What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, pop, i was about to say Hawk's recipe sounds like a delicious burger casserole type dish. Have you made these before, hawk? Did you get the recipe online? I see these 2-3 minute videos on facebook where people make delicious looking food, theyre usually pretty inspiring...

Yeah, ur right pop, if i spend $50 with 20% off it'll be $40, so if the pie itself was 30 then it's like only spending 10 bucks more. And yeah, they have lots of other dishes, pasta, desserts, sandwiches, sides, salads, appa so theres lots of other stuff i can get. It's tempting... My cheapness says i would definitely do it if it was like 30% off, but that's just me.:biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I actually got the recipe on YouTube but I'm gonna put some A1 and or whistersher in the meat or something.never done it before but it's so easy the only way I can fuck it up is if I get too wasted before I cook it.but I'm like the drunking master of Kung Fu and cooking! Easy peasy! Lol

Plus a lot of snow melted I just might put a ribeye on the grill.after this weather it feels like a heat wave,right Baba?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i hear you man, the cheapness runs deep in me too
but good food is one of those things i will let myself spend on from time to time
even $30 should get you some good stuff anyplace, man you could surround yourself in all kinds of tacos and still have money left over for that much

30% off would be way better tho

shithawk420

Veteran
I know Giordano's is expensive.too rich for my blood right now but if you've never had that awesome Chicago deep dish you don't know what your missing.its literally one of the best pizza joints in the world IMO.Rossatis is a close second

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i once had lou malnatis
the wife was there and i insisted that she bring me a good deep dish pizza
she brought it home and we heated it up; man, even a day old this was one of the best pies i ever had
i have to try the giordanos , it sounds good

shithawk420

Veteran
IMO opinion Giordano's is better.one of my favorites is the spinach deep dish.lou malnatis is good.you can actually get them shipped to your house via dry ice and it's a little bit more than carry out.think it was $ 60 for 2 sausage pizzas.not too bad considering..

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Lol, you guys are making me hungry.
I actually didnt get any giordano's, that coupon was only for use before 3pm, cheap bastards. :biggrin:
I was looking forward to getting their stuffed meat, meat and more meat pizza, has sausage and salami bacon and pepperoni, basically a heart attack in a dish. But worth it. If im going out, that’s the way I want to do it.
Still, I got lots of nice leftovers in the fridge, even the leftover domino’s I can dress up with some extra meat and cheese and heat up in the oven, will turn out better than it was originally.
My thing with getting food for a game is that I want to start eating it right when the game starts. I don’t want to be full like an hour before game time. Basically I want a pleasure overload all at once: food! Football! Yes! If only I could convince the woman to fellate me as im eating and watching football, that would be the trifecta…
A bit of worcherstershire or AI in the meat should really make that beef taste pop, Hawk. Hopefully you don’t get too drunk before making it, only after it’s done when u can’t screw it up.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
picture.php

:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I feel like Goff is gonna get flustered. Ive seen it happen a few times this yr were hes clueless looking over to Mcvay think WTF do I do. It's rumored Mcvay tells Goff were or who to throw the ball to when he snaps it on certain plays. Kinda seems like that would confuse the fuck outta a QB after he snaps the ball have somebody talking into his helmet when the defense is pinned back coming after him. I don't know seems like bullahit really. But remember another team with more contraversal shit the last 2 decades than the Pats lol......You got a great young coach against the goat Belichick!!!! that's gonna be fun watching the young guy try to one up the old mastermind. This may not be pats best team ever but I think Brady , Belichich and the whole team have felt so disrespected by these new young teams coming in as favorites and have really answered the bell. I don't know if Belichich has ever coached as good as hes doing now. I just see Brady with business at mind and goes in there and gets that SB......for the last time maybe.....27, 23 Pats

Well I seen this coming......just like I said Goff is gonna get flustered and Bellichick is gonna have a defensive scheme/gameplay to shut the rams down. I was off on the score, but who would've thought the Pats hold the Rams to 3. I called this 2wks ago!!!! original post on 1-24

shithawk420

Veteran
All I'm gonna say is at least it wasn't a blowout.heres the sliders I made.between the onions,the A1 and Hawaiian bread it was too sweet but at least the bacon balanced it out a bit

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What a shitty game. Just a defensive struggle for 3 quarters. Brady had a great drive in the 4th, completing 4 passes to get them down at the goal line where michel ran it in. Goff took the rams the other way, Cooks couldn’t make a difficult catch in the end zone, and one or two plays later they seemed to be on the wrong page and Gilmore intercepted a pass intended for cooks. Still, if the rams defense could have held them to a punt, goff could have had another chance to tie it up, but that drive the patriots finally got their run game going, michel and burkhead breaking off long runs. Gostkowski barely made a 41yd FG and they were up 10. Zuerlein missed a long FG the other way and that was all she wrote – even if he made it the rams would have had to recover an onside kick and make a hail mary into the end zone to tie it up.

Give credit to the patriots, their defense looked like the 85 bears. Sacked goff 4x and hit him 12x.
Not sure who to blame more for this loss, mcvay or goff. Goff looked hesitant and late on too many throws, mcvay admitted he got outcoached. Mcvay may have a 30 year head coaching career and win 7-8 superbowls, but I think this loss, for now, puts a dent in his ‘genius’ label. To be held to a single FG, after averaging 35pts during the season? Jeez louise, this was even worse than their game vs the bears, and that was outdoors in 7 degree weather.

