Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Cannabis Law and Politics > Jeff sessions asks congress to end the cole memo

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Discreet Seeds
Jeff sessions asks congress to end the cole memo Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2017, 02:35 PM #1
rolandomota

rolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nice
Jeff sessions asks congress to end the cole memo

Jay sessions is at it again i see this as a good thing because it will push congress to change federal law

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4acf84a59f4d
rolandomota is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:51 PM #2
OldPhart

OldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really nice
I had that feeling when I saw one of Sessions' first press statements. I don't really blame Sessions, he is right in that if it is the law, it should be enforced; if you don't like it, change the law. Starting a war with the med folks is the path to getting it re-classified. It is rather stupid to come up with these 'policies' of selectively enforcing laws. Do you really think the feds like the idea of not being able to cash in on what they can't stop any longer?

Last edited by OldPhart; 06-13-2017 at 03:05 PM..
OldPhart is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:11 PM #3
rolandomota

rolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nicerolandomota is just really nice
Thats the way i see it this gives the cannabis caucus more support
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2017, 05:16 PM #4
accessndx
♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom...And a poom-poom♫

accessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant future
Here Come de Judge...

Why can't someone pull an Abner Louima on Sessions?

If there's any justice in the world this would happen. Back off our marijuana tits bro, just back the F.U.C.K. off and pick a fight somewhere else you smug, russian sympathizing, double-agent, racist, hick bastard.

You can't kick me because your brain is stupid!
Death: Adventure Time
Jimi Hendrix: "Are You Experienced?":
So-er, Are You Experienced?
Ah! Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have
Ah, let me prove it to you

*FORECAST IS TERPY: WITH A CHANCE OF COUCHLOCK*
accessndx is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:46 AM #5
Ready4

Ready4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of light
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...201700970.html

This article explains why the people who support Trump/Sessions are afraid of learning the truth. And why none of them can refute a factual statement or answer a 'real world" question. Making America 'great" again ? lol Yeah, not having usable skills or an education is 'harming" America.....
Not surprised here....lol
Ready4 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:28 AM #6
subrob
plain ole biker trash

subrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant futuresubrob has a brilliant future
I believe that to be one of the polls that is just not solid enough to show any real results
You ask 100 Dems and 100 reps if approve of what's going on on-campus your going to get 200 different interpretations of what SHOULD go on. I'm a dem and I see young kids censoring each other and splitting up and labeling. Makes me sick. Makes me laugh. Makes me scared. Then I have to back off and go big picture. College is an age when you experiment w thought. Just gotta believe they gonna wise up.
So as much as I pity and piss on some repub lines I find it difficult to argue w someone who thinks university is going to shit
subrob is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2017, 11:32 AM #7
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
I cut and pasted some comments from this article in the Washington post, to highlight the huge negative response towards Jeff Sessions attempts at interfering with states rights regarding the legalization of medicinal marijuana...

1. 'The only ones to gain here are the Corporate (private) Prisons founded down south and being traded on Wall Street, Big Pharma that peddles most of it's opiate derivatives in Corporate prison / distribution warehouse states, prison guard unions, and the military guarding raw opium sources in the Narco State of Afghanistan (which provides over 70% of the world's raw opium and 90% of the illegal heroin which is derived from morphine from opium to the world). The US consumes over 50% of the world's demand. Mexico makes 7% of the raw opium, while Veitnam/ laos / thailand / burma provide 13%.'

2.' “Substituting cannabis for one or more of alcohol, illicit drugs or prescription drugs was reported by 87% (n = 410) of respondents, with 80.3% reporting substitution for prescription drugs, 51.7% for alcohol, and 32.6% for illicit substances.” From “Substituting cannabis for prescription drugs, alcohol and other substances among medical cannabis patients: The impact of contextual factors” (PubMed – 2015). So what happens to Big Pharma's (obscenely large) profits when 8 out of 10 of you start growing your own medicine? '

And just how effective is cannabis at replacing those expensive pills? “The three main reasons cited for cannabis-related substitution are “less withdrawal” (67.7%), “fewer side-effects” (60.4%), and “better symptom management” suggesting that many patients may have already identified cannabis as an effective and potentially safer adjunct or alternative to their prescription drug regimen.” From “Cannabis as a substitute for alcohol and other drugs: A dispensary-based survey of substitution effect in Canadian medical cannabis patients” (Informa - 2013). See why Big Pharma is "fighting tooth and nail" to prevent legalization? '

3.'' As a physician, I am appalled at these poorly informed opinions and desire to act on them (without educating oneself at all) in a way that would affect health of so many people. Medical marijuana has been helpful to cancer patients and others with terminal illnesses in ways that no other drugs in our medical arsenal have. And right when we are in the middle of an opioid epidemic, it makes even more sense to explore and promote other drugs for pain/anxiety control. Marijuana is very different in effect from other serious drugs of abuse like cocaine, heroin etc. and does have a much better safety profile. This guy, if he cared about the health of Americans, would have found out the research does not support repealing access to marijuana, but we all know he doesn't.''

