Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > The Library > Best Cannabis History Books?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
Best Cannabis History Books? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 05:56 PM #1
Green Squall

Green Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant future
Best Cannabis History Books?

I've read Cannabis: A History by Martin Booth and of course The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Any other suggestions?
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 PM #2
Cadfael

Cadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really nice
I enjoyed Hashish by Robert Clark

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:00 PM #3
anurag

anurag will become famous soon enoughanurag will become famous soon enough
Marijuana Botany from Robert C. Clarke is good. It's not a history book exactly, but has some cannabis history in it.
anurag is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2017, 03:34 AM #4
zoic

zoic has a spectacular aura aboutzoic has a spectacular aura aboutzoic has a spectacular aura aboutzoic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
I enjoyed Hashish by Robert Clark
Darn!. I have had that book sitting a whole foot away from me for about 6 months now and all I can manage to do is read it 5 minutes at a time. If I could break the spine and sit it on my book holder I would read it in a week, but I borrowed and I doubt my bro would appreciate me mangling it.
zoic is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:46 AM #5
Medfinder

Medfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really niceMedfinder is just really nice
Marijuana botany, hashish,and sinsemilla were the books i read in the 70's.
Acts 2:38King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Genesis 1:29 King James Version (KJV)

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 AM #6
window

window is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of lightwindow is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
I've read Cannabis: A History by Martin Booth and of course The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Any other suggestions?
Cannabis, Evolution and Ethnobotany by Rob Clark and Mark Merlin
All other cannabis history books pale in comparison.
window is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2017, 06:53 PM #7
Green Squall

Green Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant future
The Great Book Of Hashish by Laurence Cherniak looks like an excellent book but doesn't seem to be widely available.

Check out this video from 5:20-18:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQJy-Ipox48
Green Squall is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:39 PM #8
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
The Cannabible 1 has some interesting history in its beginning pages.
Nothing surpasses Cannabis Evolution and Ethnobotany.
Hashish by RCC is an excellent read as is Marijuana Botany.
The POT BOOK (several authors) is an excellent expose of cannabis medical history.
The Emporer Wears No Clothes is my all time favorite. 11th edition being one of the best because of the inclusion of resource materials (second half of the book).
Then there are the various publications put out by a few breeders. They're not exactly history but they can be use as a resource for placing things in their historical place.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM #9
weedtoker

weedtoker has a spectacular aura aboutweedtoker has a spectacular aura aboutweedtoker has a spectacular aura aboutweedtoker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
The Cannabible 1 has some interesting history in its beginning pages.
Nothing surpasses Cannabis Evolution and Ethnobotany.
Hashish by RCC is an excellent read as is Marijuana Botany.
The POT BOOK (several authors) is an excellent expose of cannabis medical history.
The Emporer Wears No Clothes is my all time favorite. 11th edition being one of the best because of the inclusion of resource materials (second half of the book).
Then there are the various publications put out by a few breeders. They're not exactly history but they can be use as a resource for placing things in their historical place.
I would add on to those any of Chris Bennett cannabis related books, but the last by Merlin/Clarke (that you mention also) really changed my life lol

cheers

Old 04-21-2017, 03:12 AM #10
Stan G.

Stan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really nice
What excellent reading material. I have Hashhish along with many others, but there is still plenty many of great options you all have provided. Thanks!
Stan G. is offline Quote