I do remember you saying goff was gonna get flustered, WV. I thought he played pretty well against two very good defenses in the cowboys and saints, enough to pick up big first downs and get the win. Maybe if cooks had caught that touchdown in double coverage late and tied it up at 10-10, we’d be saying how clutch goff was despite a difficult game.
But ever since cooper kupp went down, the last 5 games of the regular season goff wasn’t nearly as good as he was the first 3 months of the season. Maybe next year, with cooper back (assuming he’s back week 1) it’ll be a different story…

Those sliders still look good, hawk. You deserve props for trying something new anyway. Also, I didn’t think A1 sauce was that sweet? It's always seemed more tangy ime. Unless you used a version of A1 that was sweeter than normal, like I know they have a spicy version. Maybe when you cook it it gets sweeter...

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Adam Levines wardrobe malfunction wasn't a highlight.
Jason Mccourty taking the TD away from Cooks in the back of the endzone after Chung going down was the highlight of the game,even more than Gronks catch at the 2 setting up the Pat's first trip to the redzone in the 4th,with 3 defenders on him.
Goff had the deer in the headlight look in his eyes for most of the game,the stage was too big.
The AFC championship was the game of the year for most Pat's fans.

Americangrower

Veteran
13 to 3 is the largest amount of points the Pats have won a SB bye. 10 points.

Pat's D did exactly what I thought they would do. Showed McVay 1 formation then switched out to another leaving Goff looking as WV said, like a deer in the headlights.

As for the lack of scoring, that's thanks to the zebras letting the cb's mug.
As I've said 1000 times. I don't care if they "let them play" as long as they let both teams do it. Which they did.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yeah I mean the Cowboys, maybe Saints too were better defenses than New England. That was just Belichick at his finest. The Rams just haven't been to the big game before and got beat up by the school bully. I thought Goff kinda let the ball hang a bit to long on that play in the end zone.....and definitely the play that Cooks dropped that pass that hit him in the numbers. There's just something up with Gurley, these Rams haven't really been right since the later half of the season when Gurley got hurt or whatever. I'd be very surprised if Gurley don't have a major knee surgery this off-season. It's like wtf happen.....he was so explovisive up until the last quarter of the season.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It was truly a pretty unexciting game, Bungle. 17 total punts. 16 total pts, lowest ever for a superbowl. Ugh.

Mccourty definitely saved a TD by running over to defend Cooks in the back of the end zone, NE. If not for that, rams have the lead and maybe it’s a different game from then on. Goff needed to throw that pass a second or two earlier, as soon as cooks hit the end zone. I guess the patriots schemed to stop the run game and dared goff to beat them. I think he had opportunities deep if he could have hung in there despite the rush and looked downfield he could have had more than a few big plays.

I thought the patriots were a little rough with goff, AG, and could have had some penalties called on them. Donald too, on his one sack of brady, threw him down and that could have been a penalty.

NE’s defense was ranked middle of the pack by DVOA during the regular season, WV, but ur right, they came up big in the playoffs. They shut down the chargers and chiefs in the 1st half of their games, and held the rams to a super bowl record 3 pts. Belichick said afterwards that he looked at the game plan the lions had against the rams during the regular season, where his former DC held them in check until the 4th quarter. Also give credit to the players: Trey Flowers was huge, Gilmore was worth the big contract they signed him to, van noy was great as well. That defense won that title for them, much like during brady’s first 3 title runs.
You might be right about gurley, although mcvay said he was healthy in his postgame comments. I thought he was going to be a mismatch as a receiver against any of the pats’ linebackers, but he only got 2 targets all game. His one catch he was running out to the sideline, goff threw him the ball late and he got tackled for a loss.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
what a wild season of football!
i dont think anyone was expecting the game we saw on sunday, but the better team did win
kind of a let down if you ask me
the rams played one of the best games of football ive ever seen against the chiefs earlier in the season only to play one of the worse games in the super bowl
belichick and brady are truely goat and deserve their place in history
the rams defense looked good enough, holding the pats to a low score
i think it was goff and mcvay who really fell short tho, having nothing going the whole game
yeah, the pats defense played strong and kept goff off balance, but i felt mcvay never adjusted to what he was being given and goff was obviously in way over his head; you could see he had the deer in the headlights look the whole game and mcvay looked like a man who was out of ideas
im hoping that another year of experience helps goff and mcvay but this just wast their year

/luckily having watched years of bad football from another team you kind of expect it, at leaast this loss had a very la feel to it :)

eta:
ftw, s4l
/he once scored four touchdowns in a single game!

Americangrower

Veteran
I'm not 1 to say much about hand shakes after the game, but linemen always do it. Did any1 see Suh? He turned his back on them and walked off. Donald started to do it to but then showed some class and turned back. These guys in the line battled all night, glad to see good sportsmanship from all of them except Suh. Who we all know is the dirtiest player in football and a guy that I would never want on my team.

Baba as for qb roughing, I think the 1 on brady looked bad because of the whip. Don't think it was as bad as it looked. I didn't see anything on Goff, yes they hit him a lot but nothing low or high. There was 1 to the back/shoulders but it was right after he threw it. All the others that I saw you could see them release prior to slamming him to the ground, which is what they are told to do. Maybe I missed something?

Oh Gurley is def hurt, my guess is a partial tear to the MCL or LCL which will hopefully heal with treatment in the offseason.

B

Bird~friend

Watching Ellen and their on about "The big game this weekend"

Just saying So the patriots won

Latest posts

Latest posts