4. "A growing body of research (acknowledged by the National Institute on Drug Abuse) has shown that opiate deaths and overdoses actually decrease in states with medical marijuana laws on the books."

'I've read a lot of articles lately that keep highlighting the thought that perhaps the best solution to the Opioid Crisis is to transition addicts to marijuana. It's natural after all. What evidence does Sessions cite to prove his point?

Seems likely that if asked, Sessions would cite the 1930's propaganda film "Reefer Madness" and some poorly written 1970's era "After School Specials" as his sole source. Not as if stats show a huge spate of Stoners out there murdering and committing mayhem since it became legal in certain states.'

Soon, (if I loose my extradition case here in the UK)...I myself may be tried under this schizophrenic federal marijuana law, which claims that cannabis/marijuana has no medical use whatsoever, and classes it in the exact same category as heroin - a schedule one narcotic.

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:47 PM #8
Ready4

Ready4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of lightReady4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by subrob View Post
I believe that to be one of the polls that is just not solid enough to show any real results
You ask 100 Dems and 100 reps if approve of what's going on on-campus your going to get 200 different interpretations of what SHOULD go on. I'm a dem and I see young kids censoring each other and splitting up and labeling. Makes me sick. Makes me laugh. Makes me scared. Then I have to back off and go big picture. College is an age when you experiment w thought. Just gotta believe they gonna wise up.
So as much as I pity and piss on some repub lines I find it difficult to argue w someone who thinks university is going to shit
Yes, I hear your point there. But if you reread the story, I think the real story is the large very recent percentage increase from just 2015.
Young people, of course, will jump faster at each other, which is often misguided.
But many colleges & universities are very diverse in the programs
they offer. Years ago, a college I attended had many technical programs in skilled trades & other diverse programs that provided many people I know skill sets that they have been able to live a very good/decent life from.
I have found many of the "angry Americans" in our country completely lacking in any useful skills. Those are the folks who should be the last people who should EVER think colleges or universities are harming the USA.
The days of manual labor jobs, with no training or specific skills, paying good $$$, have been gone for years.

Good day to all out there !
Ready4 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM #9
Ready4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post

" This guy, if he cared about the health of Americans, would have found out the research does not support repealing access to marijuana, but we all know he doesn't.''
Yes, they could care less about the health of the citizens they are supposed to represent and care about.

'I've read a lot of articles lately that keep highlighting the thought that perhaps the best solution to the Opioid Crisis is to transition addicts to marijuana. It's natural after all. What evidence does Sessions cite to prove his point?

The use of the term the "Opioid Crisis" is just the latest diversion tactic by the White House clowns.

“You want to talk about Russia,” Kellyanne Conway told Cuomo during their 35-minute, often heated exchange. “I want to talk about the opioid crisis.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/conway-cl...165236591.html

100% diversion tactic. Prior to the "opioid crisis !" BS, it was
the 'violent illegal immigrants !" diversion BS.

The "Opioid Crisis" is old news, it has been taking place for decades. They ignore the fact that after they cracked down hard on the pill mill scumbag doctors, Heroin deaths have spiked because Heroin is now cheaper than the pills.

Gypsy, hopefully Trump has so offended your government, as evidenced by the UK no longer sharing intelligence data, that the UK will not cooperate with the US in any cases such as yours.
Wish the very best with that, you have already suffered far more than anybody should.
Ready4 is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2017, 01:05 AM #10
vta

vta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond repute
Gypsy....Hopefully you will remain safe in the UK ! There is a ton of fear in regards to cannabis enforcement here in the US...but so far nothing to back that fear has come to fruition. A week ago, recreation sales of cannabis to anyone over the age of 21 became legal in the state of Nevada. Dispensaries on the world famous Las Vegas Strip had lines around the corner with over $3 million in sales the first weekend. The DOJ did not stop it and now the most popular travel destination in the world is serving up legal cannabis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4 View Post
The use of the term the "Opioid Crisis" is just the latest diversion tactic by the White House clowns.
There is an opioid crisis in America. And it is good that the feds are doing something about it...and most if not all of it comes from Mexico....but that's racist huh? I know/knew a guy that OD last month...that same night 3 others in my town did as well. So I do feel that we need to get a handle on the situation. My view is to legalize EVERYTHING and regulate hard drugs. That would cut out the cartels selling shit that instantly kills while having the ability to get something 'clean' all the while keeping otherwise law abiding citizens out of jail and without tarnished records that stick around an individuals entire life. We need more injection sites, education etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4 View Post
as evidenced by the UK no longer sharing intelligence data
Not true...that lasted less than 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian
HEADLINE: UK police end suspension of intelligence sharing with US.

The suspension, announced early on Thursday morning, lasted less than 24 hours.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

C'mon...You know you want to click this...

American?
Click here...

vta is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.