What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Junky Genetics -- Anybody running this stuff?

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Mad respect bro! I am quite envious of you outdoor guys, as not many things make me more happy than to see a fucking giant cannabis plant.

You wont be envious when it comes time to figure out how the #$%@ you're going to trim all that herb! :biggrin::biggrin: Someone's going to be in trim jail for awhile!

Jokes aside, that's a monster plant and is quite stunning in size! I wouldn't even no where to begin to start chopping that thing down. :laughing:

B

beanz

You wont be envious when it comes time to figure out how the #$%@ you're going to trim all that herb! :biggrin::biggrin: Someone's going to be in trim jail for awhile!

Jokes aside, that's a monster plant and is quite stunning in size! I wouldn't even no where to begin to start chopping that thing down. :laughing:

parole denied

Jonny Lan

Wedding cake x Gelato 33 I popped 12 seeds one plant died as a seedling and 6 were hermies. 1,2,4,5,6 and 9. I picked banners and let them continue. The best plants in order were #5 #10 #3 and number 7 they were all different except the 3 and 5 were similar. Got some The White X Wedding Cake going and Some Wedding cake bx and some Sour Octane x Seed Junky OG about to get started.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Wedding cake x Gelato 33 I popped 12 seeds one plant died as a seedling and 6 were hermies. 1,2,4,5,6 and 9. I picked banners and let them continue. The best plants in order were #5 #10 #3 and number 7 they were all different except the 3 and 5 were similar. Got some The White X Wedding Cake going and Some Wedding cake bx and some Sour Octane x Seed Junky OG about to get started.

Damn that sucks so many hermies. At least you got some winners, and that's what really matters;) I got the ice cream cake and gelato 33s1...Haven't popped em yet though. Kinda makes me hesitant due to the hermie issue, but as long as I can find at least one keeper it'll be worth it...

OP

Jonny Lan

Damn that sucks so many hermies. At least you got some winners, and that's what really matters;) I got the ice cream cake and gelato 33s1...Haven't popped em yet though. Kinda makes me hesitant due to the hermie issue, but as long as I can find at least one keeper it'll be worth it...

OP
Good luck man they are worth it. Just make sure you are vigilant checking the plants for sacs cause I never knew #6 was a hermies till I was trimming it, as I found one stray nanner

yts farmer

Veteran
Wedding cake bx1.

Popped 5 seeds only got 1 female, the other 4 plants were runty little males.

Terps on this wedding cake bx are unreal.

20180828_215802.jpg

20180828_215833.jpg

20180828_215931.jpg

yts farmer

Veteran
Sour diesel x animal cookies.

Popped 5 of these and again only got one female, this plant is the looker over the wedding cake bx1 and the sunset sherbet x high octane bx3

20180825_203317.jpg

20180825_202341.jpg

20180825_203900.jpg

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Looking fire YTS...I popped some wedding cake n gelato myself. Hope they come out nice and terpy like yours man. Cheers��

OP

yts farmer

Veteran
Looking fire YTS...I popped some wedding cake n gelato myself. Hope they come out nice and terpy like yours man. Cheers��

OP

Thanks for the compliments, will be great to see how you get on with the wedding cake and gelato s1's.

There is some real nice phenos to be had from both strains, I've got at least 8 seeds of each left so will be intresting to see if i can get a better wedding cake pheno.

I nearly bought a double pack of gelato s1 the other week but a buddy across the pond got his hands on the Larry bird so saved myself $150 and i should have that soon enough to try out.

Peace.

I was given 2 seed plants of wedding cake bx1 by a friend. One turned out to be a male, and the female hermied in week 3 of bloom. Until that point it looked like it was going to be a great plant! Smelled delicious and was producing good resin early. Both were axed as soon as I saw sacks. I may try seed junky gear in the future, but it isnt super high on my priority list. First picture is one of the typical tops week 3. See if you can spot what's wrong with picture #2

picture.php

picture.php

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I was given 2 seed plants of wedding cake bx1 by a friend. One turned out to be a male, and the female hermied in week 3 of bloom. Until that point it looked like it was going to be a great plant! Smelled delicious and was producing good resin early. Both were axed as soon as I saw sacks. I may try seed junky gear in the future, but it isnt super high on my priority list. First picture is one of the typical tops week 3. See if you can spot what's wrong with picture #2

View Image

View Image

Damn, that's sucks man!! Yeah, when I ordered the seeds I knew the risks:/ Gonna throw them in 2 gallon grow bags fill em up with coco and hand water em, so I can keep my eyes peeled for male wrinkle bags.
I dropped 12 seeds each strain, so I figure out of 24 I should be able to find a strong mother or 2 in each pack:D

Yea shit happens lol. The plants were free to me so no loss besides time. I've played Russian roulette with a couple different "high risk" unstable genetics. Sometimes you get the bullet. Other times you hit jackpot! I got a really nice cut of hulk smash from dark horse genetics. That one tested 25.38% thc. Multiple plants hermied from those seeds. In fact the breeder pulled the seeds over hermie issues. That's part of the fun of planting beans... Anything can and will happen!