Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Dwc question

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
Dwc question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2017, 08:49 PM #1
Complete Noob

Complete Noob is on a distinguished road
Dwc question

I posted a thread on the hydro section but I forgot about this newly section here so I copied and pasted thread

I have a dwc grow where I have a 5 gallon bucket being filled with 2.5 gallons I am in week 6 of flower. The plant is extremely healthy and drinking a whole lot

At the end of week four moving to week five I noticed that she drank a whole lot she actually drank 2 gal, or 8 qts. Today when I replaced the bucket she drank all of it. There was a little puddle left. She drank 2.5 gals in 7 days

So my question is do I need to consider doing maybe a bucket change every 4 days?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	418946 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0370.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	418947
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 04:44 AM #2
Speed of green

Speed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the rough
as long as the system isnt leaking then yeah, add solution as often as the plant requires. or get a bigger reservoir.
Speed of green is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:59 PM #3
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of green View Post
as long as the system isnt leaking then yeah, add solution as often as the plant requires. or get a bigger reservoir.
Ok thanks. I'm just using a basic bucket system tho and I'm not sure if I can go larger. I'm sure I could fix up a tub but the amount of nutes I use would probably equal out

And I don't think there is a leak I use a different bucket each week. I have two I alternate. I fix the nute water in a fresh bucket then take my net pot off the old bucket and place it on the new one. Then I take the old bucket and clean it out. I haven't noticed any cracks or anything and getting a crack in either of the buckets, well is kind of hard to imagine that happening.

I have been begging this plant for close to a year I attempted to make clones but I'm retarded or something I can't do it. But yea this plant is pretty big.

I think my question really is should I use fresh nutes solution every four days or just top off with water?

To be honest I like the idea of fresh nute solution it just seems like it would benefit her more you know

Old 07-05-2017, 04:32 AM #4
Speed of green

Speed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the rough
Yeah i got what you mean.
The plant looks very healthy good job!

i would replace your nutrient solution as necessary, topping with water is not advised and will only slow down growth.
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 04:51 AM #5
justanotherbozo
on the bus ride of life.

justanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud of
...yeah, i'm no expert but if you converted to a recirculating DWC and plumbed your buckets together with a seperate reservoir, say a 50 gallon blue barrel or even a 30 gallon trash can i believe your system would be a lot more stable.

...like i said, i'm no expert so you should do some research on RDWC and don't be afraid to ask questions, we have lots of growers inhouse with years of experience that can help you.

peace, bozo

"Those that give up Liberty to have temporary Security deserve Neither"......Benjamin Franklin.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." ..... George Orwell
justanotherbozo is online now Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 07:50 AM #6
Rageous8899

Yeah dont even change buckets. Just add solution and if the ph is fine then fine. Sometimes i wont change out for 2 weeks. Led will zappp your water during that thirst period but it will decipate

Old 07-05-2017, 07:51 AM #7
Rageous8899

My girls often lack calmag with led so if you notice any def id point to calmag right away

Old 07-05-2017, 11:52 AM #8
gh0stm0de

gh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura about
Bozo is all the way right.

Should be using float valve in control bucket linked to a reservoir such as drum or Rubbermaid etc to maintain appropriate level. 2.5 gal in a 5gal is not sufficient and you are limiting your potential rootspace. Should be more like 3.5 depending on depth of netcup.

Like bozo said connecting allows for all buckets allows for even water level regulation and constant top off on demand. Integrating a water pump to recirculate is ideal because it keeps even tds composition in each bucket, allows for water temperature control via chiller or heater, and helps aerate.
gh0stm0de is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 02:56 PM #9
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stm0de View Post
Bozo is all the way right.

Should be using float valve in control bucket linked to a reservoir such as drum or Rubbermaid etc to maintain appropriate level. 2.5 gal in a 5gal is not sufficient and you are limiting your potential rootspace. Should be more like 3.5 depending on depth of netcup.

Like bozo said connecting allows for all buckets allows for even water level regulation and constant top off on demand. Integrating a water pump to recirculate is ideal because it keeps even tds composition in each bucket, allows for water temperature control via chiller or heater, and helps aerate.
Sounds great. This is my first time doing a bucket. I will certainly consider this the next time I want to do this

My net cup takes up half the bucket which is why I only do 2.5 tho. I have a smaller net cup but it wouldn't fit on the bucket lol weird.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:58 PM #10
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherbozo View Post
...yeah, i'm no expert but if you converted to a recirculating DWC and plumbed your buckets together with a seperate reservoir, say a 50 gallon blue barrel or even a 30 gallon trash can i believe your system would be a lot more stable.

...like i said, i'm no expert so you should do some research on RDWC and don't be afraid to ask questions, we have lots of growers inhouse with years of experience that can help you.

peace, bozo
Do you really think I should go 30 or 50 gal for a one plant 600w grow??