What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaduc

Veteran
This Has all to do with Things you cant see and ZERO GROWER ERROR ...

Before I go to bed, I have to quote this, and I also have to mention that 5 people reading this thread alone agree based on the improbability of all 5 of them having clicked the mouse by accident at that exact point on the screen.

Before you can make a statement like that, you have to have to have a case sample where there are ZERO signs of grower error.

The pictures you have posted so far show clear signs of grower error. It really is as simple as that.

With regards to feeding, my aim is to never see tip burn at all. If I get it I kick myself. The level of burn on the plants in the pictures you posted is well beyond what I would be happy with. Therefore it's not disrespectful to cite grower error. It is clearly there.

What I don't understand is not that you have this opinion, but that the 5 people who liked your post have not considered that your pictures invalidate your conclusion.

Unless people start looking in the right place for the right things, a lot of bad ideas will be propagated and unless people are more critical of what they read before running with it, those bad ideas will be spread around quicker than the duds themselves.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can only state what I know that's all. I never herd of the dudd issue until after the LA cup. After we replaced all the bad cuts none of those people had any other issues with gg#4. I did learn that the dudd issue started with sour dubb in the dudd discussion thread.

I have given out alot of cuts not one has got a dudd from them. All of the others that got the same batch of cuts I did have also had no issues.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Keep in mind that no one has got duds from any other cuts of gg#4 except for the ones at the La cup. After those where replaced none have recurred. I'm not worried at all about getting dudds from her..

I agree, those that are running the gg#4 x SB look just like mine. It is a bit hot out in the veg room. I started it back up sooner then I would have liked..
my cut wasn't from la, it's 1 hand away from the man himself, that being said: my boy that i gave cuts to had about 50% of his cuts from the same plant that i took my most recent non dudd cuts from go dudd on him. it's more widespread than the la cup cuts judging by my/my friends experience with it

papaduc- have you considered that the real dudd plants are showing these signs as a result of being dudd's and not vis-versa? seemingly how you are looking at it? the main argument is that the majority of us that have experienced true dudds have our shit pretty well dialed and when its only effecting one plant of one strain in a room where every other plant is perfectly healthy you scratch your chin a bit, for the record my ppm's rarely go over 600 peak...I too, freak the phuck out over a little bit of tip burn....this is all based off of personal experience.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Day 54 for mine......

picture.php

picture.php

Won't be long now :woohoo:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said I can only state what I know. out of the hundreds of cuts we all handed out none have went dudd. I cant explain why or what triggers the dudd issue. Try one of my cuts it has never tossed a dudd.. Anyway to much dud in this thread lol.

Jbomber79

Veteran
YOU ARE FUCKING HILARIOUS!!! and I know folks that are running some major wattage with her...

I feel bad for those who have duds I really do.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I wouldn't hesitate to run a full room of glue also I am happy with my cut and so is everyone I have passed her off to. Problem is I have so many other good cuts and not enough space to commit to just one strain plus I like a variety of head smoke for myself.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Apparently the gorilla glue foxtails like a motherfucker when it's heat stressed. we had some 100 degree days and the swamp cooler is out, let's just say some of the buds look interesting. Yield looks pretty good anyway though.

I hate growing in summertime. indoors that is

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
josey- na man we chopped em as soon as they got diagnosed(typical sour dubb dudding...weak brittle stems, short petioles, small dark leaves, overly lateral branching, no frost, no smell, etc.) they were about 4-5 weeks in flower but i don't see his room too often(1-2 times per run)...and when i do im not picking things apart generally...but dude is a guy that i showed the ropes and he's consistently successful...he's been @ it for about 5yrs but i wouldn't say he's the most well versed in horticulture in general, just better at following directions...plus he still gets some good help lol but he doesn't divert from his usual methods at all...

-fwiw I first had dudds on some hindu skunk plants i grew in 09, got the cuts from some fam in pomona...50% were fire, 50% were hay...looking back at it they had the same traits of todays dudd phenomenon...this was before the sour dubb dudds afaik...at the time i really was still learning a lot myself and attributed it to grower error, but now i'm thinking a bit differently seeing as the rest of that run was very nice

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I think a lot of it boils down to shoot selection.. I wish I could post pictures right now, only one of my glues outdoors is not a totally lateral growing bush.. She is fattening but no upwards growth it seems. All of mine are cuts of cuts from the 1 I was gifted originally 1 hand away from SL - my first run seemed fine to me I could have done a better job but the herbs were quality.

To get to the point I took 5 clones for outdoors and I definitely have 2 dominant ones - one has EXCELLENT node spacing and is really branched out - gonna clone from this one and just flower out the others. Can't say for sure its a dud but from your guys description I guess thats what it is - its outdoors though and I have always heard sunlight will alleviate if not eradicate dud symptoms in final product. I suppose I am testing that theory myself as it really seems I have the symptoms... Gonna post up pics soon and get some 2nd opinions.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I think a lot of it boils down to shoot selection..

Yes it does......:biggrin:
Ive taken cuts from the same plant. Stripped it bare for cuts.
Guess what I found out...years and years ago, and it still stays true till this day...Not all cuts from the same plant are created equal.
Some cuts perform far better than others.
Doesnt mean its a dudd....like the GG4 dudding is concerned.....just means its not the best cut off the plant. Some branches are weak and tiny, and some are vigorous and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.