrient deficiencies/lockouts.

You should always check for insects, because they can also cause what look like nutrient deficiencies.

The solution depends on what medium you're using - rockwool, soil, coco coir. And if you're using filtered water.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The curling in the tips of the leaf edge serrations is just a result of low humidity.

dank.Frank

Raw710

Most likely it are just nutrient deficiencies/lockouts.

You should always check for insects, because they can also cause what look like nutrient deficiencies.

The solution depends on what medium you're using - rockwool, soil, coco coir. And if you're using filtered water.

Yes I'm using ro water and using Coco coir

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Yes I'm using ro water and using Coco coir
Well that's it then.

I have personally put a pinch of magnesium lime in a quart of r/o water, let it stand for a day, and mix it with r/o water at 1:3 parts, and use that to make the nutrient solution.

It works very well.

Raw710

Well that's it then.

I have personally put a pinch of magnesium lime in a quart of r/o water, let it stand for a day, and mix it with r/o water at 1:3 parts, and use that to make the nutrient solution.

It works very well.

Well I have used the same nutrients for quite a while and haven't had an issue but on the other hand I have never ran these new strains either....so maybe you are correct

Latest posts

Latest posts