Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Anybody using boveda

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
Anybody using boveda Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2017, 12:59 AM #1
packerfan79

packerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud of
Anybody using boveda

I Have quite a bit of buds, I want to make it last. Is anyone using boveda packs? I have a couple of the 62 packs I am testing out. Anybody using the 58 packs
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 01:03 AM #2
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant futureVanilla Phoenix has a brilliant future
I've been using the boveda 62's for a few months now. Nothing long term. So far I really like them. Seems to excellerate curing some and the texture of the bud is great. Not to mention that using them is almost set it and forget it. I give em two thumbs up
Vanilla Phoenix is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:51 AM #3
bsgospel

bsgospel has a spectacular aura aboutbsgospel has a spectacular aura aboutbsgospel has a spectacular aura aboutbsgospel has a spectacular aura about
62 is the way to go. One for every pound or so. Just store them properly or they'll get hard and useless.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:15 AM #4
packerfan79

packerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud ofpackerfan79 has much to be proud of
Cool thanks guys
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 02:40 AM #5
A10

A10 will become famous soon enoughA10 will become famous soon enough
Agreed on the 62, you can get 'em in 8 & 67 gram packs. And if you're planning to store long-term it might be worth getting a CVault too
A10 is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 04:54 AM #6
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
I use the 67g 62% bovedas all the time. They're my insurance policy against buds drying out before they're cured. I use 'em long term as well to keep buds springy. It's a little damp for best toking straight out of a storage jar but that changes fast in my dry climate.
Jhhnn is online now Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 05:12 AM #7
TheMan13

TheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud ofTheMan13 has much to be proud of
There is a competitor to Boveda that is made in the US: Integra Boost humidity packs.

TheMan13 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:42 AM #8
Chuck E. Kush

Chuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really niceChuck E. Kush is just really nice
Did multiple side by sides...
The Boveda out performs the Boost in my opinion.
Boveda lasted longer and kept the flowers moister, smokeable but,
not over dried quicker like the Boost jars.

thesoilking.com/big-rootz/

MendoDopeMusic.com

Mendoseeds.com
Chuck E. Kush is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 10:17 PM #9
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
I discovered that the cello packaging of bovedas won't keep them from drying out on the shelf, so always keep spares in a sealed jar.

I also discovered that they can be re-hydrated by soaking in distilled water. If they come in at the original weight or less, they'll hold 62% in a sealed jar. If they come out too plump they'll make the humidity too high in a sealed jar. That's easy enough to fix in a dry climate just by leaving them out until the weight comes down.

I have no idea why it works that way, but it does.
Jhhnn is online now Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 11:54 PM #10
watts
ohms

watts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to allwatts is a name known to all
Re-hydrating Boveda Packs:

Step 1: Take a mason jar and put 3 things in it; a piece of sterile gauze (a few sterile cotton balls will work), a piece of heat safe plastic to act as a spacer (Something like a keck clip, or a plastic thingy that comes in the box with pizzaís (but make sure itís clean), and some distilled water. You must only use distilled water to prevent mold and the pores inside the Boveda from clogging. Do not use tap water.

Step 2: Put the Mason jar (WITHOUT A LID ON IT YET) containing the gauze, water, and spacer in a microwave, and bring the water to a boil in the Mason jar. Once it cools down pour off the majority of the water making sure to leave the moistened gauze and spacer in the Mason jar. If you canít use a microwave, use a sterile piece of gauze (sterile cotton balls will work), distilled water, and boil the components in a pot of water on the stove before pouring and placing the components inside a mason jar. Do not boil the Boveda pack. The most important thing is to make sure everything is as sterile as you can get it

Step 3: Place the Boveda you want to recharge on top of the spacer. Make sure the Bovedaís paper isn't sitting in the water and put a lid on the Mason jar.

Step 4: Put the sealed Mason jar on a level surface like a table or dresser and be patient.

Step 5: In a day or two open the Mason jar and remove your rejuvenated Boveda. (If by chance the Boveda isn't completely rejuvenated put the lid back on and check it again in a day or two until itís fully rejuvenated. Any that come out of the jar too heavy will lose weight gradually just by leaving them out in the open air. It takes a day or few for any lumpiness to go away, if they come out too heavy. Weigh the re-hydrated pack on an accurate digital scale and if the pack weighs 67 grams or a bit less (the original weight of a large 67 gram Boveda 62% humidipak) then the pack will hold at 62% humidity, or whatever humidiy % Boveda humidipak that you purchased. Itís ok if it weighs a few grams more. For example, a large 67 gram 62% Boveda Humidipak may weigh up to 74 grams.

Step 6: Store the recharged Bovedaís in a dry Mason jar with the lid tightly closed. You may place a hygrometer inside and see if it reads around 62% after 24 hours. Remove the hygrometer and preferably vacuum seal the jar to keep the Boveda pack fresh and stable for longer periods. You can keep reusing the same Boveda until the paper itís made of tears or wears out. Itís best to rehydrate Boveda packs before they get fully dehydrated. Once the salts inside the Boveda packs become hardened and not as liquidy, it is time to re-hydrate. After re-hydrating, the Boveda packs may not stay hydrated as long as when they were first purchased. It is best to re-hydrate 1 pack at a time.
watts is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.